The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED after one year

Forums General Melanoma Community NED after one year

Participant
      Received CT scan at end of 2019, results came back with great news, no evidence of disease. It’s been a long year, but my oncologist is encouraged and I am stopping my Nivo (Opdivo) bi-weekly treatments after 25 of them. So lucky to be moving on to the new stage of monitoring by my care team, and not in active treatment.

Thanks to all the support here, I will of course continue to monitor and lurk, and post if I can contribute. I know over the last year we get posts here wondering if people diagnosed with Stage III C have a chance of going NED, I am happy that I am blessed on being one.

Keep up the fight!

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        jbronicki
        Participant
          Congratulations Mike! That’s the way to start 2020, so glad to hear your news. So happy for you. Best, Jackie
            MikeInAK
            Participant
              Thank you Jackie!

Being the eternal pessimist, I never thought this would turn out this way: no issues with a a year of treatment of Opdivo, and a positive outcome. My dermatologist was very cautious with my every 3 month full body checks, think she took 7 biopsies over the year, and all came back benign. I feel so fortunate, but somehow nervous I have arrived here with so few problems. Must be power of prayer and trying to focus on the positive.

Sharon93065
              Participant
                Definitely the Power of Prayer. I was NED after 1 year I think, but total of 2 years every other week Opdivo Infusions. No tumors a year ago but Dr wanted to do 2 years.
                And I was given the lowest dose of Opdivo 90mg the oncologists nurses told me. PTL!
                Sharon
              casagrayson
              Participant
                That’s incredible news, Mike! Way to start off the new year!
                chrispl1974
                Participant
                  Fantastic news. I am very happy for you !!!
                  MelMel
                  Participant
                    Congratulations on such wonderful news! What a way to start 2020 and must be such a relief! Thank you for sharing.
                    Melanie

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics