The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

NED 14 years

Forums General Melanoma Community NED 14 years

Participant

this month.  Stage IIC on top of head with satellites.  Given odds of less than 25% for 5 year survival because of its depth and closeness to vascular system.  Breathing easier thesse days.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all for positive outcomes

this month.  Stage IIC on top of head with satellites.  Given odds of less than 25% for 5 year survival because of its depth and closeness to vascular system.  Breathing easier thesse days.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all for positive outcomes

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        DebbieH
        Participant

Wow – 14 YEARS!!  Great news Bill and I'm sure there will be a lot of people reading this and getting hope from you.  Thanks for posting and wishing you a long, happy melanoma free life.

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years

DebbieH
          Participant

Wow – 14 YEARS!!  Great news Bill and I'm sure there will be a lot of people reading this and getting hope from you.  Thanks for posting and wishing you a long, happy melanoma free life.

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years

lhaley
            Participant

Great news!  Think of how many advancements they've made in melanoma since your original diagnosis, but still with so much more advancement needed.

Hope you can continue being cancer free.

Linda – original primary in 79,  Stage IV since 06, currently NED

lhaley
              Participant

Great news!  Think of how many advancements they've made in melanoma since your original diagnosis, but still with so much more advancement needed.

Hope you can continue being cancer free.

Linda – original primary in 79,  Stage IV since 06, currently NED

dian in spokane
                Participant

congratulations! that's such great news.

thanks so much for posting.

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                  Participant

congratulations! that's such great news.

thanks so much for posting.

dian in spokane

Tim–MRF

Bill:

In the past seven days I have learned of four people who died of melanoma.  I cannot tell you how much I needed to read your good news, just to remember that many, many people beat this beast.  Thank you for sharing your great story.  It gives hope to everyone in the fight.

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

Bill:

In the past seven days I have learned of four people who died of melanoma.  I cannot tell you how much I needed to read your good news, just to remember that many, many people beat this beast.  Thank you for sharing your great story.  It gives hope to everyone in the fight.

Tim–MRF

DonW
                        Participant

Bill — you are one of the great warrior stories on mpip. Congratulations! I've also noticed over the years that you have been a great contributor to the mpip community, so I suggest you stick around for another 14, with options to renew.

DonW
                          Participant

Bill — you are one of the great warrior stories on mpip. Congratulations! I've also noticed over the years that you have been a great contributor to the mpip community, so I suggest you stick around for another 14, with options to renew.

triciad
                            Participant

Bill,

Thanks for posting this wonderful news…a great way to start my day!  I wish you many more decades of NED status!!!!

Tricia

triciad
                              Participant

Bill,

Thanks for posting this wonderful news…a great way to start my day!  I wish you many more decades of NED status!!!!

Tricia

CLPrice31
                                Participant

I love reading stories like yours! Congratulations & I hope you have MANY more NED years! smiley

CLPrice31
                                  Participant

I love reading stories like yours! Congratulations & I hope you have MANY more NED years! smiley

BethA
                                    Participant

14 yrs…that is wonderful.  Glad you are able to relax a little.  Enjoy your freedom from MM.  Beth 3/B

BethA
                                      Participant

14 yrs…that is wonderful.  Glad you are able to relax a little.  Enjoy your freedom from MM.  Beth 3/B

LynnLuc
                                        Participant

I am Stage 4  and for the past 17 months NED… remind me that it's time to e-mail my Mayo doc who gave me 6-9 months back in June 09….wink

LynnLuc
                                          Participant

I am Stage 4  and for the past 17 months NED… remind me that it's time to e-mail my Mayo doc who gave me 6-9 months back in June 09….wink

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics