The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mission Complete!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Mission Complete!!

Participant

Hello to you all and Merry Christmas {and or Happy Holidays or just another day} to you all!! well i did it, my Surgery of my lung,  Right Lower Lobe went smooth, i spent that day plus an overnight and was discharged by the end of the 2nd day thank God, i hate staying, i enjoy healing at home. So, the 5.7cm Melanoma Monster is finally gone, cuz he wasnt responding to any treatment to date,  now all thats left is,  all the other smaller ones in my lungs should be taken care of by the Opdivo, so far they do now grow wich is good. Boy, some of you talked about the chest tube being irratating and that once its out id feel better huh! not really for me!, once out i couldnt feel a difference really but after like 3 or 4 days most the pain subsided and now im just left with like a "burning" sensation in one of two incisions, the one made just under my right chest tit, boy it can burn like a  son of a bitch when i lay down but goes away when im sitting up!..but its almost healed, i hate to say it but iv already taken a few puffs from a ciggerette, i feel bad but what the hell! im human for the most part!…Im up for my Opdivo #10 next Monday. Thank you all for being here at MRF, i couldnt have had any support anywhere else….love ya`ll…  

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        RichInLife2
        Participant

Congratulations, Mike. Glad to have you back on board. Good luck with the healing and as for the cigarettes, take whatever you need to help you through the battle. Soon you’ll have to change your id to ExMelanoma-Mike.

Merry Christmas!!

Bubbles
          Participant

I knew you could rock it out, Mike!!!  Good for you.  You will probably have some weird pains and strange sensations as those nerves around all the incisions heal.  It will take a while.  Now…ditch those ciggies for 2019 and plan all sorts of wonderful fun things to do instead!!!  Love you bunches.  Hang tough!  c

HeidiZ
              Participant

Mike, glad you’re lung surgery is finally behind you and your back on the board posting! Here’s to a smooth 2019 for all of us! Heidi

caman
                Participant

Im lighting up a cigar to honor you Mike.  Your the man!

sing123
                Participant

Much congrats on a successful surgery and best wishes for a melanoma free 2019!!!

BillB
                  Participant

Mike, congrats on the successful surgery and good luck in 2019!

Coragirl
                    Participant

Congratulations Mike, wishing you a speedy recovery and an easier 2019.

MelMel
                      Participant

Way to go Mike! For us taking away is a blessing……you the lung monster and me the 40% shrinkage confirmed by my CT scan. Great to hear you are well on the way to recovery! I had completed two of my combo threatments and then my liver enzymes went their own and I ended up in the hospital. Unlucky me to be the one of  the select 10 %. I just hope that whatever I have gained with the shrinkage is not all lost.

All we can do is remain positive and strive for the best!

Best regards and Happy New Year,

Melanie

lkb
                        Participant

Congrats! Wishing you a smoooooooth heal.

Lisa

AnxiousDad
                          Participant
                            Congrats dude. I’m a lurker, haven’t posted before but I read every post on here and I have been praying and hoping you got it done. You’re an inspiration to all warriors , even those like me who haven’t been through much compared to you guys. Thanks for your posts. You have really brightened my days when I was feeling down & you have been inspirations to all….I’m sure there are 1000 more lurkers like me who feel the same.

That goes for everyone here who posts the good bad and ugly. This place has been such a comfort.

Merry Christmas Mike & all warriors & caregivers

Raco
                              Participant

Great News Mike, your a tough dude, keep the positive thoughts and it will get you through anything

RACO  Robbie

KellyH
                              Participant

Job well done Mike!!!!! I have been waiting to hear from you!!! I’m so glad the worst of it is over for you!!!!! Time to put all that behind you and move forward with the Opdivo amd have nothing but goood news come your way!!!!  

2018 was definitely not my favorite year that’s for sure so here’s to 2019!!!! You have to have hope that there are and will always be better days ahead!!!!!  

You got this!!!!!  

Kelly 🙂 

jetdoctor67
                                Participant

Glad your surgery went well.  Gods Speed on your recovery.

GeoTony
                                  Participant

Great News mike, wonderful start to 2019

gopher38
                                    Participant

Great.  Best of luck in 2019 … for all of us.

SABKLYN
                                      Participant

Congratulations, tough guy!  Evicting the little devil with extreme prejudice must be gratifying.  Happy New Year and best wishes for good health!

tedtell1
                                        Participant

Mike;

Great news to hear. Merry Christmas and I pray the coming year brings more shrinkage and stability for you. 

Blessings,

Ted

Mark_DC
                                          Participant

Well done Mike I am really glad you went through with this, you are very brave and great you pulled it off. And that you are even looking forward to your next infusion!

Maureen038
                                              Participant

Great news Mike!!! I’m so happy for you!!! 

Maureen

VinceMart
                                              Participant

Great news Mike, wishing you a healthy 2019!

Viewing 15 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics