The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Mike you are reaching new levels of twitter” Fame”

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Mike you are reaching new levels of twitter” Fame”

Participant
      I was on Dr. Omid Hamid’s twitter page this morning and came across a tweet in support of Mike!!! Now, Mike I must ask who is “Striper McGee? Dr. Hamid put the following link up and also included a phone # for you Mike with an offer to help you with costs involved!!! Phone # 310-231-2121 Good luck with your meeting tomorrow!!!! Ed https://twitter.com/StriperMcgee/status/1169661209861414913
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichelleRHG
        Participant
          That is wonderful! The tip top guy is helping – just had to get past the gatekeepers. Mike, your awesome reputation has preceded you. I know Dr. Hamid will have a plan!
          JudiAU
          Participant
            MelanomaMike— I mentioned this website as being very helpful to new patients to the social worker at Angeles Clinic. We discussed Dr. Hamid’s reputation and mentioned that his biggest fan had an upcoming appointment with him, the funding partially crowd sourced by other melanoma sufferers. I think the tweet was probably responsible for his tweet but know that we are all rooting for you.

Bubbles I also recommended your blog as an accurate, clear resource.

GeoTony
            Participant
              Good luck for tomorrow Mike
              Christiane29
              Participant
                This is so great! Mike, i wish you all the best for tomorrow and may Hamid be your guide through this nightmare.
                MLD1973
                Participant
                  Good luck Mike x
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Yeeeha! Im so Star Struck! I pulled up that Twit feed! Wow! Ill have to look into who that “Striper McGee” fellow, or ladie is! (Thank you if your reading this!!) Im really nervous now! Haha i cant believe Hamid talked about me sorta! Haha…wow, just think guys, if he could turn around my insurance so he could treat me, wouldnt that be great?! I mean, the consult “cost” is one thing, i have that Fundage now, (thanx 2 you all!!) but this is just a consult, i want HIM to see me thru his treatment plan! I have an insurance that if Tweeked a little bit, he could treat me!!… thank you all, i will get on here and let you guys know whats going on after im home ASAP!… love ya brothers & sisters & every type inbetween…
                      doragsda
                      Participant
                        Mike, I think we’re in open enrollment period right now, so if you need to switch your insurance coverage, now is the time to fill out the paperwork. Good luck tomorrow, my wife has been seeing Hamid for two years and he’s a great guy; very positive in terms that he always seems to say that there are other things that we can try if this one doesn’t work out. She has had great results with him. He coordinates and directs her treatments but she gets her infusions and scans locally (we’re in San Luis Obispo) and we drive down to see Hamid every 90 days. Plus he answers my emails very reliably. Best wishes.
                        Dave
                        JudiAU
                        Participant
                          Not sure what your options but we have new HMO through Cedars/UCLA and they have been fabulous and I have had a LOT of medical care these last two years. It is called Anthem VIvity
                          MelanomaMike
                          Participant
                            Hi Dave! That is awesome that your wife has been in his care for so long! I could only hope to be so lucky! Well i have California’s Medi-Cal and i chose Kaiser so i could “keep” my prior Kaiser offered by my last employer since 2003 (i was diagnosed in 2008) so, to get it switched “back” to Straight Medi-Cal is not an easy breezy switch, i have the packet (forms) ready but need to get Hamids “Blessing” first! Then ill feel comfortable doing it, maybe he could even start my treatment while its being switched!!!???? He takes Reg Medi-Cal!!…well, gotta get some rest, been on this phone to long, eyes are gettin Googly Woogly….love ya brother…
                            MelanomaMike
                            Participant
                              I found Striper McGee on Twitter! You bet i Thanked Him big time! I look forward to meeting him, and his reply, i wanna pick his brain, find out who he is!! I do know he has always followed Dr. Hamid so, he mighta been treated by him!….this has all been out of this World! ….im blessed..
                            MelMel
                            Participant
                              Best of luck Mike!!! We are all rooting for you! Let Dr. Hamid do his melanoma magic!!!
                              Melanie
                                MelanomaMike
                                Participant
                                  Thank you Melanie!! Love ya lots and ill get on after im home!!!!!
                                Bubbles
                                Participant
                                  Sending nothing but good vibes your way today, Mike!!!! les
                                    MelanomaMike
                                    Participant
                                      Celeste! Thank you thank you! Like i said just now, 3pm is approaching fast! Im a bit nervous, all this has been Hyped up cuz its such a big deal for me, with “us” rather, were in this fight together, what i endure and “learn” i pass it on to to you my MRF Family, that way ideas & possible treatments can be brought up to our own oncologist that maybe was never brought up in the first place for us! Love ya Bubbles, ill get on here after im home…
                                    mandyjill
                                    Participant
                                      Mike,
                                      Prayers and thoughts your way today….You are such an inspiration and you deserve good news.
                                      Amanda
                                        MelanomaMike
                                        Participant
                                          Thank you Amanda! Im slowly gettin nervous! 3pm is approaching fast!…
                                    Viewing 8 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics