The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MacVac, 5th shot

Forums General Melanoma Community MacVac, 5th shot

Participant

I am back in California where I visited the HOAG yesterday for my 5th vaccine shot. Only 3 more to go!

I had worse side effects this time than any other, and was glad to have bob here with me, AND that I had a hotel room last night and was not sitting on an airplane. My pretreatment (tylenol and codeine) did nothing to stop my headache, and by evening I ached all over..even the joints in my fingers and toes hurt, and I was sick to my stomach, so skipped dinner altogether and climbed into bed with the shivers..even though it was a LOVELY evening here.

I am back in California where I visited the HOAG yesterday for my 5th vaccine shot. Only 3 more to go!

I had worse side effects this time than any other, and was glad to have bob here with me, AND that I had a hotel room last night and was not sitting on an airplane. My pretreatment (tylenol and codeine) did nothing to stop my headache, and by evening I ached all over..even the joints in my fingers and toes hurt, and I was sick to my stomach, so skipped dinner altogether and climbed into bed with the shivers..even though it was a LOVELY evening here.

But, as usual, I felt much better this morning and I'm up for a nice vacation day at the beach with my sweetheart. Getting ready right now to walk down to the pier to find some lunch spot.

I have PET/CT scheduled for Monday, so we'll see then if I am still NED. It will be my first scan since I started the vaccine. I'll get the results on friday.

That's it for my update!

dian

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Glad you are feeling better today and hope you have a WONDERFUL week-end!

molly

molly
          Participant

Glad you are feeling better today and hope you have a WONDERFUL week-end!

molly

King
            Participant

Dian,

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry you felt like you did yesterday but happy to hear that you bounced back today.  I hope you and Cigar Bob enjoyed the day.

Good thoughts and prayers for your upcoming PET/CT.

Stay Strong
              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
              Participant

Dian,

Thanks for the update.  I'm sorry you felt like you did yesterday but happy to hear that you bounced back today.  I hope you and Cigar Bob enjoyed the day.

Good thoughts and prayers for your upcoming PET/CT.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Janner
                Participant

Sorry about the side effects, but glad you're feeling better today.  You and Bob have FUN!

Cheers,

Janner

Janner
                  Participant

Sorry about the side effects, but glad you're feeling better today.  You and Bob have FUN!

Cheers,

Janner

DebbieH
                    Participant

Wow dian – only THREE more,  you're nearly done already!

I'm sorry you had such a reaction but maybe that means it's doing it's job on the mel – so glad you and Bob were together and you could just go rest.

Good luck with the PET – hoping for more of you and NED.

Smooch

Deb

dian in spokane
                        Participant

today was pretty low key for me, I never really felt 100 percent.

I talked to my trial nurse who did confirm that the effects are cummulative, and that if things get too bad for me They can try to pre treat me, or lower or remove the gmcsf from the mix. But.. heck, even if it gets worse from here, it's still a pretty easy peasy treatment compared to a lot of stuff, so I'll just stick it out

Headed home tomorrow.

thanks for all the well wishes folks

dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

today was pretty low key for me, I never really felt 100 percent.

I talked to my trial nurse who did confirm that the effects are cummulative, and that if things get too bad for me They can try to pre treat me, or lower or remove the gmcsf from the mix. But.. heck, even if it gets worse from here, it's still a pretty easy peasy treatment compared to a lot of stuff, so I'll just stick it out

Headed home tomorrow.

thanks for all the well wishes folks

dian

DebbieH
                          Participant

Wow dian – only THREE more,  you're nearly done already!

I'm sorry you had such a reaction but maybe that means it's doing it's job on the mel – so glad you and Bob were together and you could just go rest.

Good luck with the PET – hoping for more of you and NED.

Smooch

Deb

lhaley
                            Participant

Dian,

You are over the hump – the half way point!  Hope that tomorrow you will be back to feeling 100% and your scans will be clear!

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Dian,

You are over the hump – the half way point!  Hope that tomorrow you will be back to feeling 100% and your scans will be clear!

Linda

Jackie W
                                Participant

Sorry  to hear about the side effects, but thankfully it's better today.  Good luck with the scans on Mon and please let us know the results.

Hugs,

Jackie W

Jackie W
                                  Participant

Sorry  to hear about the side effects, but thankfully it's better today.  Good luck with the scans on Mon and please let us know the results.

Hugs,

Jackie W

Bonnie Lea
                                    Participant

Oh I am hoping fingers crossed even prayers for you to have a most favourable outcome.  Keep on fighting Dian….

BonnieLea

Bonnie Lea
                                      Participant

Oh I am hoping fingers crossed even prayers for you to have a most favourable outcome.  Keep on fighting Dian….

BonnieLea

Sharyn
                                        Participant

Hi Dian,

So happy to hear you're feeling better and can take in some of that California sunshine. (Not too much, though!) :>) In 2009, I had 3 FL vacations ruined because of side effects, so I know  how relieved you must feel to be able to have a bit of fun. Great that you're nearing the end of your treatment too. Let us know how your scans go on Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

Sharyn
                                          Participant

Hi Dian,

So happy to hear you're feeling better and can take in some of that California sunshine. (Not too much, though!) :>) In 2009, I had 3 FL vacations ruined because of side effects, so I know  how relieved you must feel to be able to have a bit of fun. Great that you're nearing the end of your treatment too. Let us know how your scans go on Monday. Enjoy your weekend.

Hugs

Sharyn

Stage IV

jag
                                            Participant

Dian, sorry to hear about the blues.  

Hopefully soon you will have good news.

Tell Melvac not to dee diddle.

You need to be fit as a fiddle.

jag
                                              Participant

Dian, sorry to hear about the blues.  

Hopefully soon you will have good news.

Tell Melvac not to dee diddle.

You need to be fit as a fiddle.

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics