The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lung nodule growing- input?

Forums General Melanoma Community Lung nodule growing- input?

Participant

My first CT scans & MRI were in April. I had two small lung nodules at that time & pathological nodes in my neck.  I have since had a nevk dissection and am stage 3c.  I had scans this week in preparation for joining a clinical trial- but got word today that I have something new in my left neck and that one on the nodules has grown from 3mm to 7mm, and that I have one new lung nodule. Now they have ordered a PET. 

What experiences have others had with growing lung nodules?  It seems ominous to me.  Am I about to join the stage 4 folks?  

My daughter is getting married on a week and I don't want to share this news with my family yet. 

Thank you for your input!

Peggy

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

I don't have any advice, as I myself am waiting to see if my 3mm lung spot will have grown or not when I get scanned again in September. I am hoping it doesn't grow… but who knows with this beast. Just wanted to send some positive vibes your way and say that your dog is adorable… keep those puppy cuddles going, I know they get me through tough days!

Take care,

jennunicorn
          Participant

I don't have any advice, as I myself am waiting to see if my 3mm lung spot will have grown or not when I get scanned again in September. I am hoping it doesn't grow… but who knows with this beast. Just wanted to send some positive vibes your way and say that your dog is adorable… keep those puppy cuddles going, I know they get me through tough days!

Take care,

Mamapegela
              Participant

Thanks Jenn for your response. It helps knowing others are at the same place at the same time I'm sorry that you are!  I agree- dogs are the best!!! By all rights with as much as I hug dogs I never should've gotten cancer! (Just kidding..) 

i will be thinking good thought for you too as you await results. All the best to you-

Peggy

Mamapegela
                Participant

Thanks Jenn for your response. It helps knowing others are at the same place at the same time I'm sorry that you are!  I agree- dogs are the best!!! By all rights with as much as I hug dogs I never should've gotten cancer! (Just kidding..) 

i will be thinking good thought for you too as you await results. All the best to you-

Peggy

Mamapegela
                  Participant

Peggy

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Take care,

MoiraM
                    Participant

I am not an expert, but I recall postings on this site about the range of non-melanoma (and non-cancerous) lung nodules there can be.

The PET scan will give your team more information. to decide what is going on.

At one stage I was thought to be be stage 4 as I had lumps in my armpit and my abdomen as was a 'granularity' in my lungs. Turned out I was stage 3C as only the lumps in my armpit 'lit up' in a PET scan. No one has a clue what the other lumps are but they didn't light up and aren't changing so aren't considered a problem.

If I were you, I were focus on the fact that not all lung nodules are melanoma or, if that is too much of a reach, that there is nothing you can do to speed up the diagnosis.

Try to concentrate on your daughter's wedding. Whatever's happening, missing out on that because your mind is elsewhere is a really bad idea.

Sweet dog!

MoiraM
                      Participant

I am not an expert, but I recall postings on this site about the range of non-melanoma (and non-cancerous) lung nodules there can be.

At one stage I was thought to be be stage 4 as I had lumps in my armpit and my abdomen as was a 'granularity' in my lungs. Turned out I was stage 3C as only the lumps in my armpit 'lit up' in a PET scan. No one has a clue what the other lumps are but they didn't light up and aren't changing so aren't considered a problem.

If I were you, I were focus on the fact that not all lung nodules are melanoma or, if that is too much of a reach, that there is nothing you can do to speed up the diagnosis.

Try to concentrate on your daughter's wedding. Whatever's happening, missing out on that because your mind is elsewhere is a really bad idea.

Sweet dog!

MoiraM
                        Participant

Sweet dog!

rosa1
                          Participant

Hard to tell, but that's how I got started into stage IV. The lung nodules were small so the PET scan did not show heperactivity, but they chose to do a biopsy because of my history with melanoma.

Try not to worry too much now and enjoy your daughter's wedding. Love your dog!

Rosa  

rosa1
                            Participant

Hard to tell, but that's how I got started into stage IV. The lung nodules were small so the PET scan did not show heperactivity, but they chose to do a biopsy because of my history with melanoma.

Rosa  

rosa1
                              Participant

Rosa  

RaquelP
                                Participant

Lung nodues can show up for a multitude of reasons, many of them non cancerous. My loved one has had two suspicious nodules removed and neither were malignant, despite him being stage 4. I know it is hard not to worry, but enjoy the wedding. Try your best to put it out of your mind and dance, dance, dance! 

RaquelP
                                  Participant

Lung nodues can show up for a multitude of reasons, many of them non cancerous. My loved one has had two suspicious nodules removed and neither were malignant, despite him being stage 4. I know it is hard not to worry, but enjoy the wedding. Try your best to put it out of your mind and dance, dance, dance! 

RaquelP
                                    Participant

Mamapegela
                                      Participant

Thank you everyone.  It is so easy to get ahead of yourself with this disease.  I will go to the wedding and have a wonderful time- letting the future take care of itself.  Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes!

I will post an update when I have the full picture, after PET and meeting with my oncologist again.

Peggy

Mamapegela
                                        Participant

Thank you everyone.  It is so easy to get ahead of yourself with this disease.  I will go to the wedding and have a wonderful time- letting the future take care of itself.  Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes!

I will post an update when I have the full picture, after PET and meeting with my oncologist again.

Peggy

Mamapegela
                                          Participant

Peggy

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics