The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lower Back pain on Opdivo or Yervoy

Forums General Melanoma Community Lower Back pain on Opdivo or Yervoy

Participant

Has anyone experienced lower back pain while taking Opdivo or Yervoy?

Tom

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jubes
        Participant

Hi tom. I had nearly a year of keytruda and seven months in I have really bad spondylitis.  I am working with a rheumatologist to get the right treatment. But it is taking forever I am on 25 mg steroids each day. Now I am adding 200 mg ketoprofen ( anti inflammatory) and the next step is plaquenil. After that there is still infliximab but my doctor thinks that will make the cancer flare up again so it's a last resort. I am doing a separate thread to ask Celeste about the infliximab

anne-Louise 

Jubes
          Participant

Hi tom. I had nearly a year of keytruda and seven months in I have really bad spondylitis.  I am working with a rheumatologist to get the right treatment. But it is taking forever I am on 25 mg steroids each day. Now I am adding 200 mg ketoprofen ( anti inflammatory) and the next step is plaquenil. After that there is still infliximab but my doctor thinks that will make the cancer flare up again so it's a last resort. I am doing a separate thread to ask Celeste about the infliximab

anne-Louise 

Jubes
            Participant

anne-Louise 

Scooby123
              Participant

Hi Tom,

i have finished 4 rounds of yervoy and had back pain . My consultant was not all that worried just took pain killers. How many rounds of treatment you had. Speak with your consultant about the pain he or she should give you advice on what to take.

take care.     Scooby

geriakt
                  Participant

Hello Scooby,

I  am on a clinical trial and I do not know what drug I am getting. I have either had  3 infusions of Opdivo or 2 infusions of Yervoy.  I first assumed the pain was from getting no exercise for many months from surgery time then getting back into some tennis and golf. This past week the pain hit me hard to the point I had a hard time to walk. I have been taking Percocets and they helps so much, but now I am not sure I should play tennis any more. 

I am sure it can be from so many things including the treatment.  I am also having issue with close vision, but I think that really is turning 50 years old. 

Tom

geriakt
                    Participant

Hello Scooby,

I  am on a clinical trial and I do not know what drug I am getting. I have either had  3 infusions of Opdivo or 2 infusions of Yervoy.  I first assumed the pain was from getting no exercise for many months from surgery time then getting back into some tennis and golf. This past week the pain hit me hard to the point I had a hard time to walk. I have been taking Percocets and they helps so much, but now I am not sure I should play tennis any more. 

I am sure it can be from so many things including the treatment.  I am also having issue with close vision, but I think that really is turning 50 years old. 

Tom

geriakt
                      Participant

Hello Scooby,

Tom

Scooby123
                      Participant

Hi Tom,

i have finished 4 rounds of yervoy and had back pain . My consultant was not all that worried just took pain killers. How many rounds of treatment you had. Speak with your consultant about the pain he or she should give you advice on what to take.

take care.     Scooby

Scooby123
                        Participant

Hi Tom,

take care.     Scooby

arthurjedi007
                          Participant

Yes. But for me it's the tumors in my lumbar spine and pelvis.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                            Participant

Artie

arthurjedi007
                              Participant

Artie

JuTMSY4
                                Participant

3 months of Yervoy and 6 months of Keytruda here.  Yes, lower back pain is an experience for me as well, but not has bad as many have.  Previously had it from mets which was very bad – yervoy/keytruda/xgeva seems to make them go away (feeliung blessed on that front).  Then I began experiencing a more roving back pain (in various places).  

Just taking OTC painkillers when needed.  

JuTMSY4
                                  Participant

3 months of Yervoy and 6 months of Keytruda here.  Yes, lower back pain is an experience for me as well, but not has bad as many have.  Previously had it from mets which was very bad – yervoy/keytruda/xgeva seems to make them go away (feeliung blessed on that front).  Then I began experiencing a more roving back pain (in various places).  

JuTMSY4
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics