The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Leftover Melanoma Drugs

Forums General Melanoma Community Leftover Melanoma Drugs

Participant

I've seen a couple of posts recently about left-over melanoma drugs, as well as cautionary replies about scams, confidentiality, etc. I think this is a very valid topic, and would like to know if there are any "legitimate" ways to donate any of these expensive drugs to the melanoma patients who may be without insurance or are being denied the medicine for whatever reason.

Seems to me there should or could be some sort of clearing house to help others?

Janet Lee

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant

I do not have anything to add to your question, but I saw a picture of your new grandbaby, congratulations.

Richard_K
          Participant

I do not have anything to add to your question, but I saw a picture of your new grandbaby, congratulations.

Richard_K
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant

I had a full, unopened bottle of Zelboraf and returned it to the Vanderbilt Pharmacy. They were happy to have it and said they are trying to start a program to help those who need it.  How are you guys doing?

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant

I had a full, unopened bottle of Zelboraf and returned it to the Vanderbilt Pharmacy. They were happy to have it and said they are trying to start a program to help those who need it.  How are you guys doing?

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

Janet Lee
                    Participant

Thanks Dick and Amy.

Yes, our granddaughter arrived December 12th, and she is just gorgeous and as precious as can be. Don and I just babysat so the new parents could have their first night out. I hated to give her back!

Don is doing well. We go to Mass General tomorrow (Dec 30) for scans and MRI, but won't get the results until January 8. Life is almost seeming "normal!" We take each day and appreciate it!

Janet

Janet Lee
                      Participant

Thanks Dick and Amy.

Yes, our granddaughter arrived December 12th, and she is just gorgeous and as precious as can be. Don and I just babysat so the new parents could have their first night out. I hated to give her back!

Don is doing well. We go to Mass General tomorrow (Dec 30) for scans and MRI, but won't get the results until January 8. Life is almost seeming "normal!" We take each day and appreciate it!

Janet

Janet Lee
                        Participant

Thanks Dick and Amy.

Janet

Golda_
                          Participant

I was lucky, I received Zelboraf's almost full packing for the mother, as a gift for Christmas! This gift was from Egypt to Ukraine thanks to a forum!

Thanks Abdullah!

Golda_
                              Participant

Once, I got on the swindler. She deceived many for large sums. She sent me vitamin C. Criminal case is opened. Justice will triumph!

Golda_
                                Participant

Once, I got on the swindler. She deceived many for large sums. She sent me vitamin C. Criminal case is opened. Justice will triumph!

Golda_
                                  Participant

Golda_
                                  Participant

I was lucky, I received Zelboraf's almost full packing for the mother, as a gift for Christmas! This gift was from Egypt to Ukraine thanks to a forum!

Thanks Abdullah!

Golda_
                                    Participant

Thanks Abdullah!

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics