The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

LDH coming down

Forums General Melanoma Community LDH coming down

Participant
      Just wanted to share that my hubby’s ldh came down from 1930 to 1100 in just one week of being on dabrafenib and tramentinib. Looks like he might be a responder.

Janis

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

What fantastic news!!!!! I am so happy to see this. May he continue responding this well.

Linny
          Participant

What fantastic news!!!!! I am so happy to see this. May he continue responding this well.

Linny
            Participant

Bubbles
              Participant

Wonderful!!!  c

Jewel
                  Participant
                    In your research how much importance would you put on the LDH level? My husband just had his blood work done and his # was 141 they had normal between 140-270. He started Yervoy in Nov 2014 and did the 4 doses 3mg. So far we’ve been blessed with clear scans next one in late Feb. Just curious your opinion. Thanks C…

Jewel

Polymath
                    Participant

Hi Jewel,

While I can't speak for everyone, and there are reasons other than tumor burden that can spike LDH I can say that I have been running an LDH of around 500 for the past year (my scale says 250 is the high end of range).  I just had major surgery to remove the tumors that refused to respond to immunotherapy and my LDH dropped to 137 immediately.  So in this case it's clear, my high LDH was directly related to tumor burden.  Sounds like your husband is a responder.

Gary

Polymath
                      Participant

Hi Jewel,

While I can't speak for everyone, and there are reasons other than tumor burden that can spike LDH I can say that I have been running an LDH of around 500 for the past year (my scale says 250 is the high end of range).  I just had major surgery to remove the tumors that refused to respond to immunotherapy and my LDH dropped to 137 immediately.  So in this case it's clear, my high LDH was directly related to tumor burden.  Sounds like your husband is a responder.

Gary

Polymath
                        Participant

Hi Jewel,

Gary

Jewel
                          Participant
                            Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Of course we are both hoping that this will do the trick. Seeing so many people struggling lately makes our success even more fragile/special. I hope you are recuperating well from your surgeries and you are full steam ahead on another plan. My prayers are with all of us.

Jewel

Jewel
                            Participant
                              Hi Gary,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. Of course we are both hoping that this will do the trick. Seeing so many people struggling lately makes our success even more fragile/special. I hope you are recuperating well from your surgeries and you are full steam ahead on another plan. My prayers are with all of us.

Jewel

Jewel
                              Participant
                                Hi Gary,

Jewel

Jewel
                                Participant
                                  In your research how much importance would you put on the LDH level? My husband just had his blood work done and his # was 141 they had normal between 140-270. He started Yervoy in Nov 2014 and did the 4 doses 3mg. So far we’ve been blessed with clear scans next one in late Feb. Just curious your opinion. Thanks C…

Jewel

Jewel
                                  Participant

Jewel

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Wonderful!!!  c

Bubbles
                                    Participant

Wonderful!!!  c

tschmith
                                      Participant

Yes!!!!!!!!!  That's what we want to hear.

Praying that those numbers drop drop drop!

Terrie

tschmith
                                        Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                                          Participant

Terrie

snow white
                                            Participant

That is so AWESOME!!!!!  Good news is the best!

Jen

snow white
                                              Participant

Jen

snow white
                                                Participant

Jen

debwray
                                                  Participant

Congratulations to you both.  Long may it continue …..

Deb

debwray
                                                    Participant

Deb

debwray
                                                      Participant

Deb

Patrisa
                                                        Participant

Fantastic Janis, so happy for you!!!

Patrisa
                                                          Participant

Patrisa
                                                            Participant

maperny
                                                              Participant

Woohoo!  Loved reading this.  Great news!

maperny
                                                                Participant

maperny
                                                                  Participant

Mark_DC
                                                                    Participant

Good news!!!

Mark_DC
                                                                      Participant

Good news!!!

Mark_DC
                                                                        Participant

Good news!!!

Jewel
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Fantastic news!!!
                                                                            Jewel
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Fantastic news!!!
                                                                              Jewel
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Fantastic news!!!
                                                                                dmturner
                                                                                Participant

Just searched LDH on this site.  I am rather confused why my onc didn't not mentioned my elevated levels 261 which over the the 251 high end at my last infusion on 1/26/17.  I am a bit scared.  I do have lesions popping up close to the primary on my right heel/ankle.  I did Yervoy 3-10 mg and had a reoccurence.  Then did a PET scan and lit up in mutliple lymph node areas.  Started Opdivo/Yervoy on 1/5/17

dmturner
                                                                                  Participant

Just searched LDH on this site.  I am rather confused why my onc didn't not mentioned my elevated levels 261 which over the the 251 high end at my last infusion on 1/26/17.  I am a bit scared.  I do have lesions popping up close to the primary on my right heel/ankle.  I did Yervoy 3-10 mg and had a reoccurence.  Then did a PET scan and lit up in mutliple lymph node areas.  Started Opdivo/Yervoy on 1/5/17

BrianP
                                                                                      Participant

dmturner,

Just being slightly over on the LDH probably isn't significant.  As was mentioned in a previous post LDH fluctates for many reasons and being 10 points over is really not that much.  Did you check your previous readings?  Maybe you run a little high normally on the scale.  I've heard of LDHs in the 1000's so being 10 over probably is why the doctor didn't think it was noteworthy.  Good that you are aware of it but try not to stress too much until you know for sure there is something worth stressing about.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                        Participant

dmturner,

Just being slightly over on the LDH probably isn't significant.  As was mentioned in a previous post LDH fluctates for many reasons and being 10 points over is really not that much.  Did you check your previous readings?  Maybe you run a little high normally on the scale.  I've heard of LDHs in the 1000's so being 10 over probably is why the doctor didn't think it was noteworthy.  Good that you are aware of it but try not to stress too much until you know for sure there is something worth stressing about.

Brian

BrianP
                                                                                          Participant

dmturner,

Brian

dmturner
                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics