The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Latest CAT SCAN RESULTS

Forums General Melanoma Community Latest CAT SCAN RESULTS

Participant

Had Cat Scans  Sat. 11/16. Saw doc @ NYU Clinical Cancer Center this afternoon11/19. Results were as good as it gets.Dr. Anna Pavlick says all the liver.kidney, blood levels were great and the scans were clean.This is after taken off "Z" and switching to Tafinlar (dabrafenib) on 8/25 My run with Zelboraf was just 2 weeks shy of 2 years..This news came just in time to ease my anxiety.As tomorrow I leave for San Diego to board a cruise ship on Thursday for a 15 day cruise to Hawaai with a stop in Mexico.Always wanted to visit Pearl Harbor and the Hawaaain Islands.This is right after spending last week in National Harbor ,Oxon Hill,Md. with grandkids & son & daughter-in-law. National Harbor is just outside the D.C. city limits so spent the week sight seeing.I just wanted to post some good news after reading so much bad news recently on the bulletin board.Like all of us here just hoping to be here when medicine finally finds the way to live with melanoma as a chronic condition.Praying that day comes soon .You are always in my prayers.Beat the Beast.      Al

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant

Al,

Such GREAT NEWS!!  Very happy for you, be sure to enjoy your cruise.  My only cruise to Hawaii was in 1968 courtesy of the US Navy.

Richard_K
          Participant

Al,

Such GREAT NEWS!!  Very happy for you, be sure to enjoy your cruise.  My only cruise to Hawaii was in 1968 courtesy of the US Navy.

Richard_K
            Participant

Al,

JoshF
              Participant

Outstanding Al!!! Really happy for you…keep beating the beast!!!

JoshF
                Participant

JoshF
                  Participant

Brendan
                    Participant

Great news, Al.  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy your cruise.

Brendan

Brendan
                      Participant

Brendan

NYKaren
                          Participant

Al, we were in the same office at the same time!   Have a wonderful cruise. 

NYKaren
                            Participant

UrsulaZ
                              Participant

Brilliant. I'm so happy to hear news like that! Have a wonderful cruise. Go easy on your liver ๐Ÿ™‚

UrsulaZ
                                Participant

Brilliant. I'm so happy to hear news like that! Have a wonderful cruise. Go easy on your liver ๐Ÿ™‚

UrsulaZ
                                  Participant

NYKaren
                                    Participant

Brendan
                                    Participant

Brendan

GAngel
                                      Participant

So happy to hear the great news Al! Have a wonderful time on your trip.

God bless you!

Gina

GAngel
                                        Participant

God bless you!

Gina

GAngel
                                          Participant

God bless you!

Gina

kpcollins31
                                            Participant

Congratulations, Al. Sounds like the upcoming cruise is a great way to celebrate – have a great time.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                              Participant

Congratulations, Al. Sounds like the upcoming cruise is a great way to celebrate – have a great time.

Kevin

Maureen038
                                                  Participant

Wonderful news for you!! My husband and I were in Hawaii last year and it was beautiful!! Enjoy every moment!

maureen

Maureen038
                                                    Participant

Wonderful news for you!! My husband and I were in Hawaii last year and it was beautiful!! Enjoy every moment!

maureen

Maureen038
                                                      Participant

maureen

kpcollins31
                                                      Participant

Kevin

awillett1991
                                                        Participant

Congratulations Al!  Enjoy your cruise!! I have joined the dabrafenib club too. Much easier on me than Zel. 

Amy

awillett1991
                                                          Participant

Congratulations Al!  Enjoy your cruise!! I have joined the dabrafenib club too. Much easier on me than Zel. 

Amy

Gene_S
                                                              Participant

Great news Al!!!  Enjoy your cruise as you deserve a brake.

Judy (loving wife of Gene (Stage IV and now NED)

Gene_S
                                                                Participant

Gene_S
                                                                  Participant

awillett1991
                                                                  Participant

Amy

Tina D
                                                                    Participant

YAYAYAYAY!!! Such great news! SO glad you got these right before your big trip. Have a wonderful time ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                                      Participant

YAYAYAYAY!!! Such great news! SO glad you got these right before your big trip. Have a wonderful time ๐Ÿ™‚

Tina

Tina D
                                                                        Participant

Tina

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics