The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda Cough Anyone?

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda Cough Anyone?

Participant

Been on Keytruda  January of this year. Caught a virus two weeks after 1st. infusion. I have had a productive cough with bad taste ever since. Just wondering if anyone has had this as a side effect? Cough is listed as one…

Best,

Paul

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lee Parlier
        Participant

I did have a cough with yervoy. It was nonproductive though. I would tell your Doc. I still have it but not very often but like I said, mine was a dry cough. 

Casitas1
            Participant

I was thinking treatment was prolonging it. My dr. checks lungs before every infusion and always clear. Having first scan since treatment began next week.

Lee Parlier
              Participant

My treatment has for 8 weeks

msue5
                Participant
                  I am on Nivo but long before I started approx a year and a half I had a mild upper respiratory infection and following that I developed a productive cough. I went to PCP and he suggested it might be due to reflux. I researched it and found that my symptoms resembled that of something called Laryngopharyngeal Reflux or LPR. It is different than acid reflux with none of the usual reflux problems. No indigestion or acid reflux. It usually follows a respiratory infection. I never cough at night just during the day when I am upright. There is always a glob of mucus at the back of my throat that comes from a post nasal drip not associated with allergies or sinus problems. I also have a terrible taste in my mouth all the time and find myself brushing my teeth way too often.My diagnosis was made by my GI Dr but usually ENTS are the one to see. Unfortunately I am still coughing and there is not a good treatment except surgery which I am considering. Nexium and other PPI’s don’t help. I was already on Nexium for various problems associated with Radiation to neck and esophagus when I developed this. Like you my lungs are always clear. Google LPR and see if it fits. Just a suggestion and may be wrong but worth looking into.
                  msue5
                  Participant
                    I am on Nivo but long before I started approx a year and a half I had a mild upper respiratory infection and following that I developed a productive cough. I went to PCP and he suggested it might be due to reflux. I researched it and found that my symptoms resembled that of something called Laryngopharyngeal Reflux or LPR. It is different than acid reflux with none of the usual reflux problems. No indigestion or acid reflux. It usually follows a respiratory infection. I never cough at night just during the day when I am upright. There is always a glob of mucus at the back of my throat that comes from a post nasal drip not associated with allergies or sinus problems. I also have a terrible taste in my mouth all the time and find myself brushing my teeth way too often.My diagnosis was made by my GI Dr but usually ENTS are the one to see. Unfortunately I am still coughing and there is not a good treatment except surgery which I am considering. Nexium and other PPI’s don’t help. I was already on Nexium for various problems associated with Radiation to neck and esophagus when I developed this. Like you my lungs are always clear. Google LPR and see if it fits. Just a suggestion and may be wrong but worth looking into.
                    msue5
                    Participant
                      Lee Parlier
                      Participant

Lee Parlier
                        Participant

Casitas1
                          Participant

I was thinking treatment was prolonging it. My dr. checks lungs before every infusion and always clear. Having first scan since treatment began next week.

Casitas1
                            Participant

Lee Parlier
                            Participant

I did have a cough with yervoy. It was nonproductive though. I would tell your Doc. I still have it but not very often but like I said, mine was a dry cough. 

Lee Parlier
                              Participant

jvictoria
                                Participant

I was on Nivo… had a vicious choking cough in the mornings that went away as the day progressed. Went on steroids… cough disappeared

jvictoria
                                  Participant

I was on Nivo… had a vicious choking cough in the mornings that went away as the day progressed. Went on steroids… cough disappeared

jvictoria
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics