The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Kevin here updating. :)

Forums General Melanoma Community Kevin here updating. :)

Participant

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been checking up, just haven't quite had the energy to post. These medications and WBR can really take a toll and figured it's be best if I just hunkered down, get my mind right, and rest the best I could until I feel somewhat normal and comfortable. Actually these were Brenda's orders, and she was right. πŸ™‚

So to update: and hopefully not repeating myself too much..

Sorry I've been MIA, I've been checking up, just haven't quite had the energy to post. These medications and WBR can really take a toll and figured it's be best if I just hunkered down, get my mind right, and rest the best I could until I feel somewhat normal and comfortable. Actually these were Brenda's orders, and she was right. πŸ™‚

So to update: and hopefully not repeating myself too much..

I started WBR on the 8th, and continued once a day every weekday, until the 28th. Done with that for now. Was a breeze. Fatigue is the only issue that might be from the WBR. No hearing, sight, or headache issues I'm aware of. I'm still taking a steroid for swelling. 8mg n the morning and 6mg at night. Luckily they've got me tapering of already. The steroid is the worst with all it's undesirable side effects. But sure is helping my appetite. Back up to normal weight. Not sure how swollen my face will get this time, I’m looking like a “John Lovitz Bobble Head”. Uncomfortable yes, but a I’d take a swelling face over a swelling brain any day. My energy is a little unpredictable with some of these pills and ruckus going on inside. Some parts of the day are good, great and bearable, some not so much. But I’m hanging in there, just a little tired from time to time. I'm also taking 120mg of Temodar at night 3 hours after eating, no problems with it at all.

Future plan is still the same: Rest and feel better everyday, listen to my body and do what it says. Get some scans. Hope for stability/clarity or a manageable situation in my brain. Increase Temodar? Then get off the steroid completely ASAP and try IL-2 again? Maybe a Temodar/Zelboraf combo?

We’ll see. For now I’m just trying to feel better today than yesterday and see what happens. Go from there. Somehow I’m still here, and doing my best to savor this gift. πŸ™‚

I'll try and be more active on here again real soon. Thanks for being by my side.

Love and good thoughts to all of you. -Kevin

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        goldengirls2011
        Participant

It's great to hear from you, Kevin! Keep fighting, and get lots of rest.

Cathy (one of your many cheerleaders)

goldengirls2011
          Participant

Laurie from maine
              Participant

Hi Kevin,

So glad you are taking brendas advice and just taking care of yourself and resting!!  I am so glad the brain radiation went well for you.  So for now just rest, eat and keep up your great positive attitude!.

So good to hear from you, appreciate you posting.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                Participant

Hi Kevin,

So glad you are taking brendas advice and just taking care of yourself and resting!!  I am so glad the brain radiation went well for you.  So for now just rest, eat and keep up your great positive attitude!.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                  Participant

Hi Kevin,

laurie from maine

goldengirls2011
                  Participant

aldakota22
                    Participant

Good to see your post.Always on your side.Praying that you have a future of great days ahead of you.Read you gained your weight back and still fighting.In my prayers everyday.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                      Participant

Good to see your post.Always on your side.Praying that you have a future of great days ahead of you.Read you gained your weight back and still fighting.In my prayers everyday.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

MaryD
                          Participant

Hi Kevin,

Great to see you post but glad you have been following Brenda's orders πŸ™‚    You're doing all the right things to take care of yourself and very happy that you completed the WBR without too many issues.   Keep listening to your body as you're doing and I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for the next steps.

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing . .

Best always . .

Mary

MaryD
                            Participant

Hi Kevin,

Great to see you post but glad you have been following Brenda's orders πŸ™‚    You're doing all the right things to take care of yourself and very happy that you completed the WBR without too many issues.   Keep listening to your body as you're doing and I'll be sending good thoughts and prayers for the next steps.

Best always . .

Mary

MaryD
                              Participant

Hi Kevin,

Best always . .

Mary

triciad
                                Participant

Kevin,

You're always in my prayers.  Keep your amazing attitude and good things will come!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Kevin,

You're always in my prayers.  Keep your amazing attitude and good things will come!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Kevin,

Tricia

lhaley
                                      Participant

Glad you have posted.  The steroids are nasty but you will be getting off of them. I was on 16 mgs recently and tomorrow I go to 2mgs.   Note to Brenda:  massage Kevins upper back!  Last time I got the hump and it really hurt.  This time my hubby started massaging the area every night and it has kept it away!   Besides, it really feels good!

There are so many of us sending you vibes!

Love ya,  Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Glad you have posted.  The steroids are nasty but you will be getting off of them. I was on 16 mgs recently and tomorrow I go to 2mgs.   Note to Brenda:  massage Kevins upper back!  Last time I got the hump and it really hurt.  This time my hubby started massaging the area every night and it has kept it away!   Besides, it really feels good!

Love ya,  Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Love ya,  Linda

awillett1991
                                            Participant
                                              Prayers, good vibes and good karma coming your way Kevi. Thanks so much for the update.

Keep fighting!!

awillett1991
                                              Participant
                                                Prayers, good vibes and good karma coming your way Kevi. Thanks so much for the update.

Keep fighting!!

awillett1991
                                                Participant

Keep fighting!!

jag
                                                  Participant

Kevin,

Once again you sound great despite the circumstances, rest up, hunker down, and I'll say a prayer that things start going your way.

John

jag
                                                    Participant

Kevin,

Once again you sound great despite the circumstances, rest up, hunker down, and I'll say a prayer that things start going your way.

John

jag
                                                      Participant

Kevin,

John

willtolive
                                                          Participant
                                                            Your positivity can win this battle for you πŸ™‚ stay positive and fight dear Kevin
                                                            willtolive
                                                            Participant
                                                              Your positivity can win this battle for you πŸ™‚ stay positive and fight dear Kevin
                                                              willtolive
                                                              Participant
                                                              mabrown2012
                                                              Participant

Dear Kevin:

I had a spouse that passed from Melanoma. I understand a lot about it and I really feel for you. After 4 and a half years of studying everything regarding cancer, I learned so very much. Now I know how to help people like you and are helping many. I just wish I could have learned what I learned now before he passed. I just figure that God wanted him even more than I did. I was unable to save my daughter also. She had a very rare mixoid Sarcoma and she was 33 and left 4 children behind. I miss her badly. I was taking care of them at the same time and they passed two months apart. You can live. I know you can. You are a strong guy. Anyway if you are interested at all about what I have learned, which I know will help  you an awful lot just email me at [email protected]. I am not a young person as you, but I know things you would like to know. If you do not contact me, all I can say is that I will keep you in my prayers and be thinking of you. Blessings!

mabrown2012
                                                                Participant

Dear Kevin:

I had a spouse that passed from Melanoma. I understand a lot about it and I really feel for you. After 4 and a half years of studying everything regarding cancer, I learned so very much. Now I know how to help people like you and are helping many. I just wish I could have learned what I learned now before he passed. I just figure that God wanted him even more than I did. I was unable to save my daughter also. She had a very rare mixoid Sarcoma and she was 33 and left 4 children behind. I miss her badly. I was taking care of them at the same time and they passed two months apart. You can live. I know you can. You are a strong guy. Anyway if you are interested at all about what I have learned, which I know will help  you an awful lot just email me at [email protected]. I am not a young person as you, but I know things you would like to know. If you do not contact me, all I can say is that I will keep you in my prayers and be thinking of you. Blessings!

mabrown2012
                                                                  Participant

Dear Kevin:

himynameiskevin
                                                                    Participant

I just wanted to say thank you for the replies and positive feedback, they always make me feel so warm inside. Like content and blessed. Eases the sometimes worried mind and feels healing. Thankful to have all your support, I'm sure you can all relate. Glad we have each other. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                                                      Participant

I just wanted to say thank you for the replies and positive feedback, they always make me feel so warm inside. Like content and blessed. Eases the sometimes worried mind and feels healing. Thankful to have all your support, I'm sure you can all relate. Glad we have each other. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                                                                        Participant

Retired41505
                                                                            Participant

Glad to hear the WBR wasn't too awful. My son-in-law really had a tough time. Worst part was the brain cancer progressed during the 18 sessions. Go figure! But the Zelboraf is working it's magic and tumors are shrinking. Hang in there Kevin. Yes, it will be good to get off the steroids.

Prayers with you man!

Retired41505
                                                                              Participant

Glad to hear the WBR wasn't too awful. My son-in-law really had a tough time. Worst part was the brain cancer progressed during the 18 sessions. Go figure! But the Zelboraf is working it's magic and tumors are shrinking. Hang in there Kevin. Yes, it will be good to get off the steroids.

Prayers with you man!

Retired41505
                                                                                Participant

Prayers with you man!

Brooksy
                                                                                Participant

Hi there, i was just reading your post, glad to see you are getting on top of all of this

what a dreaded disease i too have been through the washing machine and pulled out

and ready togo through again i think, tough times head but hey im always a fighter

never give up you can do it i say.

all the best to you Kevin stay strong and keep resting.

cheers

della

Brooksy
                                                                                  Participant

Hi there, i was just reading your post, glad to see you are getting on top of all of this

what a dreaded disease i too have been through the washing machine and pulled out

and ready togo through again i think, tough times head but hey im always a fighter

cheers

della

Brooksy
                                                                                    Participant

cheers

della

Ali
                                                                                      Participant

Keep up the good fight, Kevin!  Thanks for the inspiration! 

Ali

Ali
                                                                                        Participant

Ali

Ali
                                                                                          Participant

Ali

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics