The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

KatyWI

Participant

Won't be around for a couple of days so just wanted to wish you all the best with your surgery. Will be thinking of you and sure you'll find it a piece of cake! Take care, don't over do it when you get home, and get lots of sleep to help the healing along.

Go get 'em, girl!!

Nic

xxx

Won't be around for a couple of days so just wanted to wish you all the best with your surgery. Will be thinking of you and sure you'll find it a piece of cake! Take care, don't over do it when you get home, and get lots of sleep to help the healing along.

Go get 'em, girl!!

Nic

xxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        NicOz
        Participant

(And profuse apologies if I'm late and have missed it- have had a bit going on lately *rolls eyes*)

NicOz
          Participant

(And profuse apologies if I'm late and have missed it- have had a bit going on lately *rolls eyes*)

KatyWI
            Participant

awww, thanks for thinking of me!!!!  it was today add i'm doing great fir a chick who just had peopler dugging arounmd in her brain!  really appreciate the first person advice – it calmed me.

katywi

MaryBZ
                Participant

Hi Katy.

Mary here.  My charter e-mail account has been down since last Thursday and if I could speak with an "agent" who speaks English I can decipher I might have this problem fixed by now!!  Anyway, hope all is well with you and if you want to contact my alternative e-mal it is [email protected] Thinking of you oftensmiley

MaryBZ

MaryBZ
                  Participant

Hi Katy.

Mary here.  My charter e-mail account has been down since last Thursday and if I could speak with an "agent" who speaks English I can decipher I might have this problem fixed by now!!  Anyway, hope all is well with you and if you want to contact my alternative e-mal it is [email protected] Thinking of you oftensmiley

MaryBZ

cindyeh
                    Participant

Katy —

Who is your oncologist and where are they located??  My husband has melanoma and we live in central Wisconsin.  We have an appt.this Friday with Dr. Albertini from Madison and also have seen Dr. Treisman at St. Lukes in Milwaukee.  My husband plans on starting an IPI trial out of Eau Claire and will be seen by Dr. Burns on Monday Feb 7 with his Ipi infusion starting on Tuesday.   He has multiple intransit lesions in his upper thigh/groin area.

Thanks Cindy

KatyWI
                      Participant

Hi Cindy!

I have seen Dr. Treisman; I did rounds of IL-2 with him.  I have not seen Dr. Albertini himself, but I have seen his associate, Dr. Attia.  They are the best you can get!

I am doing ipi also, but out of Loyola in Chicago.  i had my fourth infusion last week.  I hope it proves helpful to your husband!  I have scans shortly, so we'll see how it worked out for me.

KatyWI

KatyWI
                        Participant

Hi Cindy!

I have seen Dr. Treisman; I did rounds of IL-2 with him.  I have not seen Dr. Albertini himself, but I have seen his associate, Dr. Attia.  They are the best you can get!

I am doing ipi also, but out of Loyola in Chicago.  i had my fourth infusion last week.  I hope it proves helpful to your husband!  I have scans shortly, so we'll see how it worked out for me.

KatyWI

MaryBZ
                          Participant

Hi Cindy,

I hope you and your husband like Dr. Albertini as much as I do.  He is very compassionate and I never feel rushed when  I see him.  I see him this Friday as well.  I have a 9:30 PET scan and then I see him at around 1:00.  Praying for continued NED status but am also prepared for the worst.

Mary from Little Chute (near Appleton smiley)

MaryBZ
                            Participant

Hi Cindy,

I hope you and your husband like Dr. Albertini as much as I do.  He is very compassionate and I never feel rushed when  I see him.  I see him this Friday as well.  I have a 9:30 PET scan and then I see him at around 1:00.  Praying for continued NED status but am also prepared for the worst.

Mary from Little Chute (near Appleton smiley)

cindyeh
                              Participant

Katy —

Who is your oncologist and where are they located??  My husband has melanoma and we live in central Wisconsin.  We have an appt.this Friday with Dr. Albertini from Madison and also have seen Dr. Treisman at St. Lukes in Milwaukee.  My husband plans on starting an IPI trial out of Eau Claire and will be seen by Dr. Burns on Monday Feb 7 with his Ipi infusion starting on Tuesday.   He has multiple intransit lesions in his upper thigh/groin area.

Thanks Cindy

NicOz
                                Participant
                                  So happy to hear it! ๐Ÿ™‚ will be doing the same in about 10 or so hours- getting a “two-fer” scrape one, get one free deal. Maybe they will throw in a set of steak knives?!?! ๐Ÿ˜€
                                  Anyway am very pleased to hear it went well xxx
                                  NicOz
                                  Participant
                                    So happy to hear it! ๐Ÿ™‚ will be doing the same in about 10 or so hours- getting a “two-fer” scrape one, get one free deal. Maybe they will throw in a set of steak knives?!?! ๐Ÿ˜€
                                    Anyway am very pleased to hear it went well xxx
                                  KatyWI
                                  Participant

awww, thanks for thinking of me!!!!  it was today add i'm doing great fir a chick who just had peopler dugging arounmd in her brain!  really appreciate the first person advice – it calmed me.

katywi

Viewing 3 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics