The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just celebrated 11 years of NED at stage IIIB

Forums General Melanoma Community Just celebrated 11 years of NED at stage IIIB

Participant

Hi all,

I got such a lot of support from this board some years back and feel bad that I am not here more often to "pay it forward"…..each year it's my mantra to try and give more back.

Hi all,

I got such a lot of support from this board some years back and feel bad that I am not here more often to "pay it forward"…..each year it's my mantra to try and give more back.

Just stopping by to say though, that I just marked 11 years NED since my lymph node dissection and clinical trial.  I've been the uber-compliant patient from complementary treatment perspectives – meditate, juice, exercise etc etc (thank goodness even complementary treatment protocols include wine and chocolate !!) as well as all my mainstream medical stuff (excisions, clinical trials, scans etc) and so far so good.  Maybe an indolent mel but I'll never forget how it felt to walk down the corridor labelled "oncology" for my first meeting with my (wonderful) doc.

And thanks to the MRF and this board in it's various incarnations over the years.  It's been a lifesaver every bit as much as my medical team was…..(so far).

Taking nothing for granted but very pleased to have beaten the 10 year mark….

thinking of you all

AlisonC

Stage IIIB

NED since 2001

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        JoshF
        Participant
          Awesome!!!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. It’s nice to hear and offers hope!!!

Josh

JoshF
          Participant
            Awesome!!!!! Congratulations and thank you for sharing. It’s nice to hear and offers hope!!!

Josh

JoshF
            Participant

Josh

Linny
              Participant

That's fantastic news, Alison! Here's to 11 more! yes

It's uplifting to read stories such as yours.

Linny
                Participant

Linny
                  Participant

CherylL
                    Participant

Oh Allison, HOW WONDERFUL! We are hoping my man's December PET scan shows nary a hot spot and that we join you in NED-land soon!

Keep up the great work….and CELEBRATE!

CherylL
                      Wife of Scott, Stage 4 and SQUASHING it!

CherylL
                      Participant

Oh Allison, HOW WONDERFUL! We are hoping my man's December PET scan shows nary a hot spot and that we join you in NED-land soon!

CherylL

CherylL
                        Participant

CherylL

mel123
                          Participant

From a Stage IIIb sister, I have to say congratulations and I sure hope in 11 years I can say the same thing! I love to hear stories like this ๐Ÿ™‚ I know you will have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, thank you for coming back and sharing your awesome news!

mel123
                            Participant

From a Stage IIIb sister, I have to say congratulations and I sure hope in 11 years I can say the same thing! I love to hear stories like this ๐Ÿ™‚ I know you will have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, thank you for coming back and sharing your awesome news!

mel123
                              Participant

Swanee
                                Participant

Thank you so much for this gift of encouragement and hope for an NED status.  Your thoughtfulness to drop us a line and give us a little window into your journey after melanoma, goes a long way and provides  us with real time life.  I know there are so many others out there with similar stories and are on their way now, melanoma in their past, hopefully beaten and never to return, so it is very kind for you to think of us and send  a message of hope and inspiration.  

It would be such a great gift to all of us here to have this website flooded with stories of past warriors who fought this battle and won.  

Congratulations to you Alison and many prayers of strength and recovery to those yet out on the front battle lines.

Swanee

Swanee
                                  Participant

Thank you so much for this gift of encouragement and hope for an NED status.  Your thoughtfulness to drop us a line and give us a little window into your journey after melanoma, goes a long way and provides  us with real time life.  I know there are so many others out there with similar stories and are on their way now, melanoma in their past, hopefully beaten and never to return, so it is very kind for you to think of us and send  a message of hope and inspiration.  

It would be such a great gift to all of us here to have this website flooded with stories of past warriors who fought this battle and won.  

Congratulations to you Alison and many prayers of strength and recovery to those yet out on the front battle lines.

Swanee

Swanee
                                    Participant

Swanee

triciad
                                      Participant

Alison,

What a wonderful way to start Thanksgiving week!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful news and may you be melanoma-free for the rest of your life!

Happy holiday!

Tricia

triciad
                                        Participant

Alison,

What a wonderful way to start Thanksgiving week!  Thank you for sharing this wonderful news and may you be melanoma-free for the rest of your life!

Happy holiday!

Tricia

triciad
                                          Participant

Alison,

Happy holiday!

Tricia

BethA in VA
                                            Participant

Good job.  I'm happy for you.  Nice to see an upbeat post filled with hope.    Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                              Participant

Good job.  I'm happy for you.  Nice to see an upbeat post filled with hope.    Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                Participant

DonW
                                                  Participant

Hi, Alison. I remember we chatted in the old chat room. Great to hear you are doing well and let's make it another 11 for starters.

DonW
                                                    Participant

Hi, Alison. I remember we chatted in the old chat room. Great to hear you are doing well and let's make it another 11 for starters.

DonW
                                                      Participant

michelleg
                                                        Participant

Thanks for the upbeat post!  Next month I will be 2 1/2 years out – 3B also.  I hope to be able to post 11 years NED one day too.

Michelle/ 3B

michelleg
                                                          Participant

Thanks for the upbeat post!  Next month I will be 2 1/2 years out – 3B also.  I hope to be able to post 11 years NED one day too.

Michelle/ 3B

michelleg
                                                            Participant

Michelle/ 3B

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics