The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just an update.

Forums General Melanoma Community Just an update.

Participant

Hey everyone, I've been home from the hospital since friday. I tolerated 11 bags of IL-2 the scond round. The side effects were much worse this time as I was told and expected. I've been taking it easy, resting and recovering here at home. Happy to say that today I finally feel like myself again. Got my first good nights sleep in weeks and only lingering effects are dry hands and a little body itching. And all i do now is wait, I get another Mri in a couple weeks and a ct scan in 5 weeks and see if these things are shrinking. It's kind of nice, these 5 weeks of waiting…

Hey everyone, I've been home from the hospital since friday. I tolerated 11 bags of IL-2 the scond round. The side effects were much worse this time as I was told and expected. I've been taking it easy, resting and recovering here at home. Happy to say that today I finally feel like myself again. Got my first good nights sleep in weeks and only lingering effects are dry hands and a little body itching. And all i do now is wait, I get another Mri in a couple weeks and a ct scan in 5 weeks and see if these things are shrinking. It's kind of nice, these 5 weeks of waiting… no appointments, no hospitals, no bad news, almost like 5 a five week vacation. Time to focus on being me again. Going to get back into the mix at work. I plan on spending alot of time outdoors, staying busy and being active as much as I can. Fill my mind with all the thoughts I had before all of this. Make my self mentally and emotionally healthy inhopes the physical will follow. Just going enjoy this time I have here and try to manifest some positve news from the doctor. We'll see. Hoping and praying.

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Hey Kevin,

Enjoy your time off….you deserve a break.  Wishing you the very best.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Sherron
          Participant

Hey Kevin,

Enjoy your time off….you deserve a break.  Wishing you the very best.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

triciad
            Participant

Kevin,

I'm so happy things are going well…the power of positive thoought!  You have been and will remain in my daily prayers.  Keep the fight going!

Tricia

triciad
              Participant

Kevin,

I'm so happy things are going well…the power of positive thoought!  You have been and will remain in my daily prayers.  Keep the fight going!

Tricia

KatyWI
                Participant

Yes!  Enjoy that time off.  I usually had a PET scan after about 4 weeks – will you as well?  I hope it shows good response for you (even though that would mean you'd have to go back – bleck!)

Enjoy sleeping in your own bed, next to your own wife, under your own roof, and may the only beeping that disturbs your rest be the blasted alarm clock in the morning. 

KatyWI

KatyWI
                  Participant

Yes!  Enjoy that time off.  I usually had a PET scan after about 4 weeks – will you as well?  I hope it shows good response for you (even though that would mean you'd have to go back – bleck!)

Enjoy sleeping in your own bed, next to your own wife, under your own roof, and may the only beeping that disturbs your rest be the blasted alarm clock in the morning. 

KatyWI

lhaley
                    Participant

Kevin,

Sounds like you did amazing. You certainly have a good attitude. Enjoy these next few weeks and try to put melanoma in a box in the closet while you wait.

Sending hugs,

Linda

Stage IV Waiting for surgery

lhaley
                      Participant

Kevin,

Sounds like you did amazing. You certainly have a good attitude. Enjoy these next few weeks and try to put melanoma in a box in the closet while you wait.

Sending hugs,

Linda

Stage IV Waiting for surgery

jag
                        Participant

Kevin, I am amazed by how well you are doing(physically and mentally) Enjoy your time off, definitely take that beautiful wife of yours on a trip someplace nice with a good dinner.  

God Bless, and stay well

John

himynameiskevin
                            Participant

Yep I am, I'm taking her to disneyland on Monday, a suprise, I have the whole day planned. It's her favorite place on earth. A thank you from me to her for continuous support. And also just cause I like to see her smile. Should be fun. 🙂

himynameiskevin
                              Participant

Yep I am, I'm taking her to disneyland on Monday, a suprise, I have the whole day planned. It's her favorite place on earth. A thank you from me to her for continuous support. And also just cause I like to see her smile. Should be fun. 🙂

jag
                              Participant

Kevin, I am amazed by how well you are doing(physically and mentally) Enjoy your time off, definitely take that beautiful wife of yours on a trip someplace nice with a good dinner.  

God Bless, and stay well

John

Rocco
                                Participant

Kevin,

Congrats on taking 11 bags on your second round.  Sounds like you have the right plan, rest, relax, recharge.  Hang in there!  You'll get a lot of support from this board….I sure did when I went through IL-2.   Enjoy the 'down time'.

Rocco
                                  Participant

Kevin,

Congrats on taking 11 bags on your second round.  Sounds like you have the right plan, rest, relax, recharge.  Hang in there!  You'll get a lot of support from this board….I sure did when I went through IL-2.   Enjoy the 'down time'.

King
                                    Participant

Kevin,

Thanks for the update.  I love your attitude!  Enjoy the time…

Stay Strong
                                      King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                                      Participant

Kevin,

Thanks for the update.  I love your attitude!  Enjoy the time…

Stay Strong
                                        King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Fen
                                        Participant

Glad to hear you're getting over the last batch, Kevin.  Enjoy this time and keep us posted when you feel like it.

Fen

Fen
                                          Participant

Glad to hear you're getting over the last batch, Kevin.  Enjoy this time and keep us posted when you feel like it.

Fen

dian in spokane
                                            Participant

Kevin,

11 bags! you brute! congratulations. I'm so glad you are feeling better, and hope you get to enjoy the next 5 weeks without too much worrying, and that your strength and good health return.

And of course, most importantly, I hope you have a complete durable response. Not everyone is able to tolerate IL 2 but I've met several long term stage IV patients from here who credit IL 2 with turning their lives around.

May you join their ranks!

dian

dian in spokane
                                              Participant

Kevin,

11 bags! you brute! congratulations. I'm so glad you are feeling better, and hope you get to enjoy the next 5 weeks without too much worrying, and that your strength and good health return.

And of course, most importantly, I hope you have a complete durable response. Not everyone is able to tolerate IL 2 but I've met several long term stage IV patients from here who credit IL 2 with turning their lives around.

May you join their ranks!

dian

JuleFL
                                                Participant

Great job, Kevin.  Enjoy your 5 week vacation!

Jule

JuleFL
                                                  Participant

Great job, Kevin.  Enjoy your 5 week vacation!

Jule

Jim in Denver
                                                    Participant

Hi Kevin,

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to you.  Thanks so much for posting – you have many supporters out here who are pulling for you!

Best,

Jim

himynameiskevin
                                                        Participant

Just want to say thank you all for the continuous positive feedback. To log on and see new replies from numerous people wishing me well, it means more than I can even begin to explain. Thanks you all so much.  -Kevin

Laurie from maine
                                                          Participant

Good for you, amazing job!  So glad you are going to take monday and just go enjoy! 

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                            Participant

Good for you, amazing job!  So glad you are going to take monday and just go enjoy! 

take care

laurie from maine

himynameiskevin
                                                              Participant

Just want to say thank you all for the continuous positive feedback. To log on and see new replies from numerous people wishing me well, it means more than I can even begin to explain. Thanks you all so much.  -Kevin

Jim in Denver
                                                              Participant

Hi Kevin,

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes to you.  Thanks so much for posting – you have many supporters out here who are pulling for you!

Best,

Jim

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics