The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just an update for me

Forums General Melanoma Community Just an update for me

Participant

well, my tumor HAD shrunk enough to do surgery but once again they keep putting off my appointments, I called and told the it was growing back fast on July 5 , But since then it has gotten as big if not bigger than the last time, Each time it grows back it grows faster. Now i have little pimple like things growing on the outside of the skin,, there is 6 of them, i figure they are small tumors because they are growing too.

well, my tumor HAD shrunk enough to do surgery but once again they keep putting off my appointments, I called and told the it was growing back fast on July 5 , But since then it has gotten as big if not bigger than the last time, Each time it grows back it grows faster. Now i have little pimple like things growing on the outside of the skin,, there is 6 of them, i figure they are small tumors because they are growing too. The redness is growing back to,, i was told that is tissue death, Its all the way up my shoulder now, which was never there before, I have it all in my boob and it is swelled to the max and the nipple is turning yellow. Its also spread across my chest, it always stopped right in the center of my chest but this time its spread to half of my other boob,,,i got to  go to vandy Monday to see the surgeon , i pray they just jump in and take out this monster before it kills me but they seem to be taking their sweet time. guess thats my update,, no good news to tell about but i wish i did,, i will comment when i get back from seeing the surgeon Monday to let yall know what he said,, praying for you all always.

Carol B

Viewing 15 reply threads
    • Replies
        TracyLee
        Participant

Carol,

How frustrating for you! My prayers are with you. It is awful when the doctor's just dawdle in responding!

Psalm 118:17   I will not die but live,
             and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

Hugs from Delaware,

TracyLee

TracyLee
          Participant

Carol,

How frustrating for you! My prayers are with you. It is awful when the doctor's just dawdle in responding!

Psalm 118:17   I will not die but live,
               and will proclaim what the LORD has done.

Hugs from Delaware,

TracyLee

King
            Participant

Carol,

Thanks for checking in though I wish it were better news.  How frustrating and it sounds very uncomfortable, too.  Please let us know what the surgeon recommends on Monday.  The waiting is just not right.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
              Participant

Carol,

Thanks for checking in though I wish it were better news.  How frustrating and it sounds very uncomfortable, too.  Please let us know what the surgeon recommends on Monday.  The waiting is just not right.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

glewis923
                Participant

hey Carol. you sound almost as pathetic as me!…..and seriously-I hope and pray you'll get better, as with every good person in this world.  You have been an inspiration for me and countless others for sure- keep it up.  Some may think it's hookey (I've been guilty myself), but honestly what you put on other people's post…ie: leaving them with a prayer, is very sincere and nice of you!  Please say on for me! – After Yervoy the 1st scans showed no change- but i can live with that.  My MRI's done like April 13th at radiation place showed same -little chang but 2 new small ones .     

I have an MRI tommorow that was unplanned, but i have had SEVERE shooting pains up/down right neck that "connects"with severe headaches .  Only been real bad for 3-4 days.  I hope it's just WBRadiation. damaged nerves. Dr. said wasn't likely but possible bone involemnt in my neck……..will know by late tommorow i hope.

If you went to Mayo JAX that's my cornerstone.  My local oncs, work well with Mayo  Been seeing Dr. Elizabeth Johnson for 2 yrs.  I think she is very compitant.  I live in Hoboken GA…moved from big city of Waycross, GA. after i got "hitched".

enough about me, but I pray to God he will assist you in many ways.

Love To ALL-  Grady, Bonita, carl, and Gavin.

glewis923
                  Participant

hey Carol. you sound almost as pathetic as me!…..and seriously-I hope and pray you'll get better, as with every good person in this world.  You have been an inspiration for me and countless others for sure- keep it up.  Some may think it's hookey (I've been guilty myself), but honestly what you put on other people's post…ie: leaving them with a prayer, is very sincere and nice of you!  Please say on for me! – After Yervoy the 1st scans showed no change- but i can live with that.  My MRI's done like April 13th at radiation place showed same -little chang but 2 new small ones .     

I have an MRI tommorow that was unplanned, but i have had SEVERE shooting pains up/down right neck that "connects"with severe headaches .  Only been real bad for 3-4 days.  I hope it's just WBRadiation. damaged nerves. Dr. said wasn't likely but possible bone involemnt in my neck……..will know by late tommorow i hope.

If you went to Mayo JAX that's my cornerstone.  My local oncs, work well with Mayo  Been seeing Dr. Elizabeth Johnson for 2 yrs.  I think she is very compitant.  I live in Hoboken GA…moved from big city of Waycross, GA. after i got "hitched".

enough about me, but I pray to God he will assist you in many ways.

Love To ALL-  Grady, Bonita, carl, and Gavin.

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Hey CarolB,

There's just so much wrong with that picture you paint! I'm so sorry they're treating you like they are…it doesn't make sense. You know you've got soooo many prayers going up for you. Monday can't get here fast enough. Will post a prayer for you on MPC after I get through here.

Lord, in Your mercy, in Your mercy Lord. Thank You. And Lord, Grady, too. All who are caught up in similar situations, we lift them all to You and ask for Your mercy in each life, for we are lives to You and not melanoma cases. Amen.

Grace and peace friend,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Hey CarolB,

There's just so much wrong with that picture you paint! I'm so sorry they're treating you like they are…it doesn't make sense. You know you've got soooo many prayers going up for you. Monday can't get here fast enough. Will post a prayer for you on MPC after I get through here.

Lord, in Your mercy, in Your mercy Lord. Thank You. And Lord, Grady, too. All who are caught up in similar situations, we lift them all to You and ask for Your mercy in each life, for we are lives to You and not melanoma cases. Amen.

Grace and peace friend,

Carol

triciad
                        Participant

Carol,

No other way to say it…healthcare sucks!  I can't believe they keep putting off your appointments…monsters!   I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. You remain in my constant prayers.

Now, get off this website, pick up the phone, and start squeaking to get an earlier appointment!

Hugs,

Tricia

triciad
                          Participant

Carol,

No other way to say it…healthcare sucks!  I can't believe they keep putting off your appointments…monsters!   I'm so sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time. You remain in my constant prayers.

Now, get off this website, pick up the phone, and start squeaking to get an earlier appointment!

Hugs,

Tricia

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

Carol, I am sorry to read of the difficulties that you are having. I hope that the surgeon
                              will remove the tumour as soon as possible.

Good luck for Monday. You remain in our prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Carol, I am sorry to read of the difficulties that you are having. I hope that the surgeon
                                will remove the tumour as soon as possible.

Good luck for Monday. You remain in our prayers.

Frank from Australia

lhaley
                                Participant

Carol,

Monday is just around the corner now but this shouldn't have been put off. When you have the appointment if he can't do it within a few days because of scheduling ask if one of his partners is available.  I'd hate to see them put you off longer!

Is your oncologist in the same office? You might want to check in to see him also since you are traveling.

I hate that you are having to go through this!  Don't let them put you off once you are in his office! 

Linda

lhaley
                                  Participant

Carol,

Monday is just around the corner now but this shouldn't have been put off. When you have the appointment if he can't do it within a few days because of scheduling ask if one of his partners is available.  I'd hate to see them put you off longer!

Is your oncologist in the same office? You might want to check in to see him also since you are traveling.

I hate that you are having to go through this!  Don't let them put you off once you are in his office! 

Linda

larrygonj
                                      Spot on with this write-up, I truly assume this website needs much more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to read much more, thanks for that info.
                                      White kidney bean extract patriliny
                                      larrygonj
                                        Spot on with this write-up, I truly assume this website needs much more consideration. I’ll in all probability be again to read much more, thanks for that info.
                                        White kidney bean extract patriliny
                                    Viewing 15 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics