The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

just a quick update

Forums Caregiver Community just a quick update

Participant

Hi All- just wanted to update on Dad.  He has now completed his 3rd dose of IPI.  He will receive his last dose the middle of April. I received an email from his doc and she said they will rescan after his last dose and then decide where to go from there, most likely Keytruda.  So far for side effects he is very fatigued although he continues on his daily rountine, working in the yard, grocery shopping etc.  His sleep has been up and down, one night 10 hours the next 4-5.  We have also noticed that he is very grouchy, doesn't want to be bothered.  I COMPLETELY understand this having gone through 18 chemo treatments, I disliked everyone by the end.  We are having his labs drawn to keep an eye on the pituitary etc.  Doc. says at this point that we are in pretty good shape, of course that could change at any moment.  Sending positive vibes and virtual hugs to all of you out there fighting and also to the caregivers that go through so much.

xo Jen

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        AliCat61
        Participant

Thank you Jen, for sharing that positive news! You're so right, it could all change in a moment, so it's crucial that we celebrate each small victory and each good report. Thank you for the good vibes and hugs! Sending them right back to you!

Jahendry12
          Participant

Thanks for the update on your dad. Praying the scan results are positive!

debwray
            Participant

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the news. Sounds like he is doing well tolerating the combo. Cross my fingers scans are good and make up for the grouchy days !

Deb

debwray
              Participant

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the news. Sounds like he is doing well tolerating the combo. Cross my fingers scans are good and make up for the grouchy days !

Deb

cancersnewnormal
                Participant

That's great news! Sounds like he's doing pretty well! By "next scans"… do you mean chest/ab/pelvis CT as well as brain MRI? I'm assuming someone is still keeping eyes on his head… but I never like to assume. My medical oncologist and radiation oncologist were/are in tight communication, but it's almost as though my rad onc has taken charge over the brain, whereas the medical onc focuses more on the body. They talk… but it's as if each doc is responsible for a different "zone". ; )

Scooby123
                  Participant

Hi Jen,  So pleased for your dad and hoping for good scan results. Thank you for update Jen.

Scooby x

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics