The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

just a happy post

Forums General Melanoma Community just a happy post

Participant

Hi y'all,

Haven't posted for a little while, because all is quiet on my melanoma front!

Still having a great response to BRAF. Neck node, which was the size of a chicken egg stuck to my neck, is now down to a small bump, about the size of a grape.

I ran into my surgical onc at high school open house. He hasn't seen me for several months, when I was in bad shape. He was SO excited to see my neck so improved! (And isn't it nice just to be doing normal stuff? Meet the teachers, torture our daughters?)  ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi y'all,

Haven't posted for a little while, because all is quiet on my melanoma front!

Still having a great response to BRAF. Neck node, which was the size of a chicken egg stuck to my neck, is now down to a small bump, about the size of a grape.

I ran into my surgical onc at high school open house. He hasn't seen me for several months, when I was in bad shape. He was SO excited to see my neck so improved! (And isn't it nice just to be doing normal stuff? Meet the teachers, torture our daughters?)  ๐Ÿ™‚

My prayers are with others who are doing well, and for those who aren't. I'm exquisitely aware that things can change fast with melanoma. 

For those who are worn out with worry, I lift you in prayer.

For those who are currently in a good place, I lift you in prayer.

Wishing everyone a peace filled weekend.

TracyLee

Viewing 21 reply threads
    • Replies
        DebbieH
        Participant

It's always great to read a happy post – congratulations on your BRAF response, may it last forever!

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years tomorrow, after inf

DebbieH
          Participant

It's always great to read a happy post – congratulations on your BRAF response, may it last forever!

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 10 years tomorrow, after inf

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

Great to see life being enjoyed.  Be one of the long responders, Please!

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Great to see life being enjoyed.  Be one of the long responders, Please!

washoegal
                Participant

What a beautiful post from a beautiful Lady.  Thank-You.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                  Participant

What a beautiful post from a beautiful Lady.  Thank-You.

Mary

Stage 3

renakimu
                    Participant

excellent news!!i m so happy for you!

KEEP ON and WIN!

DiRena

renakimu
                      Participant

excellent news!!i m so happy for you!

KEEP ON and WIN!

DiRena

killmel
                        Participant

Great news….have you had any side effects on braf???

Hope you have continued shrinkage

Mae

killmel
                          Participant

Great news….have you had any side effects on braf???

Hope you have continued shrinkage

Mae

CAdesiree
                            Participant

great news!!! and thank you!

Vermont_Donna
                                Participant

I am soooooooo happy for you Tracy Lee!!! You have needed some normal stable times! I am so glad that your surgical oncologist was so happy to run into you and is happy about your great news too! Keep on getting better dear!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a NED

Vermont_Donna
                                  Participant

I am soooooooo happy for you Tracy Lee!!! You have needed some normal stable times! I am so glad that your surgical oncologist was so happy to run into you and is happy about your great news too! Keep on getting better dear!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a NED

CAdesiree
                                  Participant

great news!!! and thank you!

JerryfromFauq
                                    Participant

Quiet is GOOD!  Like it!

JerryfromFauq
                                      Participant

Quiet is GOOD!  Like it!

King
                                        Participant

TracyLee,

I am so happy to read that you are doing so well on the BRAF drug. :))))) And, yes, it's wonderful to be able to do normal things.  Many of these things we took for granted before we started our battles with melanoma.

Your post will give hope to others as well.

Stay Strong
                                          King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                                          Participant

TracyLee,

I am so happy to read that you are doing so well on the BRAF drug. :))))) And, yes, it's wonderful to be able to do normal things.  Many of these things we took for granted before we started our battles with melanoma.

Your post will give hope to others as well.

Stay Strong
                                            King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

BethA
                                            Participant

What a nice post.  So happy you are doing good.  Keep it up.    Beth 3/B

BethA
                                              Participant

What a nice post.  So happy you are doing good.  Keep it up.    Beth 3/B

triciad
                                                Participant

TracyLee,

Thank you for posting such wonderful news.  You've lifted me up on a very down weekend!!!!  May you have continued success with your treatment AND a smooth year with a girl in high school!!

Tricia

killmel
                                                    Participant

Tracy,

Great news…are you having any SIDE EFFECTS on BRAF???

TracyLee
                                                      Participant

Definite sun sensitivity – VERY easily sunburned. Weight loss (boo hoo, NOT!) I kept asking for the skinny cancer.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Bumpy rash on my legs, kind of like shaving with goosebumps. I will take that over lungs filled with fluid, any day.

Other than that, nothing else as far as side effects.

TracyLee
                                                        Participant

Definite sun sensitivity – VERY easily sunburned. Weight loss (boo hoo, NOT!) I kept asking for the skinny cancer.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Bumpy rash on my legs, kind of like shaving with goosebumps. I will take that over lungs filled with fluid, any day.

Other than that, nothing else as far as side effects.

killmel
                                                          Participant

Tracy,

Great news…are you having any SIDE EFFECTS on BRAF???

triciad
                                                          Participant

TracyLee,

Thank you for posting such wonderful news.  You've lifted me up on a very down weekend!!!!  May you have continued success with your treatment AND a smooth year with a girl in high school!!

Tricia

CLPrice31
                                                            Participant

I had not logged on the forum in a while, but I am glad to read your WONDERFUL news. Your posts and comments are always so inspiring for me. I wish you continued success and PEACE! You deserve it.

CLPrice31
                                                              Participant

I had not logged on the forum in a while, but I am glad to read your WONDERFUL news. Your posts and comments are always so inspiring for me. I wish you continued success and PEACE! You deserve it.

Viewing 21 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics