The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Julie in SoCal

Forums General Melanoma Community Julie in SoCal

Participant
      Has anyone heard from Julie?  I don’t know whether to be worried about her, or not — this forum is no longer the active place it was just a year ago.
    Viewing 19 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          I have not heard.  She is so dear to me.  I think of her often, but have not been able to find a way to reach her.  Given her last reports on her progression, I am very worried.  Maybe we can all send her our best love and vibes today!!!  les
          jbronicki
          Participant
            I was absolutely wondering the same thing, I’ve been lurking on here and actually tried to search the site the other day in case I missed any updates from Julie.  Celeste, I will send all the vibes and love and prayers and incantations etc that I can to the universe today.  I miss “hearing” her voice on the site.  I automatically think of Julie EVERY time I see a Silver Stream camper, which is often. Hugs, Jackie

MelMel
            Participant
              Thank you so much for posting this because I was thinking about her for months and check here frequently to see if she would post anything. I was hoping that Celeste would have some news and I am so sad to hear that she does not.

Julie we miss you!

Melanie

SABKLYN
              Participant
                Julie is a gem.  Hope she responds.  Would like to know too.  Last time I recall she posted, she was off on an adventure in her camper after a bit of a setback in her treatment.
                Cat
                Participant
                  I haven’t heard from Julie. But I do know Julie’s “Rock Star” is no longer a practicing Oncologist. Her former Oncologist is now a Chief Medical Investigator for a large Pharma Company in Massachusetts. Julie put great trust in her “Rock Star” oncologist and she must have been devastated when he stopped treating her. I have a very bad feeling about Julie because no matter how bad things got for her, she would always post an update. It saddens me that we have not heard from her. God Bless Julie!
                  Bubbles
                  Participant
                    Yes.  Our girl had taken a wonderful trip in her renovated camper and shared some great pics.  However, as best as I can recall and the best I can do with the limited search function of this site – I think this is her last post from September –

https://forum.melanoma.org/forums/topic/the-plan/

We are all here for you, dear Julie.  Today and always.  les

AMcReader
                    Participant
                      I too am so glad you posted this. I have been thinking about Julie for months and hoping we’d get some kind of update. Sending love to her wherever she is.
                      casagrayson
                      Participant
                        I’m sure I knew Julie’s last name once upon a time, but alas, the senior moments are becoming more frequent.  Anyone remember?

If you don’t want to put it out here, you can email me at [email protected]

Cat
                          Participant
                            Julie’s “last name is “GREEN”. Please see my post for further details. Thanks!
                          Mark_DC
                          Participant
                            I miss Julie too! And despite her troubles, she would always post. I hope she is well.
                            Cat
                            Participant
                              I am a stage 4 melanoma survivor. I just had my annual scans last week. I am very blessed and  remain cancer free 9+ years. A few years ago, Julie and did email each other. Julie’s last name is GREEN. Unfortunately, I lost contact with her, so I have no update on Julie. However, yesterday I found an old email from Julie, so I emailed her. However, I have not received an email back. I will post again if Julie contacts me and will let you know how she is doing.
                              tedtell1
                              Participant
                                Gosh yes, it has been a while. I have always loved her posts. I am hoping that maybe she is out there enjoying life? Love and prayers and good vibes etc headed out to SOCAL.

Ted

Cat
                                Participant
                                  I received an email back from Julie’s work colleague. It saddens me to tell you that Julie passed on October 10, 2020. Julie was very special and will be missed tremendously. God Bless her!
                                    MelMel
                                    Participant
                                      Thank you so much for finding out! Although the news saddens me beyond words, it reminds me that we are here only for a very short time. Julie was such a special person who touched the lives of so many. I will never forget her kind words and the beautiful pictures of her very last trip which she enjoyed enormously!!! I am so saddened but I pray that she is in a better place, looking over us. We miss you Julie!

Melanie

sing123
                                    Participant
                                      I had been thinking of her also. Am so sorry to hear this.
                                      Bubbles
                                      Participant
                                        Thanks for sharing, Cat.  I am filled with tears as well as smiles, because Julie’s light was bright enough to be seen even in times of darkness.  Her light will continue to show the way for all of us who hold her in our heart.  Love to you all, les
                                        casagrayson
                                        Participant
                                          This is NOT the news I wanted to share.  :'(

Hello Susan,

Thank you for your message. I’m sad to say that Julie is no longer with us. She passed away last October.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon

Sharon Merz, PhD
                                          International Anthropology Coordinator &
                                          Senior Anthropology Consultant

casagrayson
                                          Participant
                                            Great minds, Cat.  I just got the email this morning.  I’m very sad … Julie was a special woman.

tedtell1
                                            Participant
                                              Very sad news, thanks for sharing though. It is always good to hear the news, the bad and the good!

Ted

chrispl1974
                                              Participant
                                                Very sad news indeed.
                                                jbronicki
                                                Participant
                                                  Wow, this is such sad news and I’m so sorry to hear this, thinking of Julie and all the people she inspired and connected with, she was clearly so special.  I know I felt connected to her.  Oh man,  this is hard.  Many hugs to her and all those that had the privilege to know her in person.
                                                  sj
                                                  Participant
                                                    So sad. I’ve only been here a while but Julie was lovely.
                                                Viewing 19 reply threads
                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics