The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Julie (Gabsound) How are you doing?

Forums General Melanoma Community Julie (Gabsound) How are you doing?

Participant

Hi Julie,

I was happy to see you posts today. How are you doing? Are you still on Pd1?

I am sending positive thoughts & prayers your way!

MaryBeth

Hi Julie,

I was happy to see you posts today. How are you doing? Are you still on Pd1?

I am sending positive thoughts & prayers your way!

MaryBeth

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        gabsound
        Participant
          The PD1 didn’t work for me, I progressed. I started a chemo combo of Abraxane, avastin and carboplatin. After the first dose one of my palpable tumors completely disappeared. My LDH also dropped about 400 points so it looks like this could be effective. I was also able to stop all my pain medication. The chemo causes some pretty significant fatigue for the first week after. I’m doing better this week although I’ve had to stop work which is a real adjustment in itself. Awaiting the loss of my hair ๐Ÿ™ but someday I’ll get it back.

Julie

Linny
            Participant

Aside from the side effects, it sounds like this combo is kicking some melanoma-butt. I'm really happy to hear you were able to stop your pain meds.

Don't worry even about the hair. Like you said, you'll get it back. smiley

Is it possible for you to have your treatment scheduled for the end of the week, like on a Friday? This way you might be able to use the weekend to recuperate and at least get a few days of work in at the beginning of the week.

NYKaren
              Participant
                Julie, ditto to what Linny says! Seriously, most if not all insurance pays for or toward a wig if you want one. They do get hot, some pretty scarves and of course big-brimmed hats sound lovely for summer.
                Karen.
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Julie, ditto to what Linny says! Seriously, most if not all insurance pays for or toward a wig if you want one. They do get hot, some pretty scarves and of course big-brimmed hats sound lovely for summer.
                  Karen.
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Karen.
                    Linny
                    Participant

Aside from the side effects, it sounds like this combo is kicking some melanoma-butt. I'm really happy to hear you were able to stop your pain meds.

Is it possible for you to have your treatment scheduled for the end of the week, like on a Friday? This way you might be able to use the weekend to recuperate and at least get a few days of work in at the beginning of the week.

Linny
                      Participant

gabsound
                      Participant
                        The PD1 didn’t work for me, I progressed. I started a chemo combo of Abraxane, avastin and carboplatin. After the first dose one of my palpable tumors completely disappeared. My LDH also dropped about 400 points so it looks like this could be effective. I was also able to stop all my pain medication. The chemo causes some pretty significant fatigue for the first week after. I’m doing better this week although I’ve had to stop work which is a real adjustment in itself. Awaiting the loss of my hair ๐Ÿ™ but someday I’ll get it back.

Julie

gabsound
                        Participant

Julie

gabsound
                          Participant
                            I’m all set, knave a wig and ordered a hat with a brim and a scarf that should show up at my door this week.

I’m short of breath and too fatigued to work at all. I hope that will not be long lasting. I have applied for SS disability.

Julie

MeNDave
                              Participant

Keep kicking mel's butt Julie – you are an amazing person!!

MeNDave
                                Participant

MeNDave
                                  Participant

gabsound
                                  Participant
                                    I’m all set, knave a wig and ordered a hat with a brim and a scarf that should show up at my door this week.

I’m short of breath and too fatigued to work at all. I hope that will not be long lasting. I have applied for SS disability.

Julie

gabsound
                                    Participant

Julie

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics