The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Forums General Melanoma Community Jerry from Cape Cod

Participant

No, he's not dead   laugh

He has, however had a sour  turn of events after about a good two year plus run on what was then IPI and is now Yervoy.

Spoke with him just a few minutes ago and he is in the hospital after doing a 5k bike race a month ago to needing a cane and more today.

No, he's not dead   laugh

He has, however had a sour  turn of events after about a good two year plus run on what was then IPI and is now Yervoy.

Spoke with him just a few minutes ago and he is in the hospital after doing a 5k bike race a month ago to needing a cane and more today.

He has a bunch of neurological events that imploded on him, but his team is all over it in Boston and they are trying to get him put back together.

So, if you would, send up a smoke signal, ring a bell or just otherwise send him some good vibes , I know he would appreciate it !

Cheers,

Charlie S

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jackie W
        Participant

Thanks for posting, but I am so sorry to hear this news.  Do you know if he has a laptop  with him, so that I can e-mail him, or a phone number?

Thanks,

Jackie W

Charlie S
            Participant

Yep, he has his laptop, but his symptoms,, though not all;  are complications of melanoma, give him operational fits for using it.

I'll ask him if he wants calls before giving out his number.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
              Participant

Yep, he has his laptop, but his symptoms,, though not all;  are complications of melanoma, give him operational fits for using it.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                Participant

Cheers,

Charlie S

Jackie W
                Participant

Thanks for posting, but I am so sorry to hear this news.  Do you know if he has a laptop  with him, so that I can e-mail him, or a phone number?

Thanks,

Jackie W

Jackie W
                  Participant

Thanks,

Jackie W

MariaH
                    Participant

Thanks for letting us know Charlie.  Do they think it is mel related or did he have an accident?  Geez, he didn't even mention anything on the board…

Keep us posted.  And please let him know we're thinking of him.

Maria & Dave

Charlie S
                        Participant

Yep, complications of melanoma.

Charlie S
                          Participant

Charlie S
                            Participant

MariaH
                            Participant

Thanks for letting us know Charlie.  Do they think it is mel related or did he have an accident?  Geez, he didn't even mention anything on the board…

Maria & Dave

MariaH
                              Participant

Maria & Dave

bcl
                                Participant

Thanks for the update Charlie.

Sending good wishes, pixie dust, Irish luck and whatever else I can come up with Jerry!! Hope you'll be back on that bike in no time flat. And of course, sending big hugs buddy xxlinda

bcl
                                  Participant

Sending good wishes, pixie dust, Irish luck and whatever else I can come up with Jerry!! Hope you'll be back on that bike in no time flat. And of course, sending big hugs buddy xxlinda

bcl
                                    Participant

lhaley
                                      Participant

So glad that you cleared that up the very first sentence!!!!

I'm sharing my pixie dix to help him fight this along with his team. 

Love ya Jerry and wishing you only the best!   Yes Charlie, thank you for letting us know also.  It is so scary how quickly circumstances can change.

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Love ya Jerry and wishing you only the best!   Yes Charlie, thank you for letting us know also.  It is so scary how quickly circumstances can change.

Linda

Laurie from maine
                                            Participant

I am sending strong wishes/prayers/vibes his way!!!

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                              Participant

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                                Participant

laurie from maine

lhaley
                                                Participant

Linda

Rocco
                                                  Participant

Charlie – Appreciate you posting this….

Jerry – Good vibes and prayers are heading your way!  Hang in there!

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                    Participant

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                      Participant

-Rocco

jag
                                                        Participant

Charlie, complications from melanoma, or complications from treatment?

Either way, send him my best, and tell him to keep on pedaling!

jag
                                                          Participant

jag
                                                            Participant

jag
                                                                Participant

Damn, I don't know why that keeps happening, that is from me JAG though.

jag
                                                                  Participant

jag
                                                                    Participant

Charlie S
                                                                      Participant

Good point, Anon,  The jury is still out, but it is fair to say that it is complications of treatment as a result of complications of melanoma.  Jerry and I have danced with this topic many times..

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                                        Participant

Good point, Anon,  The jury is still out, but it is fair to say that it is complications of treatment as a result of complications of melanoma.  Jerry and I have danced with this topic many times..

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                                          Participant

Cheers,

Charlie S

killmel
                                                                          Participant

Jerry,

My heart goes out to you. But if anyone can beat the problem/whatever it is, you can beat it!

We all love you & will be anxious to hear from you or your family reagarding your status. Please  keep us posted.

Prayers & hugs for you.

Keep the faith

Mary

killmel
                                                                            Participant

Jerry,

My heart goes out to you. But if anyone can beat the problem/whatever it is, you can beat it!

We all love you & will be anxious to hear from you or your family reagarding your status. Please  keep us posted.

Prayers & hugs for you.

Keep the faith

Mary

killmel
                                                                              Participant

Jerry,

Prayers & hugs for you.

Keep the faith

Mary

Lori C
                                                                                Participant

Lots of healing thoughts to Jerry and may he be up and running again very soon!

Lori

Lori C
                                                                                  Participant

Lori

Lori C
                                                                                    Participant

Lori

triciad
                                                                                      Participant

Charlie – thanks for letting us know about Jerry.

Jerry – I'm sending lots of prayers your way.  You can do it!

triciad
                                                                                        Participant

triciad
                                                                                          Participant

BonnieLea
                                                                                            Participant

Gee, Jerry I just now read this.   Last letter you wrote, you told me all you wanted to do was to chase after even a horse to eat, as the steroids were making you so hungry.

Please get better….I mean, just think of all those lovely lobsster dinners for Maureen not to mention the giant chunk of beef for you!  (and I will just eat scraps)

Take care and know we care.

Love Bonnie

killmel
                                                                                                Participant

I am worried that Jerry or his family has not posted with an update. Anyone have an update on his condition?

killmel
                                                                                                  Participant

I am worried that Jerry or his family has not posted with an update. Anyone have an update on his condition?

killmel
                                                                                                    Participant

BonnieLea
                                                                                                    Participant

Gee, Jerry I just now read this.   Last letter you wrote, you told me all you wanted to do was to chase after even a horse to eat, as the steroids were making you so hungry.

Please get better….I mean, just think of all those lovely lobsster dinners for Maureen not to mention the giant chunk of beef for you!  (and I will just eat scraps)

Love Bonnie

BonnieLea
                                                                                                      Participant

Love Bonnie

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                        Participant

Wishing Jerry healing and strength.

He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                          Participant

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                            Participant

Frank from Australia

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics