The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Forums General Melanoma Community Jerry from Cape Cod

Participant

After being in either the hospital or physical rehab since last halloween, Jerry is finally back at home with his family————-under the care of hospice.

Spoke with him on Saturday and he is in good spirits, comfortable, lucid and was looking forward to going for out for a ride.   His tumor burden in and around his spine/spinal cord are inoperable and after a good, long 2+ year run on ipi, he is just out of options.

After being in either the hospital or physical rehab since last halloween, Jerry is finally back at home with his family————-under the care of hospice.

Spoke with him on Saturday and he is in good spirits, comfortable, lucid and was looking forward to going for out for a ride.   His tumor burden in and around his spine/spinal cord are inoperable and after a good, long 2+ year run on ipi, he is just out of options.

For those of you that don't know, Jerry was a pioneer when he started on ipi brain met trials in boston.  He has contributed a lot of knowledge through his trials and tribulations and he truly does hope, believe and wish that what science has learned by his trial participation will indeed help others in the futue.

He is a great guy with a great wife and two daughters. Please keep him in your thoughts.

I'll ask if it's okay to post his mailiing adress for those that would be inclined to send a card.

Charlie S

Viewing 44 reply threads
    • Replies
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

Thank you for giving us an update Charlie.  I am sorry to hear this news, I am glad he is home and comfortable.  He and his family are in my prayers.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
          Participant

Thank you for giving us an update Charlie.  I am sorry to hear this news, I am glad he is home and comfortable.  He and his family are in my prayers.

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
            Participant

laurie from maine

lhaley
              Participant

Charlie,

I'm glad that Jerry is able to be home but really sad being now with hospice care.  Please send me his address.   I'm glad that he is comfortable. I know that he was able to be on a stationary bike one of the times that you posted. Is he still able to be mobile?

I hope your doing ok also!

Linda

lhaley
                Participant

Charlie,

I'm glad that Jerry is able to be home but really sad being now with hospice care.  Please send me his address.   I'm glad that he is comfortable. I know that he was able to be on a stationary bike one of the times that you posted. Is he still able to be mobile?

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

Charlie,

Linda

scots
                    Participant
                      Jerry and his famil will be in prayers.
                      Scot
                      scots
                      Participant
                        Scot
                        scots
                        Participant
                          Scot
                          hope4cure1
                          Participant

Thank you for the update, Charlie.  My prayers are with Jerry and his family.

Hope

hope4cure1
                            Participant

Hope

hope4cure1
                              Participant

Hope

jim Breitfeller
                                Participant

Thanks charlie.

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                  Participant

Thanks charlie.

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                                    Participant

Thanks charlie.

Jimmy B

King
                                      Participant

Charlie,

Thank you so much for the update on Jerry.  I hope hospice provides the support and comfort that they are known for.  I will keep Jerry and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

While growing up, I spent summers on Cape Cod  so even though I've never communicated with Jerry other than on this Board, his posts and replies always caught my eye.

Stay Strong
                                        King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                                        Participant

Charlie,

Thank you so much for the update on Jerry.  I hope hospice provides the support and comfort that they are known for.  I will keep Jerry and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

While growing up, I spent summers on Cape Cod  so even though I've never communicated with Jerry other than on this Board, his posts and replies always caught my eye.

Stay Strong
                                          King

King
                                          Participant

Charlie,

Stay Strong
                                            King

jag
                                            Participant

Jerry is and always will be a great guy.  Send him my warm regards, and tell him I am going for a bike ride in his honor this weekend.  His spirit will make me work on the hills.

John

jag
                                              Participant

Jerry is and always will be a great guy.  Send him my warm regards, and tell him I am going for a bike ride in his honor this weekend.  His spirit will make me work on the hills.

John

jag
                                                Participant

John

dian in spokane
                                                  Participant

Charlie, thank you so much for letting us know. I think about Jerry often and wonder how he is doing. I hope hospice gives hime some pain free time.

dian

kjshaner444
                                                      Participant

I just don't know what to say. but God Bless.  I have read several of Jerry's prior posts here over the last several months and found each informative,  somehow comforting.   God Bless. I was born and raised in the great state of Massachusetts.  My grandparents lived on Cape Cod.  I so treasure my memories of Cape Cod. The area is truely "second-to-none". God Bless, and again I thank you.

Karen

kjshaner444
                                                        Participant

I just don't know what to say. but God Bless.  I have read several of Jerry's prior posts here over the last several months and found each informative,  somehow comforting.   God Bless. I was born and raised in the great state of Massachusetts.  My grandparents lived on Cape Cod.  I so treasure my memories of Cape Cod. The area is truely "second-to-none". God Bless, and again I thank you.

Karen

kjshaner444
                                                          Participant

Karen

dian in spokane
                                                          Participant

Charlie, thank you so much for letting us know. I think about Jerry often and wonder how he is doing. I hope hospice gives hime some pain free time.

dian

dian in spokane
                                                            Participant

dian

jackiewin
                                                              Participant

Thanks for the update.   Please let Jerry know my thoughts are with him.

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                                                Participant

Jackie W

jackiewin
                                                                  Participant

Jackie W

deardad
                                                                      Participant

Thinking of Jerry and his family.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                        Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                          Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Lori C
                                                                          Participant

Keeping them all in my thoughts.  Jerry is amazing and I hope hospice can do a great job for him.  Thank you for posting this, Charlie.

Lori

Lori C
                                                                            Participant

Keeping them all in my thoughts.  Jerry is amazing and I hope hospice can do a great job for him.  Thank you for posting this, Charlie.

Lori

Lori C
                                                                              Participant

Lori

Gene_S
                                                                                Participant

Charlie thank you so much for your post.  I am truly sorry to hear Jerry is with Hospice and I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                                                  Participant

Charlie thank you so much for your post.  I am truly sorry to hear Jerry is with Hospice and I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

Judy and Gene

Gene_S
                                                                                    Participant

Judy and Gene

JoshF
                                                                                      Participant

God's blessing for Jerry and his family. They wil be in my prayers.

Karin L
                                                                                          Participant

Thank you so much for keeping us posted Charlie.  Jerry and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karin 

Karin L
                                                                                            Participant

Thank you so much for keeping us posted Charlie.  Jerry and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Karin 

Karin L
                                                                                              Participant

Karin 

JoshF
                                                                                              Participant

JoshF
                                                                                                Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                  Participant

Charlie, thanks for the update on Jerry's condition. Sorry to read that he has run out of options. Hopefully he will continue to be comfortable and free of pain. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                    Participant

Charlie, thanks for the update on Jerry's condition. Sorry to read that he has run out of options. Hopefully he will continue to be comfortable and free of pain. He is in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                                      Participant

Frank from Australia

shellebrownies
                                                                                                        Participant

Jerry,

Glad to hear your are back home with your family. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the very best. 

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                                                                          Participant

Jerry,

Glad to hear your are back home with your family. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the very best. 

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                                                                                            Participant

Jerry,

Michelle, wife of Don

KRob
                                                                                                              Participant

Jerry from Cape Cod, a classy guy with a brave heart and kind words for anyone here who needed them (even his name denotes a feeling of comfortedness and peace).

If you do get to see this, Jerry (and/or Jerry's family), please know that you have touched many lives in our community with your kind, helpful words and your example of grace and strength.

Thank you for all your steady advice and encouraging comments. We will miss you.

KRob
                                                                                                                Participant

Jerry from Cape Cod, a classy guy with a brave heart and kind words for anyone here who needed them (even his name denotes a feeling of comfortedness and peace).

If you do get to see this, Jerry (and/or Jerry's family), please know that you have touched many lives in our community with your kind, helpful words and your example of grace and strength.

Thank you for all your steady advice and encouraging comments. We will miss you.

KRob
                                                                                                                  Participant

Viewing 44 reply threads
                                                                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics