The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jake

Participant

Hi friends,

I have been trying to post. It keeps saying error. 

Jakes body is nearly clean, but now he has brain Mets. He is doing SRS next week. He is alive, gaining weight, looks so good and happy. He says he is going to live. He just finished ipi. You gotta love this stubborn, no drama kid. 

Rita's loss broke my heart. And Paul. It's just so hard. I hope our good days shared are okay. 

Love to you my friends,

Kerri–momofjake

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        Casitas1
        Participant
          Wow! Wonderful! Keep it up Jake!
          jennunicorn
          Participant

Kerri, that is great news! Brain mets not so much fun, but the SRS should take care of those and I will continue to keep Jake in my thoughts for more awesome news to come. The recent losses have weighed heavy on my heart as well, hearing some good news about Jake lifts us all up with some much needed hope. 

Momofjake
              Participant

It was hard to post. Heavy heart with so much pain shared here. Lots of people here have helped me on some hard or confusing days. Several of those are now gone. I hope they watch over their loved ones and those left behind still fighting. Hope you are well.

Kerri

tschmith
              Participant

We will all continue to pray for good results for Jaken and are so happy to hear positive news.  SRS will do its job!  What a strong son you have!

All my best,

Terrie

casagrayson
                Participant

Oh, Kerri!  Everyone here is so happy to know that Jake is doing so well.  I know Paul and Charles, and certainly Rita, are cheering him on.  Hopefully the new mets are just a little bump in the road.

maperny
                  Participant

Very pleased to read this.  What a brave son you have and a wonderful loving mother you are.

good luck with the SRS, it will zap those gremlins!

praying for you and jake

Maria

debwray
                    Participant

Hi Kerri,

Thanks for posting and am so pleased Jake is doing well. He has so much to fight for and look forward to.. We all wish him well and any good news is uplifting for the rest of us.

Good luck both the brain SRS

Deb

Patrisa
                      Participant

That´s wonderful Kerri, I am beyond happy for Jake, he is such an amazing guy! So are you….

Take care,

Patrisa

BrianP
                        Participant

Great news Kerri. So happy for you.  Jake and I are in a similar boat.  My MD anderson trial has shrunk my body tumors but I just found out I now have a brain met.  SRS for me next week as well.  Best wishes to you and Jake.

Brian

Momofjake
                            Participant

Go Brian!! SRS will get you boys fixed up and the systemic treatment can go from there!!

keep me updated!! Post next week after SRS, k?

kerri

jenny22
                            Participant

Hi Kerri- thanks so much for the update on jake…we've all been wondering how he is.  Overall it sounds good, and I am going to assume the SRS will take care of the latest …Certainly hoping for that.

PLEASE keep us posted and know we are all cheering for him!!!!!

best,

jenny

CHD
                              Participant

Kerri, I agree, the losses here are so sad, but it is so wonderful to hear Jake is doing well.  Praying it only gets better from here,

Cheri

snow white
                                Participant

YAY!  I am so happy to hear that Jake is doing well.

xo Jen

Becky
                                  Participant

Kerri

This sounds like great news…and I know everyone here loves to hear the good and the bad…please keep updating!

I have been coming to this board for guidance since 2009. The losses are heartbreaking…but for me, as a Mom, the losses of young people…Jenna who was only 20 and was in college with my son, sweet Kevin, Artie, I know there have been others…are the most devastating.

I also understand…as the parent of a young adult with melanoma…we can no longer make decisions for them like when they were little..we an only stand by and love them..and I know you do that well.

Hugs to you

Becky

Momofjake
                                      Participant

Becky,

Them being in charge is a doubled edged sword. Good and bad. I wasn't sure Jake would make 18…he will be 20 in May!! It's been the hardest 30 months of our lives, but I have hope!! I pray your child is well! 

Thank you,

kerri

TexMelanomex
                                      Participant

MomofJake,

That is great news! Although we don't know each other, you were one of the first to reply when I made my first post. You, Jake and your family are in my prayers…Go Jake!!

"Tex"

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics