The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Its right around the corner

Forums General Melanoma Community Its right around the corner

Participant

I haven’t been checking in lately but I thought I would post an update on my current status.  I have now completed 35 months on Zelboraf, PET scans still showing no activity and my doctor is convinced what shows up on the CT scan is just scar tissue.  I no longer stress as much when I go for new scans (except for fighting the morning traffic getting into New York City).

I haven’t been checking in lately but I thought I would post an update on my current status.  I have now completed 35 months on Zelboraf, PET scans still showing no activity and my doctor is convinced what shows up on the CT scan is just scar tissue.  I no longer stress as much when I go for new scans (except for fighting the morning traffic getting into New York City).

I continue to have some problems with my bilirubin though.  I’m reduced to 720mg twice a day and I’ll have my fingers crossed for good blood work at next check-up; it was up a little last time and I hope it was due to some over the counter cold medicine I was taking.

March 3rd will be three years on Zelboraf!

Dick

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

That is so incredible! I feel like we should all have a party to celebrate smiley

So glad things are continuing to go so well!

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

That is so incredible! I feel like we should all have a party to celebrate smiley

Tina

Tina D
            Participant

Tina

JakeinNY
              Participant

Congratulations Dick!

Keep up the good work and keep posting after your scans.

Dr. Pavlick and her Nurse Practitioners are great people, aren't they?

JakeinNY
                Participant

Congratulations Dick!

JakeinNY
                  Participant

Congratulations Dick!

aldakota22
                    Participant

Way to go Dick.Like you I am responding Super to "Z".This month i get scans and see Dr. Pavaluck.Hopefully another 6 month refill for "Z".I am into treatment for 17 months as of Feb. 10th.Feeling fantastic and thanking God everyday for it.Still think of the recent losses of MRF members and those who have much harder time fighting this f__king desease.Praying that each and everyone here  complete victory.Keeping my PMA .Beat the Beast .Al

PS :  Happy to see your posts.

JakeinNY
                        Participant

"Pavaluck". That's a good one, Al.

She is a great woman…..extremely down to earth, straight shooter…..I can't say enough about how great it is to deal with her. I wish that other physicians could see her at work!!!

JakeinNY
                          Participant

She is a great woman…..extremely down to earth, straight shooter…..I can't say enough about how great it is to deal with her. I wish that other physicians could see her at work!!!

JakeinNY
                            Participant

aldakota22
                            Participant

Way to go Dick.Like you I am responding Super to "Z".This month i get scans and see Dr. Pavaluck.Hopefully another 6 month refill for "Z".I am into treatment for 17 months as of Feb. 10th.Feeling fantastic and thanking God everyday for it.Still think of the recent losses of MRF members and those who have much harder time fighting this f__king desease.Praying that each and everyone here  complete victory.Keeping my PMA .Beat the Beast .Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

H555
                                Participant
                                  I love reading these posts. I’m waiting to hear how my 9 month scans went. See the onc next wed and while I wish it were otherwise it will be a twitchy 5 days till then I’m so keeping my hopes that ill continue to respond like you Dick and Al and other longer term zelboraf patients
                                  H555
                                  Participant
                                    I love reading these posts. I’m waiting to hear how my 9 month scans went. See the onc next wed and while I wish it were otherwise it will be a twitchy 5 days till then I’m so keeping my hopes that ill continue to respond like you Dick and Al and other longer term zelboraf patients
                                    H555
                                    Participant
                                      awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                        Great job Dick! I always appreciate you taking the time to post!

Amy

awillett1991
                                        Participant

Amy

awillett1991
                                          Participant

Amy

Kellie-T
                                            Participant

Dick,

I speak of you often regarding your 3-year mark. I'm shortly coming up on one year of taking Zelboraf. I have scans on February 5th so as always hoping for the same news as the last time. No evidence of metastatic disease present. The scan anxiety has gotten better but anytime it is coupled with a brain MRI I tend to freak a bit. I'm am so happy to read your and Al's posts. I also love to read in my clinic notes "complete response".  Keep fighting and living life. I know I am.

Take care!

Kellie-T
                                              Participant

Dick,

I speak of you often regarding your 3-year mark. I'm shortly coming up on one year of taking Zelboraf. I have scans on February 5th so as always hoping for the same news as the last time. No evidence of metastatic disease present. The scan anxiety has gotten better but anytime it is coupled with a brain MRI I tend to freak a bit. I'm am so happy to read your and Al's posts. I also love to read in my clinic notes "complete response".  Keep fighting and living life. I know I am.

Take care!

NYKaren
                                                  Participant
                                                    You go, Dick! Fantastic news and thank you for sharing it.
                                                    Party at Penn Station?
                                                    Karen
                                                    NYKaren
                                                    Participant
                                                      Party at Penn Station?
                                                      Karen
                                                      NYKaren
                                                      Participant
                                                        Party at Penn Station?
                                                        Karen
                                                      Kellie-T
                                                      Participant

Dick,

Take care!

Linny
                                                        Participant

Congratulations, Dick!!!! laugh

Linny
                                                          Participant

Linny
                                                            Participant

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics