The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Itchy rash

Forums General Melanoma Community Itchy rash

Participant
      Why do problems develop on Sunday morning?!

Backstory: a week after my first Ketruda I developed a rash. Since then they’ve given me an allergy medicine in my IVs, and everything was fine.

Now I’m almost five weeks out from my most recent Keytruda. We’ve had to put off the next treatment, because I caught a cold that developed into bronchitis. I took antibiotics for that. Finished them on Friday.

And now I’m covered in an itchy rash! Two days since antibiotics, five weeks since Keytruda… what is causing it this time? The rash is similar, but last time it was just on my hands and feet. Now it’s everywhere.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Bless your heart!!! So sorry for all that you are dealing with. I would suspect you are having an allergic reaction to your antibiotic. BUT!!! Rashes are something that can only be diagnosed in person! So I hope you can call and see your doc for a quick peek first thing in the am. Hope you are feeling much better and rash free very soon! celeste
          MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Yeeha! Welcome to the Great Big World of Immunal Therapy! Rashes are on the list of possible side effects so, your not alone, its been reported by thousands & thoudands of folks before you!! They’ll get you back on your Keytruda, remember, studies show, once your body has been “saturated” (a few infusions in) Pembrolizumab (Keytruda) is still programming your immune systems “Soldiers” to stay fighting them evil tumors!!.. your right on schedule, little set backs will occure dont worry!!!!
            MelMel
            Participant
              I developed a measles like rash throughout my entire torso about 35-40 days into the therapy. Initially, it was very itchy for about a week or so, eventually it just remained there. After a few weeks, it went away on it’s own however, I also developed three days of evening only fevers. I was on dual therapy at the time.
              Hoping for a quick resolution to your rash.
              Melanie
          Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics