The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ipilmumab

Forums General Melanoma Community ipilmumab

Participant

I am back again.  Does anyone know how to get ipilimumab in Nebraska?  They have quit treating me as they think the chemos that will do any good will be too hard on the heart. I have had heart disease for 40+ yrs. and heart is not in good shape.  Maybe this ipil will do the job. Tumors are growing. Maybe the side effects of ipili will not affect my heart.  The FDA is taking a long time in approving it, it seems. Thanks.

I am back again.  Does anyone know how to get ipilimumab in Nebraska?  They have quit treating me as they think the chemos that will do any good will be too hard on the heart. I have had heart disease for 40+ yrs. and heart is not in good shape.  Maybe this ipil will do the job. Tumors are growing. Maybe the side effects of ipili will not affect my heart.  The FDA is taking a long time in approving it, it seems. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jim Breitfeller
        Participant

You are going to need to go to a major Melanoma Care Center to recieve Ipi compassionate care.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00495066?term=melanoma+Ipilimumab&recr=Open&rank=8&show_locs=Y#locn

United States, Nebraska
          Creighton University Recruiting
          Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68131
          Contact: Peter Silberstein, Site 123     402-280-3432        

United States, Kansas
          Hutchinson Clinic Recruiting
          Hutchinson, Kansas, United States, 67502

United States, Colorado
          University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Pavilion Recruiting
          Aurora, Colorado, United States, 80045
          Contact: William A. Robinson, Site 015     720-848-0561        
          Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers Recruiting
          Denver, Colorado, United States, 80218
          jim Breitfeller
          Participant

You are going to need to go to a major Melanoma Care Center to recieve Ipi compassionate care.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00495066?term=melanoma+Ipilimumab&recr=Open&rank=8&show_locs=Y#locn

United States, Nebraska
            Creighton University Recruiting
            Omaha, Nebraska, United States, 68131
            Contact: Peter Silberstein, Site 123     402-280-3432        

United States, Kansas
            Hutchinson Clinic Recruiting
            Hutchinson, Kansas, United States, 67502

United States, Colorado
            University of Colorado Anschutz Cancer Pavilion Recruiting
            Aurora, Colorado, United States, 80045
            Contact: William A. Robinson, Site 015     720-848-0561        
            Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers Recruiting
            Denver, Colorado, United States, 80218
            lhaley
            Participant

Charles,

I know that you can get ippi at places that are not on that list! 

I know of 2 oncologists that are offering the compassionate care in SC that are not on the list that someone just posted for you!  Both are not at major medical centers.  I don't know where you can find out in Nebraska but my suggestion is to either contact the company directly to ask or e-mail Tim at this site and see if he knows.

Another thought is to change your heading and post again. Something like Ippi in Nebraska?  Someone posted the other day about being in the trial. Not sure if it was at one of the major cancer centers or not.

Wishing you the best,

Linda

lhaley
              Participant

Charles,

I know that you can get ippi at places that are not on that list! 

I know of 2 oncologists that are offering the compassionate care in SC that are not on the list that someone just posted for you!  Both are not at major medical centers.  I don't know where you can find out in Nebraska but my suggestion is to either contact the company directly to ask or e-mail Tim at this site and see if he knows.

Another thought is to change your heading and post again. Something like Ippi in Nebraska?  Someone posted the other day about being in the trial. Not sure if it was at one of the major cancer centers or not.

Wishing you the best,

Linda

Jackie W
                Participant

Creighton University is offering ipi.  The contact person is Peter Silberstein, phone number is 402-280-3432.  

Jackie W

Nebr78
                    Participant

I tried Creighton Un.   They won't touch me.  The lump in front of ear is starting to hurt quite a bit now.  Keep eating pain pills.

Can anyone tell me how big these bumps get.   Do they get real big and burst or what.  My family Dr. recommended I not have it cut out.  Lot of nerves in face and will look deformed.  Lump in lymp node growing but not much pain associated with that one.  However once in awhile I have pain in back of arm pit.  Lump is in front.  Sure is discouraging when you can't treat one illness because you have another one. (Heart)  I suppose if FDA ever approves ipili Dr.will not give it to me because of side effects.

jim Breitfeller
                      Participant

You might ask your doctor about

Topical Imiquimod in the Treatment

of Metastatic Melanoma to Skin.

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/139/3/273.pdf

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/540908_3

jim Breitfeller
                        Participant

You might ask your doctor about

Topical Imiquimod in the Treatment

of Metastatic Melanoma to Skin.

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/139/3/273.pdf

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/540908_3

Nebr78
                          Participant

I tried Creighton Un.   They won't touch me.  The lump in front of ear is starting to hurt quite a bit now.  Keep eating pain pills.

Can anyone tell me how big these bumps get.   Do they get real big and burst or what.  My family Dr. recommended I not have it cut out.  Lot of nerves in face and will look deformed.  Lump in lymp node growing but not much pain associated with that one.  However once in awhile I have pain in back of arm pit.  Lump is in front.  Sure is discouraging when you can't treat one illness because you have another one. (Heart)  I suppose if FDA ever approves ipili Dr.will not give it to me because of side effects.

Jackie W
                          Participant

Creighton University is offering ipi.  The contact person is Peter Silberstein, phone number is 402-280-3432.  

Jackie W

Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics