The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi / Yervoy response! Tumors shrinking.

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi / Yervoy response! Tumors shrinking.

Participant

I went to St Louis today for my first post-ipi PET/CT. Scans show the main tumor shrunk from 3.6cm to 2.1cm. Dr L is very pleased with this response. We will rescan in 2 months. Meanwhile, my endocrine issues are steadying out a little. Prednisone decreased to 20/day.

It is amazing to still be alive, it truly is. I am so thankful. We are rejoicing this fine evening and first day of spring ( even though it is below freezing here in St Louis!). 

Tina

I went to St Louis today for my first post-ipi PET/CT. Scans show the main tumor shrunk from 3.6cm to 2.1cm. Dr L is very pleased with this response. We will rescan in 2 months. Meanwhile, my endocrine issues are steadying out a little. Prednisone decreased to 20/day.

It is amazing to still be alive, it truly is. I am so thankful. We are rejoicing this fine evening and first day of spring ( even though it is below freezing here in St Louis!). 

Tina

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Way to go Tina.So very happy seeing your positve post.It is wonderful to be alive.Keep that PMA going strong.Freezing up here in N.E. also.In my prayers.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Way to go Tina.So very happy seeing your positve post.It is wonderful to be alive.Keep that PMA going strong.Freezing up here in N.E. also.In my prayers.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
            Participant

awillett1991
              Participant
                Yay! Many congrats and well deserved good news for a truly valiant warrior who has been through so much!

Amy

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Yay! Many congrats and well deserved good news for a truly valiant warrior who has been through so much!

Amy

awillett1991
                  Participant

Amy

Hstevens0072
                    Participant
                      That is wonderful news! I’m so happy for you.
                      Holly
                      Hstevens0072
                      Participant
                        Holly
                        Hstevens0072
                        Participant
                          Holly
                          Amanda
                          Participant

Wooohooo!!!! awesome news!!  so happy for you and your family!  I know how you're feeling right now as my bf's tumors are shrinking from pd-1.  We are also enjoying spring right now!  : )  cheers.

-Amanda

Amanda
                            Participant

Wooohooo!!!! awesome news!!  so happy for you and your family!  I know how you're feeling right now as my bf's tumors are shrinking from pd-1.  We are also enjoying spring right now!  : )  cheers.

-Amanda

Amanda
                              Participant

-Amanda

randallgford
                                Participant

Fabulous news!! My husband has had 1 treatment, we are praying !!

When I awake in the middle of the night and see a positive post like yours

it makes my day (plus gets me back to sleep lol).

I noticed in your profile you are a Miami Dolphins fan? we live in fort

lauderdale and are huge fans as well.

randallgford
                                  Participant

randallgford
                                    Participant

Tina D
                                        Participant

I am so glad it was a timely and encouraging post for you. Praying for a great response for your husband, as well!

I grew up in Jupiter & have remained a Fins fan even as we moved around to VA, TX and now Indiana 🙂  .

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

I am so glad it was a timely and encouraging post for you. Praying for a great response for your husband, as well!

I grew up in Jupiter & have remained a Fins fan even as we moved around to VA, TX and now Indiana 🙂  .

Tina

Tina D
                                            Participant

Tina

randallgford
                                            Participant

randallgford
                                              Participant

randallgford
                                                Participant

Brendan
                                                  Participant

Congratulations, Tina!  Incredible news.  Thanks for starting my day off on such a happy note!

Good luck and God bless.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                    Participant

Congratulations, Tina!  Incredible news.  Thanks for starting my day off on such a happy note!

Good luck and God bless.

Brendan

Brendan
                                                      Participant

Good luck and God bless.

Brendan

Erinmay22
                                                          Participant

yay!!!  So glad to hear Tina!  

Erin

Erinmay22
                                                            Participant

Erin

Erinmay22
                                                              Participant

Erin

bigb0624
                                                              Participant

Tina,

Great news!  I had my 3rd infusion on Tues. and i am experiencing a little itching so far.  Dr. L is great and we are in great hands.  I pray for your continued good results and hope we both hear the R word soon.  By the way, winter storm watch for St. Louis on Sunday with 2-4 inches of snow.  Has not been a great spring so far.  Keep up the great work.

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                Participant

Tina,

Great news!  I had my 3rd infusion on Tues. and i am experiencing a little itching so far.  Dr. L is great and we are in great hands.  I pray for your continued good results and hope we both hear the R word soon.  By the way, winter storm watch for St. Louis on Sunday with 2-4 inches of snow.  Has not been a great spring so far.  Keep up the great work.

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                  Participant

Tina,

Barry

Janet Lee
                                                                    Participant

I am very happy to hear of this news also! Congratulations and, like you say, it's amazing how we now appreciate every little thing in every little day to have our loved ones still with us, fighting this horrific disease.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                                                                      Participant

I am very happy to hear of this news also! Congratulations and, like you say, it's amazing how we now appreciate every little thing in every little day to have our loved ones still with us, fighting this horrific disease.

Janet Lee

Janet Lee
                                                                        Participant

Janet Lee

bigb0624
                                                                          Participant

Tina,

How did you know you had "endocrine" issues (what were your symptoms)?  Did you have any other side effects from the IPPI?

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                            Participant

Tina,

How did you know you had "endocrine" issues (what were your symptoms)?  Did you have any other side effects from the IPPI?

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                              Participant

Tina,

Barry

Tina D
                                                                                  Participant

Barry,

We could absolutely not say enough good about Dr L! I feel so blessed to be able to go there for my care.

You asked about endocrine symptoms and side effects. I had absolutely none after the first tx ( like many people), sometime after the 2nd I developed a fine rash that was somewhat itchy, but really not a big deal at all. It was on my arms, trunk and legs. The day after my 3rd treatment, I got a headache ( rare for me). That headache progressively got worse until it was constant. The main pain was right at the crown of my head, but felt deep, and then it also traveled to my ears and eyes, and sometimes forehead. It caused great light sensitivity ( so that even with my eyes closed if there was a small light on I would get shooting pains in my eyes and head), and at times it caused nausea and vomiting. Pretty bad. I was put on a couple different things to try for the headache and nothing helped one bit. Also, had a brain MRI during that time that was normal. When it was time for my 4th treatment, the headache remained intense. More labs were done and my pituitary hormones were found to be very low ( just the ones from the anterior piruitary affecting the thyroid and adrenals). I also started having diarrhea that day, but only had to take one dose of immodiium.At that point, the 4th treatment was deemed unecessary and I was started on 60mg of prednisone. They are slowly tapering the prednisone, and currently I am down to 20mg. The headache went away the very next morning after starting the prednisone, and the diarrhea went away, as well.YAY! JoAnne has regular conversations with me, and keeps constant updates if I have any problems or changes. I have had a handful of days since starting the ipi that I had pretty good fatigue, but other than that, and the headache, I have felt great!! How are you doing thus far?

We live in SW Indiana, which is 3 – 3 1/2  hrs travel to get there, depending on the traffic at the bridge going over to St Louis. We always stay over the night after appts, and that makes the drive home quite relaxing, as well. FINALLY got to do a little touring around after this last appt and enjoyed an afternoon at the Science museum. We plan to take a couple days at some point and bring the kids over to "see St Louis".

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                    Participant

Barry,

We could absolutely not say enough good about Dr L! I feel so blessed to be able to go there for my care.

You asked about endocrine symptoms and side effects. I had absolutely none after the first tx ( like many people), sometime after the 2nd I developed a fine rash that was somewhat itchy, but really not a big deal at all. It was on my arms, trunk and legs. The day after my 3rd treatment, I got a headache ( rare for me). That headache progressively got worse until it was constant. The main pain was right at the crown of my head, but felt deep, and then it also traveled to my ears and eyes, and sometimes forehead. It caused great light sensitivity ( so that even with my eyes closed if there was a small light on I would get shooting pains in my eyes and head), and at times it caused nausea and vomiting. Pretty bad. I was put on a couple different things to try for the headache and nothing helped one bit. Also, had a brain MRI during that time that was normal. When it was time for my 4th treatment, the headache remained intense. More labs were done and my pituitary hormones were found to be very low ( just the ones from the anterior piruitary affecting the thyroid and adrenals). I also started having diarrhea that day, but only had to take one dose of immodiium.At that point, the 4th treatment was deemed unecessary and I was started on 60mg of prednisone. They are slowly tapering the prednisone, and currently I am down to 20mg. The headache went away the very next morning after starting the prednisone, and the diarrhea went away, as well.YAY! JoAnne has regular conversations with me, and keeps constant updates if I have any problems or changes. I have had a handful of days since starting the ipi that I had pretty good fatigue, but other than that, and the headache, I have felt great!! How are you doing thus far?

We live in SW Indiana, which is 3 – 3 1/2  hrs travel to get there, depending on the traffic at the bridge going over to St Louis. We always stay over the night after appts, and that makes the drive home quite relaxing, as well. FINALLY got to do a little touring around after this last appt and enjoyed an afternoon at the Science museum. We plan to take a couple days at some point and bring the kids over to "see St Louis".

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                      Participant

Barry,

Tina

bigb0624
                                                                                        Participant

Tina,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Your explanation was great and i appreciate it.  So far after 3 infusions i have had some fatigue and some itching and mild rash.  Benadryl & Clairiton have helped.  My 4th infusion is April 9th so we will see what happens in the next 2 1/2 weeks as far as side effects.

If you do visit St. Louis i would like to meet you and your family.  We have some great attractions here for your kids and you.  Our zoo is one of the best (and it is free), we have the Magic House, City Museum, Top of the Arch, etc. and the Cardinals.  If you need any assistance with regard to visiting here let me know.  By the way, are you near Peru, In.?  My ex-wife use to live there.

Have a great day and the best to you,

Barry

Tina D
                                                                                          Participant

Barry, That would be great… we would love to meet you! I looked up Peru, and it is north of Indy a little. We are a couple hours from there, down in the SW corner of the state. 

Tina

bigb0624
                                                                                            Participant

Wait until the snow melts before coming here. We had 10 inches of snow yesterday and it's spring?  When you come to St. Lou let me know.  My email is [email protected].

Stay positive and keep up the good work.  I'll tell Joann we have met on the MRF website. Keep up the good work.

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                                              Participant

Wait until the snow melts before coming here. We had 10 inches of snow yesterday and it's spring?  When you come to St. Lou let me know.  My email is [email protected].

Stay positive and keep up the good work.  I'll tell Joann we have met on the MRF website. Keep up the good work.

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                                                Participant

Barry

Tina D
                                                                                                  Participant

Barry, That would be great… we would love to meet you! I looked up Peru, and it is north of Indy a little. We are a couple hours from there, down in the SW corner of the state. 

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                    Participant

Tina

bigb0624
                                                                                                      Participant

Tina,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Your explanation was great and i appreciate it.  So far after 3 infusions i have had some fatigue and some itching and mild rash.  Benadryl & Clairiton have helped.  My 4th infusion is April 9th so we will see what happens in the next 2 1/2 weeks as far as side effects.

If you do visit St. Louis i would like to meet you and your family.  We have some great attractions here for your kids and you.  Our zoo is one of the best (and it is free), we have the Magic House, City Museum, Top of the Arch, etc. and the Cardinals.  If you need any assistance with regard to visiting here let me know.  By the way, are you near Peru, In.?  My ex-wife use to live there.

Barry

bigb0624
                                                                                                        Participant

Tina,

Barry

NYKaren
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Hello Tina,
                                                                                                          Great news, I’m so happy for you!
                                                                                                          Karen
                                                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Hello Tina,
                                                                                                            Karen
                                                                                                            NYKaren
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Hello Tina,
                                                                                                              Karen
                                                                                                          Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics