The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi – reporting my side effects

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi – reporting my side effects

Participant

As of this Friday, it will be 3 weeks since my first ipi treatment.  Today I have noticed a rash across my upper chest as well as on my face (across cheek bones). My face is very warm and looks a bit sunburnt. My stomach has also been gurgling, but nothing other than that.  Hopefully this is all a good sign. Blood work and next ipi treatment next week.

Lisa – Stage 4 – lung mets

As of this Friday, it will be 3 weeks since my first ipi treatment.  Today I have noticed a rash across my upper chest as well as on my face (across cheek bones). My face is very warm and looks a bit sunburnt. My stomach has also been gurgling, but nothing other than that.  Hopefully this is all a good sign. Blood work and next ipi treatment next week.

Lisa – Stage 4 – lung mets

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        lyndaloo
        Participant

Thanks for sharing Lisa, I have been thinking about you and hoping that the ipi kicks in and starts to work!!

lyndaloo
          Participant

Thanks for sharing Lisa, I have been thinking about you and hoping that the ipi kicks in and starts to work!!

nicoli
            Participant

Thanks for sharing. I am waiting for my braf  test results and know my option of ipi if negative. Hoping and praying you respond completely to ipi!

Nicki, stage 4, scalp, lung, adrenal

nicoli
              Participant

Thanks for sharing. I am waiting for my braf  test results and know my option of ipi if negative. Hoping and praying you respond completely to ipi!

Nicki, stage 4, scalp, lung, adrenal

mclaus23
                Participant

From what I read and hear sounds like it is a response indicating it's working!

This is great news Lisa! I will continue to pray for you

My dad will go for his second ipi next week too!

Maggie

Lisa13
                    Participant

Thanks everyone!

I did ask my Dr if the symptoms meant the drug is working. He said that it's not an indication it's working on the disease, but indicates my immune system is responding. You just have to hope the immune system continues to respond and work how it's supposed to.

Best of luck with your Dad Maggie.

Lisa 

Lisa13
                      Participant

Thanks everyone!

I did ask my Dr if the symptoms meant the drug is working. He said that it's not an indication it's working on the disease, but indicates my immune system is responding. You just have to hope the immune system continues to respond and work how it's supposed to.

Best of luck with your Dad Maggie.

Lisa 

mclaus23
                      Participant

From what I read and hear sounds like it is a response indicating it's working!

This is great news Lisa! I will continue to pray for you

My dad will go for his second ipi next week too!

Maggie

AlanM
                        Participant
                          Sounds like your immune system is revving up and that is a good thing! Best of luck to you.
                          Alan
                          AlanM
                          Participant
                            Sounds like your immune system is revving up and that is a good thing! Best of luck to you.
                            Alan
                        Viewing 7 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics