The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

I report it all! Important info on NKTR-214 – the PIVOT trial…

Forums General Melanoma Community I report it all! Important info on NKTR-214 – the PIVOT trial…

• Replies
      BillB
      Participant
        Hi Celeste, wishing you a great holiday weekend too!
        Bill
        kentuckycat
        Participant
          Les,
          You have been through a lot. That has given you perspective. Your medical background has given you expertise. Your genuine heart has given you kindness and empathy. Thank you for speaking the truth. It is very beneficial for many of us on our melanoma journey. You are positively impacting many lives. Thank you!
            Coragirl
            Participant
              Celeste, you are the bomb! Thanks for everything.
            Johnjk04
            Participant
              YOU GO LES !!!!!! All the power to you. Amen.
              Baby_Girl
              Participant
                Thank you for all your research and knowledge!! With out you or Ed sharing the research through this forum I would not have the knowledge I do to understand this disease, the treatment, and the options that are available.
                sing123
                Participant
                  Celeste, so grateful for your VERY selfless participation and knowledge-sharing on this forum. I cannot adequately express how much your feedback has meant to me in this complicated journey.

Big hugs to you and hope that you are doing ok and feeling better soon as you work through your own condition.

Scooby123
                  Participant
                    Hi Celeste,
                    You have been through so much and always fighting strong. Giving information when needed. I thank you with all my heart for your support when I have needed it plus all friends on this site.
                    SCOOBY
                    XX
                    Hukill
                    Participant
                      I have been on this site for 3 years and you are probably the only person that I believe what you post. I don’t research what you post, I take it as accurate information. When I tell others about this site your the only name I mention as a person who has a great deal of knowledge about melanoma and it’s treatment. I hope you continue to call people out who need to be called out.
                      BillMFl
                      Participant
                        Wow! I remember you when you first came on board. What a journey you have been on! This board has always benefited from folks like you who have learned so much on their journey and take the time to share. So much has changed since I was a regular here. So many more treatment options! Back in the day there was surgery, Interferon and poison cocktails of chemo and not much else. I am an advocate of diet and exercise for improving overall health, but not as a cure. I am so pleased to hear how advanced mm patients are seeing results that just were not available a few years ago. Thank you for being such a strong advocate for others in need of information and hope.
                        MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Awwww! Stop making this former ex-con, drug guzzling now Melanoma stricken fool teary eyed! Celeste, you are Fab-U-Luss! In every way really, you bring so much to the MRF roundtable & your doing so AFTER your victory against Mel, as you know, alotta folks disappear after their deemed NED (dont blame em one bit!!) , not everyone, we have folks check in still…
                          Bubs you rock! I love your witty journalism of Chaos in the Life & Times of Celeste McBubbles! We love you & now lets kick this “next” BS you have going on in the Ass!! Hugs and more hugs & cyber hugs!
                          jbronicki
                          Participant
                            Hi Les, Celeste, and Bubbles (I think of you as all three at once!)

Sorry, I’m late in replying, but wanted to make sure I did. First, your body of evidence and your advocacy never have to be justified on here. Your years of dedicated work speaks for itself and you are so valued. I know we have some hard discussions on this board about alternative approaches, and I know we don’t have all the answers, and its difficult to speak our concerns about these issues but you have ABSOLUTELY always approached these with the utmost integrity and intentions of truly supporting the patients going through this horrendous disease. Your breath of knowledge is undeniable coupled with a beautiful righteous anger on the patients behalf. II’ll say this as well, you can definitely apply the smell test to some of these and any small amount of critical thought tells us some of these are bogus. We all have to provide our own critical thought as well. I’ll give you my biggest compliment: If I ever get a diagnosis, there is no one else I would want or trust to be with me in the office than you. It’s not even a second thought. We are lucky to get you virtually! love and hugs, thanks for taking the heat for us, I know it takes a toll sometimes.

Charlie S
                            Participant
                              You are the Rascal are you not?

Of all the people here that have bitch slapped and gently nudged people to empower themselves with knowledge, education, research and brains, you stand far and above any of those that have posted over my years since 1996 on this board;.

You hold a singular , measured, educated, informed and outspoken voice with a silent scream that I hear, and hope others do as well.

So. if I may, and in deference to your husband; offer a gentle………………nah, make that a big sloppy sloppy kiss on your cheek.

You have made a world of difference here Miss Melanoma Brainiac and do not forget that.

Support , I have found is a lonely road.

Charlie S

MelanomaMike
                                Participant
                                  Haha…love your post for Bubbles!
                                MelMel
                                Participant
                                  Thank you for all your dedicated and hard work over the years. It seems we know a lot yet there is so much more to learn. I guess the following two Socrates quotes resonate with me:
                                  “The only thing I truly know…..is that I know nothing.”
                                  ” I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think.”
                                  Melanie
                              Viewing 11 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics