The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Humble apologies, many thanks

Forums General Melanoma Community Humble apologies, many thanks

Participant

Hi everyone-  I want to apologize for my previous post. I replied on it too but wanted to make a new post in case people don't go back that far.  Thank you for your posts particularly Ed, momof4boys, starts, debwray, snow white, bubbles…I took them to heart. 

I really need this online community.  Maybe I needed my little meltdown, too.  Thank you for reaching out to me and supporting me through it.  I have gotten so much and learned really everything I know about melanoma from the resources provided here.  You are all remarkable people. 

We are strangers walking along the same path, sharing our experiences, bumping into each other at times, pulling each other up when we fall.  Thanks for not leaving me laying there amongst the autumn leaves.

Much love and gratitude

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mamapegela
        Participant

I DID NOT mean to post anon…. 

Peggy

Mamapegela
          Participant

Peggy

Mamapegela
            Participant

Peggy

Mamapegela
              Participant

I wish there were editing abilities on this site.. I cannot seem to do anything right..'sigh'

Mamapegela
                Participant

I wish there were editing abilities on this site.. I cannot seem to do anything right..'sigh'

Mamapegela
                  Participant

Bubbles
                    Participant

Hey Peggy!

Seeing you back just gave my day a lovely lift! If you can deal with melanoma and have only one melt down, you are a better woman than I am, sister! I think you are doing a great deal 'right'!! Hang in there and have a great day!

Love, c

Bubbles
                      Participant

Hey Peggy!

Seeing you back just gave my day a lovely lift! If you can deal with melanoma and have only one melt down, you are a better woman than I am, sister! I think you are doing a great deal 'right'!! Hang in there and have a great day!

Love, c

Bubbles
                        Participant

Hey Peggy!

Love, c

imgonnabeatthis
                          Participant

Peggy,

I'm brand new to this.  I just wanted to say thanks.  My meltdowns are frequent.  It actually helps to see that I'm not alone in my frustrations.  Stay strong.

Matt

imgonnabeatthis
                            Participant

Peggy,

I'm brand new to this.  I just wanted to say thanks.  My meltdowns are frequent.  It actually helps to see that I'm not alone in my frustrations.  Stay strong.

Matt

imgonnabeatthis
                              Participant

Peggy,

Matt

debwray
                                Participant

Hi Peggy,

Glad to see you back and hope the autumn colours were fab for you. We are all struggling with this in our own ways and you are right the support and first hand knowledge is brilliant.

NIce to get a name check- and yes I went anon for a bit before we broke the stage iv progression news to the family.

So hard to do when dealing with your own pain……

Deb

debwray
                                  Participant

Hi Peggy,

Glad to see you back and hope the autumn colours were fab for you. We are all struggling with this in our own ways and you are right the support and first hand knowledge is brilliant.

NIce to get a name check- and yes I went anon for a bit before we broke the stage iv progression news to the family.

Deb

debwray
                                    Participant

Hi Peggy,

Deb

snow white
                                      Participant

Hi Peggy,

So glad to see you back on here.  This is all so new and frustrating, but knowing that we have somewhere to go and ask questions and get support is priceless!  I am glad I could be of help to you.  Hang in there, I have noticed that things really do get better once there is a plan in place and you have something to focus on other that all of the un-known's.

πŸ™‚

snow white
                                        Participant

Hi Peggy,

So glad to see you back on here.  This is all so new and frustrating, but knowing that we have somewhere to go and ask questions and get support is priceless!  I am glad I could be of help to you.  Hang in there, I have noticed that things really do get better once there is a plan in place and you have something to focus on other that all of the un-known's.

πŸ™‚

snow white
                                          Participant

Hi Peggy,

πŸ™‚

Polymath
                                            Participant

Welcome back Peggy.  Life's lessons come in many shapes and forms.  You reminded me that my "matter of fact" tone can come across as condescending and it was a wake-up call to check a "know-it-all" attitude at the door.  Thanks for the reminder, and as you know now, words can be a little cold on the page, without the nuance's of vis a vis conversation.  However the style, everyone here is trying to help, in whatever way they can.  Best to you in the battle.

Gary

Polymath
                                              Participant

Welcome back Peggy.  Life's lessons come in many shapes and forms.  You reminded me that my "matter of fact" tone can come across as condescending and it was a wake-up call to check a "know-it-all" attitude at the door.  Thanks for the reminder, and as you know now, words can be a little cold on the page, without the nuance's of vis a vis conversation.  However the style, everyone here is trying to help, in whatever way they can.  Best to you in the battle.

Gary

Polymath
                                                Participant

Gary

ed williams
                                                  Participant

Hi Anon, I mean Peggy (Melanoma Humor) Welcome back to the most "Interesting" family that I have ever been part of. Ed

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

Amen, my favorite mouse! C

Bubbles
                                                        Participant

Bubbles
                                                          Participant

ed williams
                                                            Participant

Hi Celeste, something I thought you might enjoy!!!! Go to the 12min mark and listen to Dr. Omid Hamid make my case for Mouse power!!!!Ed  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQJQhQE3dQ

ed williams
                                                              Participant

Hi Celeste, something I thought you might enjoy!!!! Go to the 12min mark and listen to Dr. Omid Hamid make my case for Mouse power!!!!Ed  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtQJQhQE3dQ

ed williams
                                                                Participant

Bubbles
                                                                  Participant

will do, sir!!  c

Bubbles
                                                                    Participant

will do, sir!!  c

Bubbles
                                                                      Participant

Awesome!!  "I'll take the mice…" too!!!!  Here's some new, new, mouse combo's you might like:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/10/killing-melanoma-in-mice-is-enhanced-in.html

Tumor-antigen-targeting antibody, IL-2, anti-PD1 AND a t cell vaccine!!  Whew!!!  Takes tough mousies in these parts!!!

Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                        Participant

Awesome!!  "I'll take the mice…" too!!!!  Here's some new, new, mouse combo's you might like:

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2016/10/killing-melanoma-in-mice-is-enhanced-in.html

Tumor-antigen-targeting antibody, IL-2, anti-PD1 AND a t cell vaccine!!  Whew!!!  Takes tough mousies in these parts!!!

Love, c

Bubbles
                                                                          Participant

Love, c

ed williams
                                                                            Participant

Hi Celeste, they forgot to throw in the kitchen sink in the second mouse trial!!!! I think that it would take a very brave mouse indeed to try that second combination. Best Wishes!!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                              Participant

Hi Celeste, they forgot to throw in the kitchen sink in the second mouse trial!!!! I think that it would take a very brave mouse indeed to try that second combination. Best Wishes!!!!Ed

ed williams
                                                                                Participant

ed williams
                                                                                  Participant

Hi Celeste, I got another little mouse clip, this time from Dr.Weber in a recent 2016 video about ipi and Nivo and the combination, side effects etc. It is a pretty good watch, if you go to the 15:30 mark you will find my little Mouse momment. Best Wishes!!!Ed   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbSCeqJpq0

Bubbles
                                                                                    Participant

Wow, Ed!  That is a great video. Had to watch the whole thing!  Thoughts:

1.  You have no idea how often I heard the exclamation, "This stuff is weird!" during my office visits.

2.  You have no idea how it feels to be in a room of incredibly smart nerds, who just leave you in the dust – until you stit through an office visit with Weber, B, and my sister.  Me….I was just the patient…hanging out!

3.  Mice!  You want mice??????  I got mice!  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2015/01/vitiligoa-good-prognostic-indicator-for.html

4.  Neither the Wizard nor B have really let go of the idea that vaccines will improve the action of immunotherapy.  My trial was nivo and peptide vaccines.  The vaccines hurt like a mother and did us no good:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/05/peptide-vaccines-do-not-trigger.html  But, they were a big reason B found the trial in the first place…back in the day. And I still hold that they will find a way to harness their power, eventually.

5.  Mice rule.  Ratties would be lost without them!!!

Much love my personal mouseketeer!!! Thanks! c

Bubbles
                                                                                      Participant

1.  You have no idea how often I heard the exclamation, "This stuff is weird!" during my office visits.

2.  You have no idea how it feels to be in a room of incredibly smart nerds, who just leave you in the dust – until you stit through an office visit with Weber, B, and my sister.  Me….I was just the patient…hanging out!

3.  Mice!  You want mice??????  I got mice!  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2015/01/vitiligoa-good-prognostic-indicator-for.html

4.  Neither the Wizard nor B have really let go of the idea that vaccines will improve the action of immunotherapy.  My trial was nivo and peptide vaccines.  The vaccines hurt like a mother and did us no good:  http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/05/peptide-vaccines-do-not-trigger.html  But, they were a big reason B found the trial in the first place…back in the day. And I still hold that they will find a way to harness their power, eventually.

Bubbles
                                                                                        Participant

ed williams
                                                                                          Participant

Hi Celeste, I got another little mouse clip, this time from Dr.Weber in a recent 2016 video about ipi and Nivo and the combination, side effects etc. It is a pretty good watch, if you go to the 15:30 mark you will find my little Mouse momment. Best Wishes!!!Ed   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysbSCeqJpq0

ed williams
                                                                                            Participant

Bubbles
                                                                                              Participant

will do, sir!!  c

Mamapegela
                                                                                                Participant

I get that!  And thanks πŸ™‚

Mamapegela
                                                                                                  Participant

Mamapegela
                                                                                                    Participant

Mamapegela
                                                                                                      Participant

I guess I deserve that πŸ™‚ and thanks!

Mamapegela
                                                                                                        Participant

Mamapegela
                                                                                                          Participant

ed williams
                                                                                                          Participant

Hi Anon, I mean Peggy (Melanoma Humor) Welcome back to the most "Interesting" family that I have ever been part of. Ed

ed williams
                                                                                                            Participant

Mamapegela
                                                                                                              Participant

So many words of wisdom and support- it is overwhelming.  Human kindness at it's finest.  Thank you again!!

Mamapegela
                                                                                                                Participant

So many words of wisdom and support- it is overwhelming.  Human kindness at it's finest.  Thank you again!!

Mamapegela
                                                                                                                  Participant

Momofjake
                                                                                                                    Participant

Peggy,

We are a tough and loyal bunch! You have us thick or thin:)

kerri–momofjake

Momofjake
                                                                                                                      Participant

Peggy,

kerri–momofjake

Momofjake
                                                                                                                        Participant

Peggy,

kerri–momofjake

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics