The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

How long do you wait for results from a pet scan

Forums General Melanoma Community How long do you wait for results from a pet scan

Participant

Hi all, Can you please give me a time scale on waiting for pet scan results. I had mine on 25/05/2017 not got results back as yet. I have called nurse yesterday not heard from her as yet. 2 weeks now .My next appointment and scans will be August but this scan was ordered due to chest lymph nodes up .

Scooby x

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        maperny
        Participant

Hi Scooby,

This is a long time I reckon.  i know you are in the UK so wait time is longer but I think this sounds long….I am  sure it is due to administration, etc.  If it makes you feel better and it would help by pushing them then go for it…  But try not to stress yourself any more than you already are.

Thinking of you

Maria

sister of patient
          Participant

Hi – Don't know if this will help but my sister's onc always makes her wait 'til next app't. before giving results from any scans (and app'ts. are 4 weeks apart now) but we've found her family doctor is always getting copied on reports too and their office is much more forth-coming when asked. Good luck and best wishes always!

Barb

Patrisa
              Participant

The same in Slovenia, my father gets results at his next appointment, so he waits for 3 long weeks…

I think if the results are in and if they would be bad, they would not wait to tell you…

hoping for some good news!

love,

Patrisa

sgreenberg
              Participant

Here is Israel up to ten working days via the public healthcare system – i.e. an ETERNITY. We found a private radiologist for just his reason. Totally worth the money.

Shannon B
                Participant

I learned early on to call the next day and say I'd like to pick up a copy of my husbands results. Would get them and read the report myself before seeing the doctor 

Scooby123
                  Participant

Thank you all for info much appreciated. 

Scooby❤️

Viewing 4 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics