The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Home in VA and scanned

Forums General Melanoma Community Home in VA and scanned

Participant

I made it safely back to Virginia (luckily) and finally got my Oct 1st scan that Dr Call in Colorado played games and delayed.  Dr Weiss (UVA) did his normal workup on 20 December and gave me his normal smile (especially after seeing my horse accident pictures).  He then told me that the radiology report said absolutely no growth in the innumerable tumors and also no new tumors.  Now to follow up with my PCP for lingering items from the accident and to see my dentist extra.  Dentist said that he cannot currently make me a lower plate because my upper and lower jaws do no

I made it safely back to Virginia (luckily) and finally got my Oct 1st scan that Dr Call in Colorado played games and delayed.  Dr Weiss (UVA) did his normal workup on 20 December and gave me his normal smile (especially after seeing my horse accident pictures).  He then told me that the radiology report said absolutely no growth in the innumerable tumors and also no new tumors.  Now to follow up with my PCP for lingering items from the accident and to see my dentist extra.  Dentist said that he cannot currently make me a lower plate because my upper and lower jaws do not line up enough for the jaw teeth to mate!  Oh well, I did learn a way to lose weight. 
      (Lost 40 pounds, now weigh less than when I was active in the Marine Corps.  Don't don't recommend losing weight this way!

JerryfromFauq Stage IV since March 2007.

Viewing 43 reply threads
    • Replies
        molly
        Participant

Jerry, great to see you posting and hear the wonderful news on your scans!! 

molly

molly
          Participant

Jerry, great to see you posting and hear the wonderful news on your scans!! 

molly

jim Breitfeller
            Participant

Jerry,

Welcome Back and Congrats on your Scans!!!!!

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
              Participant

Jerry,

Welcome Back and Congrats on your Scans!!!!!

Jimmy B

lhaley
                Participant

That is so fantastic about remaining stable. Your body has been throuh so much stress these last months yet it was also able to control the melanoma. Two miracles!!

Didn't realize you were on no solid foods. No wonder you've lost so much weight!!!

I hope your news keeps improving and they can do something about the jaws and throat also!!

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

That is so fantastic about remaining stable. Your body has been throuh so much stress these last months yet it was also able to control the melanoma. Two miracles!!

Didn't realize you were on no solid foods. No wonder you've lost so much weight!!!

I hope your news keeps improving and they can do something about the jaws and throat also!!

Linda

Jerry from Cape Cod
                    Participant

Yo Jerry,

Nice to see your back home. STABLE Holy —- what great news.  Good luck with all the other "little" things you have to deal with regarding the accident.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

Yo Jerry,

Nice to see your back home. STABLE Holy —- what great news.  Good luck with all the other "little" things you have to deal with regarding the accident.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Lori C
                        Participant

Yeay for stable scans and getting home!  I am so glad you are more or less in one piece after that accident; you had all of us pretty scared.  It seemed unreal – like someone making it home after a war and getting hit by a bus.  May you stay safe and healthy.

Lori C
                          Participant

Yeay for stable scans and getting home!  I am so glad you are more or less in one piece after that accident; you had all of us pretty scared.  It seemed unreal – like someone making it home after a war and getting hit by a bus.  May you stay safe and healthy.

dian in spokane
                            Participant

Jerry! It's great to see you and to hear your results.

Keep on ticking guy!

dian

Becky
                                Participant

Jerry, you are amazing! Great news on the scan!

Becky
                                  Participant

Jerry, you are amazing! Great news on the scan!

dian in spokane
                                  Participant

Jerry! It's great to see you and to hear your results.

Keep on ticking guy!

dian

DonW
                                    Participant

Jerry — Great news. "Too ornery to die" certainly fits you! The guy with nine lives.

How about jump-staring the chat room? It needs help.

DonW
                                      Participant

Jerry — Great news. "Too ornery to die" certainly fits you! The guy with nine lives.

How about jump-staring the chat room? It needs help.

MaryD
                                        Participant

Congratulations Jerry – you are truly a warrior and survivor!   Glad that you are back home and that you have recovered so well.

Mary

MaryD
                                          Participant

Congratulations Jerry – you are truly a warrior and survivor!   Glad that you are back home and that you have recovered so well.

Mary

Rocco
                                            Participant

Jerry,

Great to see you posting.  Congrats on the stable scans!  Stable is good!

Rocco – Stage IV

Rocco
                                              Participant

Jerry,

Great to see you posting.  Congrats on the stable scans!  Stable is good!

Rocco – Stage IV

Jim in Denver
                                                Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thank you so much for posting.  There a many of us who have been wondering how you are doing the last few months.  You have been so helpful and such a good friend to many of us, so it is wonderful to see you writing again.  Great news about your diease being stable!  Having to wait for scan results cannot have been easy for you and your family, but it sounds like the good results were worth the wait.

Your recovery from your accident has been long and difficult, but you are on tough Marine and not one to complain.  Has your vision improved any from last summer?  Hope you are feeling ok otherwise, in spite of your dental issues.  Best wishes to you and your family for 2011, and I look forward to hearing more from you as we go forward. 

Best Always,

Jim

Jim in Denver
                                                  Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thank you so much for posting.  There a many of us who have been wondering how you are doing the last few months.  You have been so helpful and such a good friend to many of us, so it is wonderful to see you writing again.  Great news about your diease being stable!  Having to wait for scan results cannot have been easy for you and your family, but it sounds like the good results were worth the wait.

Your recovery from your accident has been long and difficult, but you are on tough Marine and not one to complain.  Has your vision improved any from last summer?  Hope you are feeling ok otherwise, in spite of your dental issues.  Best wishes to you and your family for 2011, and I look forward to hearing more from you as we go forward. 

Best Always,

Jim

BethA in VA
                                                    Participant

Good news on the scans and I'm sure you are glad to be home.  I love UVA – they have been wonderful.  Keep getting better  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                      Participant

Good news on the scans and I'm sure you are glad to be home.  I love UVA – they have been wonderful.  Keep getting better  Beth 3/B

SusanE
                                                        Participant

Jerry,

GREAT to see you posting. I have missed your input, and I miss Charlie's too. I know he posts here and there but not near as much as when I first came to this board.

Are you still taking Gleevac then?

Keep up the good work. Tell Sue hi! I am glad you are feeling better, and I am very happy to hear about your good scans.

Take care! Thank you for all you have done for Jerry and our family,

Susan wife to Jerry

SusanE
                                                          Participant

Jerry,

GREAT to see you posting. I have missed your input, and I miss Charlie's too. I know he posts here and there but not near as much as when I first came to this board.

Are you still taking Gleevac then?

Keep up the good work. Tell Sue hi! I am glad you are feeling better, and I am very happy to hear about your good scans.

Take care! Thank you for all you have done for Jerry and our family,

Susan wife to Jerry

Sharyn
                                                            Participant

Wonderful news, Jerry! What a great way to start off the new year! Hope it continues!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

Sharyn
                                                              Participant

Wonderful news, Jerry! What a great way to start off the new year! Hope it continues!!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV

2atlascedars
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Hi Jerry,

I am so very happy to hear your good news. I hope this is a trend that will continue for you all year long.

I want to thank you again for your advice and support in the depths my darkest hours.

I wish you all the best of health and happiness in this new year and onward indefinitely.

Regards,
                                                                  Mark (Stage 2A) from California

2atlascedars
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Hi Jerry,

I am so very happy to hear your good news. I hope this is a trend that will continue for you all year long.

I want to thank you again for your advice and support in the depths my darkest hours.

I wish you all the best of health and happiness in this new year and onward indefinitely.

Regards,
                                                                    Mark (Stage 2A) from California

NicOz
                                                                    Participant

Good to hear from ya, sweets! "Stable"- well, that's not how I'd normally describe ya, but I'll let you get away with it this time young man πŸ˜›

Remember- stay away from animals (and idiots!) It's imperative to physical and mental health (trust me :D) Will let you know on FB when I'm heading in for the next one- it's only a matter of time, but hoping to finish school holidays before I do- OH! And for you:

(apologies if it doesn't work, BUT if it does- she's the taller one in the front row (obviously the youngest kid in the school *rolls eyes*) whose dress is becoming scarily short by the day. Pleased to say I not only got to see her first day at school, but also her first end of year concert (at which she also reveived a Principal's Award for work of a consistently high standard, and her fantastic attitude in class *puffs chest in pride*)
                                                                       If it doesn't work, I'll put it on FB for ya! πŸ™‚
                                                                      *Disclaimer: video taken by her cousin, so giggling is NOT mine- I may have snorted uncontrollably at times, but was careful not to be close to the camera when I did πŸ˜›
                                                                        NicOz
                                                                        Participant

Ok then- one would think it shouldn't be difficult to cut and paste an embed code, but apparently it was in this instance- will whack it on FB for ya, Jerry (probably shouldn't have embeded from another site, but straight from you tube, eh? Meh. Whatever πŸ˜›

Probably for the best anyway- poor kid can likely do without a bunch of people she doesn't know seeing her, eh? πŸ™‚ Here's a link but with privacy settings I may have made it obsolete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubt2jJ_hwwY

Vermont_Donna
                                                                          Participant

Dear Jerry,

So glad you are home and what a warrior you are! I just read through your history (think you ran out of room) and anyways, what a long trying ordeal. I cant even imagine having to deal with melanoma as a "hemorrhoid"!! How awful! And surgery in that area must be so sensitive, and the recovery hard. You are truly inspirational and so funny as well. It is good to keep our sense of humor throughout our trying times!

Way to go on your recent scans! Now how about horse back riding?? Staying off them for a while I hope!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                                                            Participant

Dear Jerry,

So glad you are home and what a warrior you are! I just read through your history (think you ran out of room) and anyways, what a long trying ordeal. I cant even imagine having to deal with melanoma as a "hemorrhoid"!! How awful! And surgery in that area must be so sensitive, and the recovery hard. You are truly inspirational and so funny as well. It is good to keep our sense of humor throughout our trying times!

Way to go on your recent scans! Now how about horse back riding?? Staying off them for a while I hope!!

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Becky
                                                                              Participant

Oh tht was adorable Nic! It made me cry, but I am such a sap I always cry and kids performances/graduations/whatever even when they aren't my kid! Heres to many more opportunities to watch your daughter perform!

Becky
                                                                                Participant

Oh tht was adorable Nic! It made me cry, but I am such a sap I always cry and kids performances/graduations/whatever even when they aren't my kid! Heres to many more opportunities to watch your daughter perform!

NicOz
                                                                                  Participant

Ok then- one would think it shouldn't be difficult to cut and paste an embed code, but apparently it was in this instance- will whack it on FB for ya, Jerry (probably shouldn't have embeded from another site, but straight from you tube, eh? Meh. Whatever πŸ˜›

Probably for the best anyway- poor kid can likely do without a bunch of people she doesn't know seeing her, eh? πŸ™‚ Here's a link but with privacy settings I may have made it obsolete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubt2jJ_hwwY

NicOz
                                                                                  Participant

Good to hear from ya, sweets! "Stable"- well, that's not how I'd normally describe ya, but I'll let you get away with it this time young man πŸ˜›

Remember- stay away from animals (and idiots!) It's imperative to physical and mental health (trust me :D) Will let you know on FB when I'm heading in for the next one- it's only a matter of time, but hoping to finish school holidays before I do- OH! And for you:

(apologies if it doesn't work, BUT if it does- she's the taller one in the front row (obviously the youngest kid in the school *rolls eyes*) whose dress is becoming scarily short by the day. Pleased to say I not only got to see her first day at school, but also her first end of year concert (at which she also reveived a Principal's Award for work of a consistently high standard, and her fantastic attitude in class *puffs chest in pride*)
                                                                                     If it doesn't work, I'll put it on FB for ya! πŸ™‚
                                                                                    *Disclaimer: video taken by her cousin, so giggling is NOT mine- I may have snorted uncontrollably at times, but was careful not to be close to the camera when I did πŸ˜›
                                                                                    LV
                                                                                    Participant

Jerry, I don't think there's a thing in this world that can keep you down for long. I guess there's an upside to being so hard-headed!

I hope Tanya knows how much we appreciated her posts while you were recovering. Wishing you and your family a very good 2011.

Laura

LV
                                                                                      Participant

Jerry, I don't think there's a thing in this world that can keep you down for long. I guess there's an upside to being so hard-headed!

I hope Tanya knows how much we appreciated her posts while you were recovering. Wishing you and your family a very good 2011.

Laura

James from Sydney
                                                                                        Participant

Jerry, so good to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are going well, i hope you continue to improve.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                                                                                          Participant

Jerry, so good to hear from you. I am glad to hear that you are going well, i hope you continue to improve.

best wishes

James

Cate
                                                                                            Participant

Hi Jerry,  I was so glad to see your post:)  You have been such a help to so many people, and I remember your posts to me regarding my father over the past few years.  Thank you for being here!

Cate
                                                                                              Participant

Hi Jerry,  I was so glad to see your post:)  You have been such a help to so many people, and I remember your posts to me regarding my father over the past few years.  Thank you for being here!

Rocklove
                                                                                                Participant

Great to hear from You Jerry.. and especially with good news.

Praying for you to get through this. Hopefully they can work on getting some good nutrition in your body so you don't continue to loose weight.

A lot of us praying for you.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                                                                                                  Participant

Great to hear from You Jerry.. and especially with good news.

Praying for you to get through this. Hopefully they can work on getting some good nutrition in your body so you don't continue to loose weight.

A lot of us praying for you.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Bonnie Lea
                                                                                                    Participant

OH great news Jerry my friend.   Now you must wear bubble wrap if you ever decide to ride the ponies again.  I have often told you (well maybe not actually told you)  but thought maybe I should have, gambleres never prosper, and if you thought you had a inside with those ponies, well I hate to tell you it was the wrong type of horse you mounted.  But I am so happy you are home.   It def was a LONG vacation wasnt it!

Glad your scans a fine as well, and for your toofy pegs,  well, so what…all good things come to those that wait.

Love Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
                                                                                                      Participant

OH great news Jerry my friend.   Now you must wear bubble wrap if you ever decide to ride the ponies again.  I have often told you (well maybe not actually told you)  but thought maybe I should have, gambleres never prosper, and if you thought you had a inside with those ponies, well I hate to tell you it was the wrong type of horse you mounted.  But I am so happy you are home.   It def was a LONG vacation wasnt it!

Glad your scans a fine as well, and for your toofy pegs,  well, so what…all good things come to those that wait.

Love Bonnie Lea

Jenjen
                                                                                                        Participant

So happy to hear about your scans Jerry! Good to hear you are doing well and recovering from your horrible accident. I just had my latest scan and NED stil ..so very happy about that!  Hope to catch up soon!

Jenjen 3a

Jenjen
                                                                                                          Participant

So happy to hear about your scans Jerry! Good to hear you are doing well and recovering from your horrible accident. I just had my latest scan and NED stil ..so very happy about that!  Hope to catch up soon!

Jenjen 3a

Jenjen
                                                                                                            Participant

Jenjen 3a

Jenjen
                                                                                                              Participant

Jenjen 3a

Viewing 43 reply threads
                                                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics