The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Home from surgery and Update on trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Home from surgery and Update on trial

Participant

Hip surgery went well. I stayed in the hospital from Friday till Tuesday morning. Came home on crutches and am hobbling around quite well.

I have a lot of stairs in my house so I'm pretty confined to the couch but everyday is getting better. I'm still taking pain meds every four hrs but if I sleep through them at night I don't wake up in pain, just discomfort.  Have quite a long incision on my left flank, stitches come out on the 25th.

If all looks well after the Ortho appt. I will have scans the 29th and start my redose on Nov. 1st!

Hip surgery went well. I stayed in the hospital from Friday till Tuesday morning. Came home on crutches and am hobbling around quite well.

I have a lot of stairs in my house so I'm pretty confined to the couch but everyday is getting better. I'm still taking pain meds every four hrs but if I sleep through them at night I don't wake up in pain, just discomfort.  Have quite a long incision on my left flank, stitches come out on the 25th.

If all looks well after the Ortho appt. I will have scans the 29th and start my redose on Nov. 1st!

I'm actually excited, as crazy as that sounds. I think doing it again will really zap these bastard spots out of my thyroid! And I just have to get past 8 weeks of crappiness! At least I'll be done by christmas!

Guess that's it for now! Thanks for all the support!

Kellie(from Iowa), Stage IV

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

good luck, and a speedy recovery to you.

thanks for taking the time to check in!

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
          Participant

good luck, and a speedy recovery to you.

thanks for taking the time to check in!

dian in spokane

LynnLuc
            Participant

Best of Blessings in your treatment! Stay positive!- Lynn

LynnLuc
              Participant

Best of Blessings in your treatment! Stay positive!- Lynn

King
                Participant

Kellie,

Great hearing from you.  You have an amazing attitude.  I can sure understand why you are excited to get back on your treatment.  Keep us posted.  Be careful hobbling..with your little ones (people and pets) underfoot.

Stay Strong
                  King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Kellie,

Great hearing from you.  You have an amazing attitude.  I can sure understand why you are excited to get back on your treatment.  Keep us posted.  Be careful hobbling..with your little ones (people and pets) underfoot.

Stay Strong
                    King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

himynameiskevin
                    Participant

I'm happy for you and hope you recover fast. -Kevin

himynameiskevin
                      Participant

I'm happy for you and hope you recover fast. -Kevin

lhaley
                        Participant

What a great attitude!!   Hope you recover quickly from the surgery and they can zap away the remaining mets! 

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

What a great attitude!!   Hope you recover quickly from the surgery and they can zap away the remaining mets! 

Linda

Viewing 9 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics