The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Have just appeared on TV in Australia re melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Have just appeared on TV in Australia re melanoma

Participant

Hi everyone.

I've just appeared on TV here in Australia after having my third primary melanoma removed last week.  Currently Stage 3 for 11 years.

They have these amazing new machines they are trying to raise funds for detecting melanomas and a mobile application for people living in remote places.  I am so happy to have raised awareness for this beast of a disease and supporting the researchers. 

Hi everyone.

I've just appeared on TV here in Australia after having my third primary melanoma removed last week.  Currently Stage 3 for 11 years.

They have these amazing new machines they are trying to raise funds for detecting melanomas and a mobile application for people living in remote places.  I am so happy to have raised awareness for this beast of a disease and supporting the researchers. 

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=212734718770836&oid=117386068281442&comments

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carol Taylor
        Participant

Loved it! Great job..and that camera on the IPhone was cool. Educational too. I knew the melanoma rate was really high for Australia, I didn't know you're in the world capital.

Thanks so much for sharing and doing this!

Grace and peace to you,

Carol

Carol Taylor
          Participant

Loved it! Great job..and that camera on the IPhone was cool. Educational too. I knew the melanoma rate was really high for Australia, I didn't know you're in the world capital.

Thanks so much for sharing and doing this!

Grace and peace to you,

Carol

gabsound
            Participant
              Nicky,
              I agree you did a great job. That looks like am amazing machine. It should save lots of lives and biopsies. I hate the watching and waiting, not knowing for sure which moles are bad.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
              Participant
                Nicky,
                I agree you did a great job. That looks like am amazing machine. It should save lots of lives and biopsies. I hate the watching and waiting, not knowing for sure which moles are bad.

Julie in Las Vegas

FormerCaregiver
                Participant

Congratulations on your appearance on TV! As many people will know, early diagnosis is
                  really essential. The technology that is being developed these days is incredible. Let's
                  hope that this will increase detection rates and people's awareness of this truly devious
                  cancer.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                  Participant

Congratulations on your appearance on TV! As many people will know, early diagnosis is
                    really essential. The technology that is being developed these days is incredible. Let's
                    hope that this will increase detection rates and people's awareness of this truly devious
                    cancer.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics