The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Groin – lymph dissection / thigh

Forums General Melanoma Community Groin – lymph dissection / thigh

Participant

I recall reading about someone that had a groin dissection in her right groin followed by an area in the thigh that tested positive. I have been trying to recreate where I found this but have not been successful – I have also tried narrowing the search fields but just can't recreate where I found her posting. Can anyone help? I would love to chat to find out more about her thigh. If I remember correctly, this fellow survivor did Interferon and has NED now for 9 years. Appreciate your help – thank you.

I recall reading about someone that had a groin dissection in her right groin followed by an area in the thigh that tested positive. I have been trying to recreate where I found this but have not been successful – I have also tried narrowing the search fields but just can't recreate where I found her posting. Can anyone help? I would love to chat to find out more about her thigh. If I remember correctly, this fellow survivor did Interferon and has NED now for 9 years. Appreciate your help – thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        gabsound
        Participant
          I have not been NED for 9 years, but started with lesion near rt knee. Had WLE and rt groin dissection in Feb 2011. Did 1 month high dose interferon in April. End of ‘May I had 2 lumps come up in thigh. One was in groin. The second was at the lower end of scar from lymph node surgery (about mid thigh).

Had second surgery July 1. Groin lump was a pseudocyst and mid thigh lump was fatty tissue with melanoma cells.

Will prob start biochemo soon.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
          Participant
            I have not been NED for 9 years, but started with lesion near rt knee. Had WLE and rt groin dissection in Feb 2011. Did 1 month high dose interferon in April. End of ‘May I had 2 lumps come up in thigh. One was in groin. The second was at the lower end of scar from lymph node surgery (about mid thigh).

Had second surgery July 1. Groin lump was a pseudocyst and mid thigh lump was fatty tissue with melanoma cells.

Will prob start biochemo soon.

Julie in Las Vegas

Carver
            Participant

When I had my left groin sentinel node biopsy, my sentinel node was positive and the wide excision on my thigh done at the same time had an additional 2.8 mm of residual dermal melanoma on the thigh. My initial biopsy of the lesion on my thigh was a shave and that's how I was diagnosed with a nodular melanoma at least 6.9 mm thick followed by what was there during the wide excision. I then had the left groin dissection in March of 2005 and I have not had any recurrences. I don't think I'm who you were thinking about but I did have more melanoma on the thigh after the original biopsy so some similarities. Best of luck to you, Carver

Carver
              Participant

When I had my left groin sentinel node biopsy, my sentinel node was positive and the wide excision on my thigh done at the same time had an additional 2.8 mm of residual dermal melanoma on the thigh. My initial biopsy of the lesion on my thigh was a shave and that's how I was diagnosed with a nodular melanoma at least 6.9 mm thick followed by what was there during the wide excision. I then had the left groin dissection in March of 2005 and I have not had any recurrences. I don't think I'm who you were thinking about but I did have more melanoma on the thigh after the original biopsy so some similarities. Best of luck to you, Carver

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics