The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Got my Results – good and some potential bad

Forums General Melanoma Community Got my Results – good and some potential bad

Participant

I received a call from my Dr. today telling me that the majority of lung mets in my lungs have all shrunk – except for 1 or 2 which have grown a bit.  This could be inflammation, but believes I'm responding to ipi.  Anyway, here is some potential bad news – something was found in my brain – 2.2 sonometers which he said was very small.

I received a call from my Dr. today telling me that the majority of lung mets in my lungs have all shrunk – except for 1 or 2 which have grown a bit.  This could be inflammation, but believes I'm responding to ipi.  Anyway, here is some potential bad news – something was found in my brain – 2.2 sonometers which he said was very small. Also, he said it doesn't look like a typical melanoma and they don't exactly know what it is, so they're sending me in for an MRI.   I'm very nervous and scared, but until I know for sure, I'm going to hope and pray this is benign or a pituitary gland tumour from ipi.   If it's something, I can have it treated ASAP. 

Anyway, has anybody had anything similar before?  I just had an MRI of my brain in August and there was nothing and now while on ipi, I've got something.  I'll know more tomorrow when I see him – speaking to him on the phone while driving home from a mall was very mindblowing to say the least.

Anyway, the fact that almost all 15 mets have shrunk in my lungs is VERY good news to me and I still continue to have faith!

Lisa 

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        MariaH
        Participant

Lisa,

Congrats on the GOOD news!!  As to the brain situation, here's to hoping that its nothing!

Keep up the faith!

Maria

MariaH
          Participant

Lisa,

Congrats on the GOOD news!!  As to the brain situation, here's to hoping that its nothing!

Keep up the faith!

Maria

MariaH
            Participant

Lisa,

Keep up the faith!

Maria

triciad
              Participant

Lisa,

Good luck with the brain MRI…I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for good results!

Tricia

triciad
                Participant

Lisa,

Good luck with the brain MRI…I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for good results!

Tricia

triciad
                  Participant

Lisa,

Tricia

lyndaloo
                    Participant

Hi Lisa – I was telling my husband about you as we were at the cancer clinic for 5 hours today, today he got clearance to start ipi, he just completed three rounds of chemo but a few things in his body are still progessing slowly. 

My husband had lung surgery in Feb and brain surgery in May.  The remaining brain mets were given tomotherapy and whole brain radiation.  I know how scary this disease is, but the fact that the majority of your lung mets have shrunk is excellent news.  Technology is wonderful.  I hope and pray the ipi will keep on working for you.  Thank you for sharing all your experiences with ipi, I will be referring to your journey as my husband begins his.

Best Regards,

Lyndaloo  (from Ontario)

lyndaloo
                      Participant

Hi Lisa – I was telling my husband about you as we were at the cancer clinic for 5 hours today, today he got clearance to start ipi, he just completed three rounds of chemo but a few things in his body are still progessing slowly. 

My husband had lung surgery in Feb and brain surgery in May.  The remaining brain mets were given tomotherapy and whole brain radiation.  I know how scary this disease is, but the fact that the majority of your lung mets have shrunk is excellent news.  Technology is wonderful.  I hope and pray the ipi will keep on working for you.  Thank you for sharing all your experiences with ipi, I will be referring to your journey as my husband begins his.

Best Regards,

Lyndaloo  (from Ontario)

lyndaloo
                        Participant

Best Regards,

Lyndaloo  (from Ontario)

lhaley
                          Participant

Lisa,

The lung news was really good news. I do hope that the other brain issue is nothing.  Did it show on the PET scan that you saw this?   I know it's hard to say but until you have the MRI you really don't know what it is.  I'm glad their getting you in so quickly.

Linda

lhaley
                            Participant

Lisa,

The lung news was really good news. I do hope that the other brain issue is nothing.  Did it show on the PET scan that you saw this?   I know it's hard to say but until you have the MRI you really don't know what it is.  I'm glad their getting you in so quickly.

Linda

lhaley
                              Participant

Lisa,

Linda

Lisa13
                                  Participant

Hi Linda,

The brain spot showed up after I had a head/neck CT scan – they will give me an MRI now to see exactly what it is. My Dr. said it didn't look like a typical melanoma, so I don't really know what it can be.  He's obviously set me up for the worst case scenerio.

I know you have recently encountered a tumour in your brain, so you know how scary this can be.  Just when it sounds like I'm getting good news, I'm heading into another challenge.  The important thing to know is that many people on this board have had brain mets or a singular brain met, which have been removed and not seen for a long time. 

Lisa

lhaley
                                    Participant

I do know of a few friends(melanoma) that have other brain issues …. not melanoma, that are watched.  I hope this is something that is reacting to the ippi!!!   

I totally understand that you are freaking.  The Dr saying that it doesn't look typical might really be that it's not melanoma.  Hug that baby tonight and just try to escape till you know what is going on.

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

I do know of a few friends(melanoma) that have other brain issues …. not melanoma, that are watched.  I hope this is something that is reacting to the ippi!!!   

I totally understand that you are freaking.  The Dr saying that it doesn't look typical might really be that it's not melanoma.  Hug that baby tonight and just try to escape till you know what is going on.

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Linda

Lisa13
                                          Participant

Hi Linda,

The brain spot showed up after I had a head/neck CT scan – they will give me an MRI now to see exactly what it is. My Dr. said it didn't look like a typical melanoma, so I don't really know what it can be.  He's obviously set me up for the worst case scenerio.

I know you have recently encountered a tumour in your brain, so you know how scary this can be.  Just when it sounds like I'm getting good news, I'm heading into another challenge.  The important thing to know is that many people on this board have had brain mets or a singular brain met, which have been removed and not seen for a long time. 

Lisa

Lisa13
                                            Participant

Hi Linda,

Lisa

BethA
                                            Participant

Celebrate your good news and I will pray for good results with further testing.  Let us know.     Beth 3/B

BethA
                                              Participant

Celebrate your good news and I will pray for good results with further testing.  Let us know.     Beth 3/B

BethA
                                                Participant

momof2kids
                                                  Participant

Hope all goes well with the MRI.

Dealing with any spots is horrible, but the Brain is quite scary, I've been getting very nervous about my next MRI for this month with the Brain, and my Yervoy scans coming up this month too.

Just hope mine show some shrinkage like yours has.

momof2kids
                                                    Participant

Dealing with any spots is horrible, but the Brain is quite scary, I've been getting very nervous about my next MRI for this month with the Brain, and my Yervoy scans coming up this month too.

momof2kids
                                                      Participant

FormerCaregiver
                                                        Participant

Lisa, this is encouraging news about the lung mets. It certainly sounds like you are having a good response to ipi.

The spot that has been detected in the brain could well be benign. Hope that the MRI will confirm that it is nothing to worry about.

You remain in my prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                          Participant

Lisa, this is encouraging news about the lung mets. It certainly sounds like you are having a good response to ipi.

The spot that has been detected in the brain could well be benign. Hope that the MRI will confirm that it is nothing to worry about.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                            Participant

Frank from Australia

Lauri England
                                                              Participant

I am glad lungs are better.  I totally understand the anxiety you are feeling waiting for brain test results.  Any waiting for test results is stressful.  You are in my prayers Lisa.  Try to stay strong and think positive thoughts as much as possible. 

Lauri England
                                                                Participant

I am glad lungs are better.  I totally understand the anxiety you are feeling waiting for brain test results.  Any waiting for test results is stressful.  You are in my prayers Lisa.  Try to stay strong and think positive thoughts as much as possible. 

Lauri England
                                                                  Participant

MichaelFL
                                                                    Participant

By 2.2 sonometers, do they mean 2.2 centimeters? I think that is how some say centimeters in Canada.

Do you know if it around or near your  pituitary gland? (which is about the size of a pea) Swelling or inflamed? If it is, as you know, I am betting this is ipi related instead.

MichaelFL
                                                                      Participant

By 2.2 sonometers, do they mean 2.2 centimeters? I think that is how some say centimeters in Canada.

Do you know if it around or near your  pituitary gland? (which is about the size of a pea) Swelling or inflamed? If it is, as you know, I am betting this is ipi related instead.

MichaelFL
                                                                        Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics