The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good scans

Forums General Melanoma Community Good scans

Participant

Ben had a Pet scan yesterday and my mom scanxiety was in full force. He got the news today, all clear 🙂

Kepp fighting, everybody

Becky

Mom to Ben, age 22. Oral melanoma (tongue) stage 3, one year of interferon. 23 months NED

Ben had a Pet scan yesterday and my mom scanxiety was in full force. He got the news today, all clear 🙂

Kepp fighting, everybody

Becky

Mom to Ben, age 22. Oral melanoma (tongue) stage 3, one year of interferon. 23 months NED

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        jackiewin
        Participant

I'm so happy to hear the good news.  Have been wondering how Ben has been doing.

Jackie W

jackiewin
          Participant

I'm so happy to hear the good news.  Have been wondering how Ben has been doing.

Jackie W

awg
            Participant

Great News!

Allen 

Stage IIIa

awg
              Participant

Great News!

Allen 

Stage IIIa

Phil S
                Participant
                  Becky. Wonderful news, thanks for posting. My husband also has stage 3 mucosal melanoma and completed his year of interferon on May 9th, so I am always happy to see great scan results from others, especially because this form of melanoma is so rare and tricky! God bless you and Ben, and wishing him many,many,many years of NED. Take care! Valerie ( Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    Becky. Wonderful news, thanks for posting. My husband also has stage 3 mucosal melanoma and completed his year of interferon on May 9th, so I am always happy to see great scan results from others, especially because this form of melanoma is so rare and tricky! God bless you and Ben, and wishing him many,many,many years of NED. Take care! Valerie ( Phil’s wife)
                    lhaley
                    Participant

Yeah!!! 

I remember that he had some swollen nodes and they had done a FNA on a few and all was ok. Have they gone down in size? 

I love the good news!  It's ok for mom's to also have scananxiety!!

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Yeah!!! 

I remember that he had some swollen nodes and they had done a FNA on a few and all was ok. Have they gone down in size? 

I love the good news!  It's ok for mom's to also have scananxiety!!

Linda

Carol Taylor
                        Participant

Wonderful news, Becky! All the best to Ben!

Thank You, Lord!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                          Participant

Wonderful news, Becky! All the best to Ben!

Thank You, Lord!

Grace and peace,

Carol

DonW
                            Participant

Hey, I'll chime in on this one! Great news, Becky. I'm sure you are more relieved than Ben.

DonW
                              Participant

Hey, I'll chime in on this one! Great news, Becky. I'm sure you are more relieved than Ben.

shellebrownies
                                Participant

Fantastic news about Ben! Congrats! 

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

Vermont_Donna
                                    Participant

Such wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you both!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                                      Participant

Such wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you both!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

shellebrownies
                                      Participant

Fantastic news about Ben! Congrats! 

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics