The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good News : )

Forums General Melanoma Community Good News : )

Participant

On Tuesday we went to Detroit to receive Mike's scan results from his 1st series of IL-2. IT"S WORKING!! Tumor in lung has shrunk some 10% and tumor in liver is stable with no spread of cancer. Yeah!! Going back to hospital on July 11th for round #2. Wishing results could be faster but learning that patience is what is needed to fight this nasty cancer. Hoping for continued good news in the future and hoping Miike will be able to handle his 2nd round of IL-2 as well as he did his first.

Debby and Mike

On Tuesday we went to Detroit to receive Mike's scan results from his 1st series of IL-2. IT"S WORKING!! Tumor in lung has shrunk some 10% and tumor in liver is stable with no spread of cancer. Yeah!! Going back to hospital on July 11th for round #2. Wishing results could be faster but learning that patience is what is needed to fight this nasty cancer. Hoping for continued good news in the future and hoping Miike will be able to handle his 2nd round of IL-2 as well as he did his first.

Debby and Mike

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Great news!!!  Hope the next round brings even further good news! 

Smiles and hugs,

Linda

stage IV since 06

killmel
            Participant

Linda,

How is your surgery recovery going?? I hope fine.

Jan

lhaley
              Participant

recovery is going well. They wee not able to get margins because the tumor was sitting on a nerve.  Radiation starts on Monday.  Fingers are crossed!   Thanks for asking Jan.

Linda

nicoli
                Participant

Between surgery, biochemo and radiation, radiation is a piece of cake !!! You'll do great.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
                  Participant

Between surgery, biochemo and radiation, radiation is a piece of cake !!! You'll do great.

Nicki, Stage 3b

lhaley
                    Participant

recovery is going well. They wee not able to get margins because the tumor was sitting on a nerve.  Radiation starts on Monday.  Fingers are crossed!   Thanks for asking Jan.

Linda

killmel
                      Participant

Linda,

How is your surgery recovery going?? I hope fine.

Jan

lhaley
                      Participant

Great news!!!  Hope the next round brings even further good news! 

Smiles and hugs,

Linda

stage IV since 06

dian in spokane
                        Participant

Debby! I'm so glad to read your wonderful news. I was away last week and haven't caught up on the board yet, but you and mike have been on my mind a lot and I'm thrilled to find this post today.

I hope Mike recovers quickly and is able to hit that second round.

Great news.

Dian

dian in spokane
                          Participant

Debby! I'm so glad to read your wonderful news. I was away last week and haven't caught up on the board yet, but you and mike have been on my mind a lot and I'm thrilled to find this post today.

I hope Mike recovers quickly and is able to hit that second round.

Great news.

Dian

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

That's certainly encouraging news! I hope that IL-2 will continue to be effective.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

That's certainly encouraging news! I hope that IL-2 will continue to be effective.

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

Carol Taylor
                                Participant

A wonderful Hallelujah moment! Praying for many more!

Lord, in Your mercy, make it so. Thank You. Amen!

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

A wonderful Hallelujah moment! Praying for many more!

Lord, in Your mercy, make it so. Thank You. Amen!

shellebrownies
                                    Participant

Fantastic news, Deb! SO glad to hear that Mike is responding to the IL-2. I pray that he will continue to respond and handle the treatments well.

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                                      Participant

Fantastic news, Deb! SO glad to hear that Mike is responding to the IL-2. I pray that he will continue to respond and handle the treatments well.

Michelle, wife of Don

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics