The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Good news

Forums General Melanoma Community Good news

Hi All,

Just wanted to share that after a very long and intense year and 5 months of very scary ups and downs with this disease my last CT scan showed only ground glass areas.  The oncologist was happy to announce she considers me NED!  She then told me that since I had the brain tumor the last time I was off treatment that we needed to continue with the Opdivo at least another year.  

Despite the great news I'm hesitant to be too happy and reluctant to consider myself in the clear.  I worry that this will not be my last dance with this devil.  I'm still bearing the scars from the brain surgery and radiation.   My right foot is still numb from the crainiotomy.  I'm still not mentally whole.  

Thanks to all of you who have helped me carry on and stay strong.  Your guidance and support have meant the world.  To those who feel like they are in the worst of it please stay strong and keep fighting.  May your NED diagnosis be just around the corner.  

Good wishes to you all,

Jennifer

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Replies
      sister of patient
      Participant

Yayyyy!! Congratulations Jennifer – so pleased for you, you've been through enough!! May this be your forever diagnosis!! Best wishes always!

Barb

jennunicorn
        Participant

So happy to hear the good news!!

Sharon93065
          Participant

Jennifer, my first petscan showed lung mass, following two metscans showed groundglass, and the 4th one two weeks ago showed NO groundglass.  Thank you for letting us know.  My MRI June '17 was clear, the M
            ​RI two weeks ago showed two small dots in brain, praying that next MRI in two weeks will be better.  But knowing what you went thru with  your brain give me hope. I do get Opdivo every other week now.   Thank you for sharing your journey. Sharon

Scooby123
            Participant

So so pleased for you Jennifer. Long may you be NED.

Scooby❤️

TexMelanomex
              Participant

YESSSSSSSS!! Nice work Warrior!

jbronicki
                Participant

Now that's the kind of news we like to hear on this board!  Wonderful news Jennifer, congrats.  Tex is right, you are warrior.

Best,
                  Jackie

CancerSpouse
                  Participant

Jennifer, Great news! I think your cautions optimism is a smart approach, especially since you seem to be forging on with work and the rest of your life. Hoping that this really will be the last dance with the devil for you. ~ carol

CancerSpouse
                    Participant

Jennifer, Great news! I think your cautions optimism is a smart approach, especially since you seem to be forging on with work and the rest of your life. Hoping that this really will be the last dance with the devil for you. ~ carol

CancerSpouse
                      Participant

Mat
                        Participant

Jennifer, great news!

marta010
                          Participant

Wonderful news!  Thanks for sharing your story.  As each day passes, the past traumas will lessen the grip on you – hope you are able to view the glass as half full soon!  One day at a time……

Ann

WithinMySkin
                            Participant

Congrats on the GREAT news!! Hoping your 'mental' battle with melanoma will fade away just as the physical scars will. Don't be too hard on yourself – you're doing amazing!!

Bubbles
                              Participant

Congrats, Jennifer.  Good news you certainly deserve!!  celeste

nep2
                                Participant

Way to go, stay strong!  I’m very happy for you.

Viewing 13 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics