The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

“Good news”…

Forums General Melanoma Community “Good news”…

Participant

…the doctor said with a smile.

…the doctor said with a smile.

Just sat and talked  to my doctor and she said, as a whole, the scans show my tumors have shrunk about 10%. Some more than others. The scans show no new tumors and my brain is still clear. So this is great. She, along with a few other have told me it's usually the second month that shows the most progress or lack there of, of the treatment. And to see this progress, in the first month, I'm assuming, and hoping might be a good thing. I've also been told that there is a chance, this could be a result of the chemotherapy part of the treatment and not necessarily from the t-cells. Next month will tell a lot more. But regardless of what's working, this stuff, that was spreading rapidly, has currently stopped, and somewhat shrunk for the time being. So I'm a happy guy either way. :) :) :)

And that's it for now. I've got to head out and catch my shuttle to the airport. Hopefully my flights are still a go and I can catch up on some sleep in a warm bed at home tonight.

Thanks for the ongoing support and well wishes.
    Talk to you all soon.
    -Kevin

Loading spinner
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Replies
      Sherron
      Participant

Hi Kevin,  It is so good to hear from some wonderful news here.  And hope the next month brings even better news for you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Loading spinner
      Sherron
      Participant

Hi Kevin,  It is so good to hear from some wonderful news here.  And hope the next month brings even better news for you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Loading spinner
      Jerry from Cape Cod
      Participant

Kevin,

Wonderful news. 

Jerry from Cape Cod

Loading spinner
      Jerry from Cape Cod
      Participant

Kevin,

Wonderful news. 

Jerry from Cape Cod

Loading spinner
      Phil S
      Participant

Kevin    So happy to hear your news, I have followed your story with such hope that adoptive cell transfer is the magic treatment for you.  My husband is entering his ninth month of interferon, but also reads nightly on this Bulletin all the stories and treatments other melanoma patients are doing.  You are in our prayers!  Best Wishes to you and your wife, I am sure that she is super relieved!   Valerie (Phil's wife)

Loading spinner
      Phil S
      Participant

Kevin    So happy to hear your news, I have followed your story with such hope that adoptive cell transfer is the magic treatment for you.  My husband is entering his ninth month of interferon, but also reads nightly on this Bulletin all the stories and treatments other melanoma patients are doing.  You are in our prayers!  Best Wishes to you and your wife, I am sure that she is super relieved!   Valerie (Phil's wife)

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

YES!!!!  Love to hear good news like that!  The fact that you have stopped the growth is so important. Can't wait to hear about further shrinkage in the following months.

Have a safe trip home,

Linda

Loading spinner
      lhaley
      Participant

YES!!!!  Love to hear good news like that!  The fact that you have stopped the growth is so important. Can't wait to hear about further shrinkage in the following months.

Have a safe trip home,

Linda

Loading spinner
      molly
      Participant

Kevin….I am so happy for your good news, WONDERFUL! Hope you can get your flight and be home soon.

molly

Loading spinner
      molly
      Participant

Kevin….I am so happy for your good news, WONDERFUL! Hope you can get your flight and be home soon.

molly

Loading spinner
      joy_
      Participant

So happy for you!

Loading spinner
      joy_
      Participant

So happy for you!

Loading spinner
      triciad
      Participant

Kevin,

I am so happy to hear the news.  You are in my prayers for a complete response.  Keep up the positive outlook and get some rest!

Tricia

Loading spinner
      triciad
      Participant

Kevin,

I am so happy to hear the news.  You are in my prayers for a complete response.  Keep up the positive outlook and get some rest!

Tricia

Loading spinner
      James from Sydney
      Participant

Kevin what great news, i hope you get to 50% on the next scans.

best wishes

James

Loading spinner
      James from Sydney
      Participant

Kevin what great news, i hope you get to 50% on the next scans.

best wishes

James

Loading spinner
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

YEAH!  soo happy for you.  Enjoy your happy news and your warm bed :)

laurie from maine

Loading spinner
        Laurie from maine
        Participant

YEAH!  soo happy for you.  Enjoy your happy news and your warm bed :)

laurie from maine

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant
      Kevin, you just made my day.

Loading spinner
      jag
      Participant
      Kevin, you just made my day.

Loading spinner
      Jim in Denver
      Participant

Hey Kevin,

Great news – thanks for posting.  Your positive attitude never ceases to amaze me and I am really pumped to hear that you are getting results!  Enjoy a well deserved respite and time with your wife. 

Best,

Jim

Loading spinner
      Jim in Denver
      Participant

Hey Kevin,

Great news – thanks for posting.  Your positive attitude never ceases to amaze me and I am really pumped to hear that you are getting results!  Enjoy a well deserved respite and time with your wife. 

Best,

Jim

Loading spinner
      Rocco
      Participant
      Clinical Trial ParticipantNED

Really wonderful news Kevin!  I hope that next month's results are even better!  Such great news – thanks for making my day!

Rocco – Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Rocco
      Participant
      Clinical Trial ParticipantNED

Really wonderful news Kevin!  I hope that next month's results are even better!  Such great news – thanks for making my day!

Rocco – Stage IV

Loading spinner
      Fen
      Participant

yipppeeee!!! Thanks for posting, Kevin, good news is always welcome.

Loading spinner
      Fen
      Participant

yipppeeee!!! Thanks for posting, Kevin, good news is always welcome.

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Kevin,

I see this as very good news!  I hope you made it home to a nice, warm bed.  Rest up and celebrate.  I pray the very good news continues.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Kevin,

I see this as very good news!  I hope you made it home to a nice, warm bed.  Rest up and celebrate.  I pray the very good news continues.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

So happy to hear your news.  Have a safe trip home.  Beth 3/B

Loading spinner
      BethA in VA
      Participant

So happy to hear your news.  Have a safe trip home.  Beth 3/B

Loading spinner
      2atlascedars
      Participant
      Congrats!! That is such a promising start. I am so glad you were able to get to your appointment so you could get this fantastic news.

I loved the original “triple smile”…it is certainly justified right now.

BTW…be sure to keep some earplugs with you when traveiing. I travel a lot and have found PA systems and cleaning crews can cause an airport to be very noisy throughout the night. They can help you get the sleep needed to keep your immune system up and running.

Best regards,
      Mark from California

Loading spinner
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi Kevin,

That is GREAT news!! Enjoy being home!!

Vermont_Donna,

stage 3a, currently doing an ipi trial

Loading spinner
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi Kevin,

That is GREAT news!! Enjoy being home!!

Vermont_Donna,

stage 3a, currently doing an ipi trial

Loading spinner
      2atlascedars
      Participant
      Congrats!! That is such a promising start. I am so glad you were able to get to your appointment so you could get this fantastic news.

I loved the original “triple smile”…it is certainly justified right now.

BTW…be sure to keep some earplugs with you when traveiing. I travel a lot and have found PA systems and cleaning crews can cause an airport to be very noisy throughout the night. They can help you get the sleep needed to keep your immune system up and running.

Best regards,
      Mark from California

Loading spinner
      Rebecca and Bob
      Participant

Kevin,

Sounds like good news and we would have seen you in the waiting room if my husband didn't have to change his dates for his appointments. It's great to hear your having a response, we always hear good things about that treatment. We also know if my husband needs it that would be our next stop. I think your in great hands, they move very quickly there and watch you so closely.

Good luck, thinking of you and sending a prayer your way!

Rebecca

Loading spinner
      Rebecca and Bob
      Participant

Kevin,

Sounds like good news and we would have seen you in the waiting room if my husband didn't have to change his dates for his appointments. It's great to hear your having a response, we always hear good things about that treatment. We also know if my husband needs it that would be our next stop. I think your in great hands, they move very quickly there and watch you so closely.

Good luck, thinking of you and sending a prayer your way!

Rebecca

Loading spinner
      JakeinNY
      Participant

Keep it up Kevin!!!

Loading spinner
      JakeinNY
      Participant

Keep it up Kevin!!!

Loading spinner
      tricialeigh44
      Participant

Kevin, that is awesome news! I was waiting for your email, so I thought I would check on here. SOOOOO happy for you and Brenda! LOVE good news.

Congrats!!

Tricia

Loading spinner
      tricialeigh44
      Participant

Kevin, that is awesome news! I was waiting for your email, so I thought I would check on here. SOOOOO happy for you and Brenda! LOVE good news.

Congrats!!

Tricia

Loading spinner
      Wife of Carl
      Participant

Kevin,

Congrats!!  This is very encouraging and great news!  Lets hope that the next scans are even better!

Pat

Loading spinner
      Wife of Carl
      Participant

Kevin,

Congrats!!  This is very encouraging and great news!  Lets hope that the next scans are even better!

Pat

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Go, T-cells go!!! What an encouraging report!  I'm delighted for you!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV (ipi)

Loading spinner
      Sharyn
      Participant

Go, T-cells go!!! What an encouraging report!  I'm delighted for you!

Hugs

Sharyn, Stage IV (ipi)

Loading spinner
Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.