The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Gamma Knife

Forums General Melanoma Community Gamma Knife

Participant

Lynn will be having his third gamma knife Monday. I have anxiety im scared. Please pray for us.

Im not going alone this time both our kids and my daughter in law are going. This scars me also they have never seen this head peice. Lynn sister is going so she can help us.

i know im not alone I have my MPIP family that share the same feelings and emotions.

Love and Hugs to you all. 

Belva

Lynn will be having his third gamma knife Monday. I have anxiety im scared. Please pray for us.

Im not going alone this time both our kids and my daughter in law are going. This scars me also they have never seen this head peice. Lynn sister is going so she can help us.

i know im not alone I have my MPIP family that share the same feelings and emotions.

Love and Hugs to you all. 

Belva

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

When my brother finished his radiation treatments he brought the mask home saying that he wated to wear it for Halloween. Sometimes a little humor is a great way to handle the "scary" moments.

POW
          Participant

When my brother finished his radiation treatments he brought the mask home saying that he wated to wear it for Halloween. Sometimes a little humor is a great way to handle the "scary" moments.

NYKaren
              Participant
                Dear Belva,
                I’m glad you’ll have support this time.
                And yes, humor can go a long way in scary situations.
                I’ll be thinking of you both.
                Hugs,
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Dear Belva,
                  Hugs,
                  Karen
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Dear Belva,
                    Hugs,
                    Karen
                  POW
                  Participant

awillett1991
                    Participant
                      I’m glad you have someone to be there with you Belva. This melanoma is some big scary stuff.

Prayers for you all. Hang in there.

Amy

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        I’m glad you have someone to be there with you Belva. This melanoma is some big scary stuff.

Amy

awillett1991
                        Participant

Amy

Mickey n Jo
                          Participant

Belva, our thoughts and prayers are with you. It's really scary, I know, but the more support you have the better. Keep us posted.

Best wishes, Jo

Mickey n Jo
                            Participant

Belva, our thoughts and prayers are with you. It's really scary, I know, but the more support you have the better. Keep us posted.

Best wishes, Jo

Mickey n Jo
                              Participant

Best wishes, Jo

kylez
                                Participant

Good luck tomorrow Belva. You and Lynn know the drill with Gamma Knife at this point. Hoping for good results from the procedure. If he is having any symptoms, may those be quickly relieved as well. 

kylez
                                  Participant

Good luck tomorrow Belva. You and Lynn know the drill with Gamma Knife at this point. Hoping for good results from the procedure. If he is having any symptoms, may those be quickly relieved as well. 

kylez
                                    Participant

Janet Lee
                                      Participant

Belva, we have only just met, but your reply to my first panic-post helped relieve my fear and anxiety — a little bit, anyway. My thoughts and prayers and with you and Lynn. Keep strong (that's what we do, right?)

Janet

Janet Lee
                                        Participant

Belva, we have only just met, but your reply to my first panic-post helped relieve my fear and anxiety — a little bit, anyway. My thoughts and prayers and with you and Lynn. Keep strong (that's what we do, right?)

Janet

Janet Lee
                                          Participant

Janet

triciad
                                            Participant

Belva,

Many prayers being sent your way…good luck to Lynn with the gamma knife.  Physically you will have people there with you…wonderful…but know we are always there with you in our hearts.  God bless!

Tricia 

triciad
                                              Participant

Belva,

Many prayers being sent your way…good luck to Lynn with the gamma knife.  Physically you will have people there with you…wonderful…but know we are always there with you in our hearts.  God bless!

Tricia 

triciad
                                                Participant

Belva,

Tricia 

triciad
                                                  Participant

Tricia

triciad
                                                    Participant

Tricia

triciad
                                                      Participant

Tricia

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics