The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Finally some good(ish) news

Forums General Melanoma Community Finally some good(ish) news

Participant

My husband had the WLE and SNB surgery 2 weeks ago; we rec'd the results report the other day. The surgeon was able to get clear margins in the WLE and removed two lymph nodes, both of which showed zero signs of cancer. (PRAISE GOD!!!!!) So we are now officially Stage IIB, and setting up regular 3-month appointments with the derm, one more appt with the surg onc, and then as-needed after that.

My husband had the WLE and SNB surgery 2 weeks ago; we rec'd the results report the other day. The surgeon was able to get clear margins in the WLE and removed two lymph nodes, both of which showed zero signs of cancer. (PRAISE GOD!!!!!) So we are now officially Stage IIB, and setting up regular 3-month appointments with the derm, one more appt with the surg onc, and then as-needed after that.

We are just so humbled and blessed that God, in all His might, would pour out a blessing of such magnitude on us… people so undeserving. It's just put us in awe of His mercy and grace. Thank You, God, for saving my husband!

I am almost feeling guilty to report the Stage IIB, (level T2a, N0, M0), and official "NED" status…but it does feel good! GLORY TO GOD!!!!!

Thank you to all who have answered our questions and reached out to us. This site is an amazing shoulder to lean on. Much love and hugs to ALL!!!

–thebunches

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Good news, except I think he's only stage IB, not stage IIB.  T2aN0M0 is stage IB.  Here's a link that shows the staging breakout for stage I: http://www.melanomacenter.org/staging/stage1.html

Best wishes,

Janner

Stage IB for 19 years, 3 MM primaries

thebunches
            Participant

Thanks, Janner! You're probably right; I was just happy to hear it hadn't spread and probably forgot to listen to the rest of it. I will check the reports just to be sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

thebunches
              Participant

Thanks, Janner! You're probably right; I was just happy to hear it hadn't spread and probably forgot to listen to the rest of it. I will check the reports just to be sure. ๐Ÿ™‚

Janner
              Participant

Good news, except I think he's only stage IB, not stage IIB.  T2aN0M0 is stage IB.  Here's a link that shows the staging breakout for stage I: http://www.melanomacenter.org/staging/stage1.html

Best wishes,

Janner

Stage IB for 19 years, 3 MM primaries

Carol Taylor
                Participant

You have nothing to feel even "almost" guilty about! A hallelujah moment to be sure! Savor it and blessings to you all!

Lord, in Your mercy. Thank you. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

You have nothing to feel even "almost" guilty about! A hallelujah moment to be sure! Savor it and blessings to you all!

Lord, in Your mercy. Thank you. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

lhaley
                    Participant

I wouldn't say that was good news, I'd say GREAT NEWS!!  NED is the best place you could ask to be at this point. 

Be vigilent and your husband needs to learn his body and not be afraid to speak up if he feels something is wrong.

Doing the Happy Dance for you both,

Linda

Stage IV

lhaley
                      Participant

I wouldn't say that was good news, I'd say GREAT NEWS!!  NED is the best place you could ask to be at this point. 

Be vigilent and your husband needs to learn his body and not be afraid to speak up if he feels something is wrong.

Doing the Happy Dance for you both,

Linda

Stage IV

dian in spokane
                        Participant

hey! I was wondering about you and hoping we'd hear back from you.

Good news for sure.

congrats!

dian in spokane

dian in spokane
                          Participant

hey! I was wondering about you and hoping we'd hear back from you.

Good news for sure.

congrats!

dian in spokane

MichaelFL
                            Participant

Stage 1 or 2?  Sure, take that any day! No need to feel guilty!

Did you confuse T2 a or T2b with stage 2b though?

Was the melanoma ulcerated? Based on your profile it does not say, so you may wish to verify if it is T2a (without ulceration) or T2b (with ulceration)  Based on what is in your profile, It would seem to me that you are either stage 1b or 2a, and perhaps not 2b.

Treatment History:

5/3/11: Diagnosis from dermatologist (Harris Dermatology): at least a 1.0mm lesion on left abdomen, came back as malignant melanoma. Clark Level IV, mitosis <1mm2, clear margins were not obtained; recommended WLE for clear margins, and SNB.

Stage IA (T1aN0M0)

• T1a: the tumor is no more than 1.0 millimeter (mm) thick, with no ulceration and no mitoses
                              • N0: the tumor has not spread to nearby lymph nodes
                              • M0: the tumor has not spread to sites distant from the primary tumor

Stage IB (T1bN0M0 or T2aN0M0)

• T1b: the tumor is no more than 1.0 mm thick, with ulceration or prescence of > 1 mitoses
                              • T2a: the tumor is 1.01-2.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Stage IIA (T2bN0M0 or T3aN0M0)

• T2b: the tumor is 1.01-2.0 mm thick, with ulceration
                              • T3a: the tumor is 2.01-4.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Stage IIB (T3bN0M0 or T4aN0M0)

• T3b: the tumor is 2.01-4.0 mm thick, with ulceration
                              • T4a: the tumor is greater than 4.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Michael

MichaelFL
                              Participant

Stage 1 or 2?  Sure, take that any day! No need to feel guilty!

Did you confuse T2 a or T2b with stage 2b though?

Was the melanoma ulcerated? Based on your profile it does not say, so you may wish to verify if it is T2a (without ulceration) or T2b (with ulceration)  Based on what is in your profile, It would seem to me that you are either stage 1b or 2a, and perhaps not 2b.

Treatment History:

5/3/11: Diagnosis from dermatologist (Harris Dermatology): at least a 1.0mm lesion on left abdomen, came back as malignant melanoma. Clark Level IV, mitosis <1mm2, clear margins were not obtained; recommended WLE for clear margins, and SNB.

Stage IA (T1aN0M0)

• T1a: the tumor is no more than 1.0 millimeter (mm) thick, with no ulceration and no mitoses

Stage IB (T1bN0M0 or T2aN0M0)

• T1b: the tumor is no more than 1.0 mm thick, with ulceration or prescence of > 1 mitoses
                                • T2a: the tumor is 1.01-2.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Stage IIA (T2bN0M0 or T3aN0M0)

• T2b: the tumor is 1.01-2.0 mm thick, with ulceration
                                • T3a: the tumor is 2.01-4.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Stage IIB (T3bN0M0 or T4aN0M0)

• T3b: the tumor is 2.01-4.0 mm thick, with ulceration
                                • T4a: the tumor is greater than 4.0 mm thick, with no ulceration

Michael

shellebrownies
                                Participant

Great, great news! I'm so happy for you both! ๐Ÿ™‚

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

shellebrownies
                                  Participant

Great, great news! I'm so happy for you both! ๐Ÿ™‚

Michelle, wife of Don, Stage IV

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics