The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Failed Braftovi/Mektovi

Forums General Melanoma Community Failed Braftovi/Mektovi

Participant

Hi Melanoma Fighters,

Update on Braftovi/Mektovi-had my 8 week scan after being on Braftovi/Mektovi and not the results I was hoping for.  My 2 liver mets increased slightly, 1 decreased slightly, I know have a new met in my upper arm and possible metastis in my L3 in my spine.  So, Dr is reviewing my case at a meeting tomorrow and I will have to make a decision to do Ippi/Nivo, TIL or clinical trial.  

I know I am in good hands but this was still a disappointment.

Vince

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Oh, Vince, I am sorry.  That is a blow!!!  Sounds like you still have some good viable options, though.  Hang tough.  Pick your poison and go for it!!!  Wishing you my very best.  celeste

VinceMart
            Participant

Thanks Celeste-I am going to give the trial a go and see if it is a fit.  Hope you are feeling much better!

MelanomaMike
            Participant
              Aw Shoot Vince, im sorry brother, just keep this in your head, and repeat after me: ” Im NOT! out of the Fight until im COMPLETELY out of the Fight!”
              Two times already ive gotten the same Bitter Sweet report as you have, its a downer but, the bright “Sweet” side, some tumors Decreased! Same as me brother, dont read the Bitter part of your paperwork (Scan Report) highlight the good news with your trusty ol’ Highlighter…lets get the Ipilimumab & his sidekick Nivolumab on the battlefield, you three got this!
                VinceMart
                Participant

Thanks Mike- looks like I have a shot at the TIL trial, fingers crossed this is the the path I am supposed to be taking.  Hoping your are feeling better and Nivo is going to get you on your way to NED.

WithinMySkin
                Participant

So sorry to hear this! These big decisions on treatment are so tough. I always say go with your gut. Gather as much info as possible, sleep on it, and go with what's best for you. You have to believe in your medicine wholehartedly to get the full effects. Sometimes life throws us a curve ball and we have to go down a different path to get to the right destination.

Internet hugs!!

Lauren

VinceMart
                    Participant

Thanks Lauren-I appreciate your words of support!  All the best to you.

Vince

Mat
                    Participant

Vince, sorry to hear.  I looked at clinical trials at Sloan and MDA when I progressed (including TIL at MDA)–in addition to UPenn.  In the end, due to a number of factors, I went with ipi-nivo.  I was on treatment for a little more than 1 year.  I've been off treatment for about a year and a half.  I still have side effects (mostly arthritis and other joint issues).  But, I presently don't have progressive melanoma–and that's worth the daily aches and pains for as long as necessary.  So, different strokes for different folks, but I'd seriously consider ipi-nivo.  The team at UPenn is also great about helping to manage side effects.  Best wishes for a durable solution–whichever option you may select.

VinceMart
                        Participant

Hey Mat-I am going to go and meet about the TIL trial.  I did consider the ipi-nivo but with my liver mets and progression on everything i have tried in the last 10 months I think this may be a viable option.  Will see how it goes.  Thanks for your advise, I really appreciate all the input.  Wishing you the best of health.

Vince

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics