The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

EricnJill

Forums General Melanoma Community EricnJill

Participant

Thinking of both of you and hoping Eric is comfortable and you have been able to work through  some of the challenges you have been facing.

molly

Thinking of both of you and hoping Eric is comfortable and you have been able to work through  some of the challenges you have been facing.

molly

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        JuleFL
        Participant
          Eric and Jill,
          Also thinking about you often and keeping you in my prayers.
          Jule
          JuleFL
          Participant
            Eric and Jill,
            Also thinking about you often and keeping you in my prayers.
            Jule
            Sherron
            Participant

I am also thinking about Jill & Eric.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Terra
                Participant

I have read most of your posts and thoughts andprayers are with you. 

Terra
                  Participant

I have read most of your posts and thoughts andprayers are with you. 

Sherron
                  Participant

I am also thinking about Jill & Eric.

Take Care,

killmel
                    Participant

I too have been thinking ofthem both. Let's hope Eric gets a Xmas Miracle!

killmel
                      Participant

I too have been thinking ofthem both. Let's hope Eric gets a Xmas Miracle!

EricNJill
                        Participant

It is really touching to log on quickly to see posts and see that someone posts a thread asking how we are doing.  Thank you so much for caring.

I haven't been on much because it seems like life it going by so fast.  I am the only one working and I was diagnosed with Whooping Cough.  I'm feeling better now thankfully.

Eric is doing well.  The confusion, extreme fatigue and hallucinations I think we all caused by the Kepra.  He is no longer on Kepra and tomorrow we decrease his dose of Decadron to 2 mg a day for a week and then we stop it.  He is a lot more alert.  He can't be left alone because he gets very forgetful and sometimes confused, but I thank god every day that he is mentally back with me. 

He had the Gamma Knife on 11/29.  I called Sara Cannon Institute today to see if we can get back in to see if he can qualify for a BRAF trial.  I'm  waiting for them to call back.  They have the expanded us of PLX4032 so I'm sure he can get into something there.

He's had one round of Temodar and starts another round on 12/29.  He has significantly more tumors on his leg.  You can see them grow daily, it's heartbreaking because then I worry that if it's not working in the leg is it working in the brain. 

Hospice IS WONDERFUL!  It's one of the best decisions we've ever made.  Their help and guidance has been a huge relief. 

Eric asked me to have one of my friends (who is a photographer) come take pictures of our family because he's concerned that he may not be here long and he wanted us to have pictures.  I posted one of our pictures here.  Thank you for all of the support you have given us.

Merry Christmas to you all and God Bless, Jill N Eric

Becky
                            Participant
                              What a beautiful family!
                              Becky
                              Participant
                                What a beautiful family!
                                Melanoma Mom
                                Participant

Beautiful photo! We are sending our love and prayers!

Melanoma Mom
                                  Participant

Beautiful photo! We are sending our love and prayers!

Sherron
                                    Participant

Jill your family is beautiful….We had family pictures also made in early September right as Jim was beginning to feel not so good.  I am so glad we did…I cherish those photos and even the memories of the day we did them.

Thinking of your family…and praying that things go well.

Take Care,

Sherron
                                      Participant

Jill your family is beautiful….We had family pictures also made in early September right as Jim was beginning to feel not so good.  I am so glad we did…I cherish those photos and even the memories of the day we did them.

Thinking of your family…and praying that things go well.

Take Care,

yensidw
                                        Participant

May God bless your family. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Janis

yensidw
                                          Participant

May God bless your family. Wishing you a Merry Christmas.

Janis

EricNJill
                                          Participant

It is really touching to log on quickly to see posts and see that someone posts a thread asking how we are doing.  Thank you so much for caring.

I haven't been on much because it seems like life it going by so fast.  I am the only one working and I was diagnosed with Whooping Cough.  I'm feeling better now thankfully.

Eric is doing well.  The confusion, extreme fatigue and hallucinations I think we all caused by the Kepra.  He is no longer on Kepra and tomorrow we decrease his dose of Decadron to 2 mg a day for a week and then we stop it.  He is a lot more alert.  He can't be left alone because he gets very forgetful and sometimes confused, but I thank god every day that he is mentally back with me. 

He had the Gamma Knife on 11/29.  I called Sara Cannon Institute today to see if we can get back in to see if he can qualify for a BRAF trial.  I'm  waiting for them to call back.  They have the expanded us of PLX4032 so I'm sure he can get into something there.

He's had one round of Temodar and starts another round on 12/29.  He has significantly more tumors on his leg.  You can see them grow daily, it's heartbreaking because then I worry that if it's not working in the leg is it working in the brain. 

Hospice IS WONDERFUL!  It's one of the best decisions we've ever made.  Their help and guidance has been a huge relief. 

Eric asked me to have one of my friends (who is a photographer) come take pictures of our family because he's concerned that he may not be here long and he wanted us to have pictures.  I posted one of our pictures here.  Thank you for all of the support you have given us.

Merry Christmas to you all and God Bless, Jill N Eric

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics