The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Encouraging news from a stage IV survivor

Forums General Melanoma Community Encouraging news from a stage IV survivor

Participant

I want to share some news that I hope will encourage all of you who are battling this difficult disease.   I was diagnosed 12 years ago with melanoma, had 5 recurrences including a lung metastatis in 2007, did 1 yr INF, peptide vaccine trial, radiation, Ipi trial, and 6 mos of pulsed IL-2 treatements.

Last Wednesday I had my 6 month scan which revealed all is clear – 4 1/2 years since the last recurrence!    I am now on the countdown to strive for that 5 year milestone in September.

I want to share some news that I hope will encourage all of you who are battling this difficult disease.   I was diagnosed 12 years ago with melanoma, had 5 recurrences including a lung metastatis in 2007, did 1 yr INF, peptide vaccine trial, radiation, Ipi trial, and 6 mos of pulsed IL-2 treatements.

Last Wednesday I had my 6 month scan which revealed all is clear – 4 1/2 years since the last recurrence!    I am now on the countdown to strive for that 5 year milestone in September.

I thank God every day for this gift and will never take it for granted.      This is a difficult journey to be sure, but know that there is hope, and there are many of us stage IV survivors out there thanks to those who devote their lives to research and finding better treatments.

I also have to thank the MPIP for playing a huge part in helping me learn so much about this disease and bringing amazing, courageous people into my life.

Wishing all of you strength .  .and hope . .in your battle

Mary

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Great  post,as it shows that there is hope for stage IV.Praying that we all get to celebrate your 5 year anniversary.Will be looking for your post.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
          Participant

Great  post,as it shows that there is hope for stage IV.Praying that we all get to celebrate your 5 year anniversary.Will be looking for your post.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
            Participant

Hstevens0072
              Participant
                Thank you for sharing this great news! It does indeed give us all a boost:)
                Holly
                Hstevens0072
                Participant
                  Holly
                  Hstevens0072
                  Participant
                    Holly
                    randallgford
                    Participant

Wonderful news, this is just what the doctor ordered for many of us. Thanks for taking

the time to post, you are doing a world of good. God bless,

Vicki

randallgford
                      Participant

Wonderful news, this is just what the doctor ordered for many of us. Thanks for taking

Vicki

randallgford
                        Participant

Vicki

Kim41
                          Participant
                            Great news! So glad to read good news. It gives others hope.
                            Kim41
                            Participant
                              Kim41
                              Participant
                                Rocco
                                Participant

Hi Mary!

Such fantastic news – thanks for sharing!  I appreciate your posts over the years…

-Rocco, IV since 2005, NED since 2009, ipi responder

Rocco
                                  Participant

Hi Mary!

Such fantastic news – thanks for sharing!  I appreciate your posts over the years…

Rocco
                                    Participant

Hi Mary!

NancyGM
                                      Participant

Mary, Big congrats to you! I, too, am NED…5 years without recurrence and hope our stories can spread hope.

NancyGM
                                        Participant

Mary, Big congrats to you! I, too, am NED…5 years without recurrence and hope our stories can spread hope.

NancyGM
                                          Participant

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics