The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Eisal E7080I

Forums General Melanoma Community Eisal E7080I

Participant

I am trying to use this format to get and give information regarding the test drug Eisal E7080.  I took my first dose on 1/3/11. I also took an baseline PET/CAT and MRI on that day. At 28 days another CAT Scan showed the lesions had lost 1/2 of their volume.  Day before yesterday I took my second CAT under the E7080 protocal.  I think I am one of the first people to get this second scan.

I am trying to use this format to get and give information regarding the test drug Eisal E7080.  I took my first dose on 1/3/11. I also took an baseline PET/CAT and MRI on that day. At 28 days another CAT Scan showed the lesions had lost 1/2 of their volume.  Day before yesterday I took my second CAT under the E7080 protocal.  I think I am one of the first people to get this second scan.  I am very pleased to say that the SCAN showed that the size of the metstisis in my lungs have not increased since the second scan and there appear to be several fewer lesions, even though I had missed 4 weeks of the treatment.

I started with 24 meg  for 28 days and had my first CAT Scan  It showed the lesions had decreased but I  had to quit because the side effects I was experiencing were so bad that I could not endure them.   At that time I took my second CAT scan I went off the drug for 14 days and within 3 days I was starting to clear up some serious symptoms.  Wen I  resumed the medication at 20 meg  I was begining to repeat the symptoms within 3 days.  I was taken off for 10 days and at a third 4 week period went back on at a dosage of 14 meg.  While it has not been pleasant I can live with this dosage and the side effects I am experiencing.  These are mostly fatigue and unsteadiness.  I an experiencing muscIe and joint pain in my extremities.  My appetite remains this time.

I know that University of Colorado at Aurora is sponsoring E7080 trials.  I would like to make contact with people from this site and the other brave souls around the US who are involved with these tests.  I hope you all are experience the positive results I have had.

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

Here is a E7080 post that was started on 3/3/11 by Vickirs. She seems to be doing quite well on the drug thus far. It has 36 responses by several that are on it (or will be) as well.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/eisai-inc-e7080

Here are the results of a E7080 search on this forum.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/search?keys=e7080&created=&created_1=

Michael

MichaelFL
          Participant

Here is a E7080 post that was started on 3/3/11 by Vickirs. She seems to be doing quite well on the drug thus far. It has 36 responses by several that are on it (or will be) as well.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/eisai-inc-e7080

Here are the results of a E7080 search on this forum.

http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page/search?keys=e7080&created=&created_1=

Michael

vickirs
            Participant

Hi, This is Vickirs.  I am on this at univ of colo.  I am doing very good compared to when I started.  My scans a few weeks ago showed stable  with possible dead tumor.  Hope more people respond.  My worst side effect right is high blood pressure, and we are working on that.  Wishing you success.  Vicki

vickirs
              Participant

Hi, This is Vickirs.  I am on this at univ of colo.  I am doing very good compared to when I started.  My scans a few weeks ago showed stable  with possible dead tumor.  Hope more people respond.  My worst side effect right is high blood pressure, and we are working on that.  Wishing you success.  Vicki

mayeast
                Participant

Hello.

I just finished my 5th week and go for scans in about 10 days. One of my side-effects is high blood pressure, but I am regulated now. I do have weakness, fatigue, mouth/tongue soreness, nausea and stomach pain. I'd love to continue to follow your updates and I will share my scan results in about 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Cheryl

dgkendall
                    Participant

Hello,

Glad to read about success and others on E7080. My wife will start this drug tomorrow. She's BRAF pos. did interferon and DTIC without results, just coming off GSK trial since Nov. '10 that slowed tumor growth in liver but didn't shrink as anticipated. We are hoping for the best with E7080. Keep in touch and I pray your scan results produce good results.

Thanks,

Dale

mayeast
                      Participant

tHANKS SO MUCH AND i WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU AND YOURS.

cHERYL

mayeast
                        Participant

tHANKS SO MUCH AND i WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU AND YOURS.

cHERYL

dgkendall
                          Participant

Hello,

Glad to read about success and others on E7080. My wife will start this drug tomorrow. She's BRAF pos. did interferon and DTIC without results, just coming off GSK trial since Nov. '10 that slowed tumor growth in liver but didn't shrink as anticipated. We are hoping for the best with E7080. Keep in touch and I pray your scan results produce good results.

Thanks,

Dale

mayeast
                          Participant

Hello.

I just finished my 5th week and go for scans in about 10 days. One of my side-effects is high blood pressure, but I am regulated now. I do have weakness, fatigue, mouth/tongue soreness, nausea and stomach pain. I'd love to continue to follow your updates and I will share my scan results in about 2 weeks.

Thanks.

Cheryl

dgkendall
                            Participant

Just checking to see how you are doing on the reduced dose of 14 mg. My wife started on 5/4 at 24mg. stopped 5/12 because of side effects and started again on the 5/18 at 20mg. Today (5/30) appears side effects coming back and will need to stop for awhile and return at 14mg. How are your side effects and what are they?

Dale

dewdads
                                Participant

Hi Dale,

I have been on test since 1/3 and so am one of the older cases in the study.  I have been very successful at 14 mg.  I started at 24 which was a disaster, did 8 weeks, took two weeks off, came back at 20mg and was having sideeffects after 3 days, went off 2 weeks came back at 14mg and have done reasonably well since them.

My side effects at this point are mostly fatigue.  I can easily sleep till 11:00 am, and then again for several hours in the afternoon.  I have lost a considerable amount of weight and continue to do so.  I have no taste and because nothing tastes good I am not eating enough.  I have also had long running diarrhea (5 weeks)  It isn't constant –just 4-5 hrs a day.  I have no mouth sores or sore throat like I had with the 24mg dosage.  I have had a lot of pain in my bones.muscles/joints but that seems to have cleared up.  I am much steadier  in my steps and do not stumble as I did.  Falling is still a concern, but  my feet have gotten back a lot of their feeling and that helps steady me.

Really, I feel pretty good for taking this medication.  My chemistrys have been normal and with a few glitches that have no logical causes body chemistry is within tolerable  ranges.  I have been outside in my garden a lot this spring, but I do have trouble with the wind and the high temps.  Bright sun effects my skin and the heat and sun makes me dizzy and faint.  

Dehydration continues to be a problem.  Just keep drinking.  My CAT/PET from a month ago showed the metastisis in my lungs had shrunk about 50% and that some of the lesions may have disappeared.  I do a MRI and CAT in late June and hope to see that trend continue.

Hope this helps.  Cutting down the dosage was my solution.  You just have to hope your response is adequate to keep the Cancer at bay.  But if you can't function you can't live.

dewdads
                                  Participant

Hi Dale,

I have been on test since 1/3 and so am one of the older cases in the study.  I have been very successful at 14 mg.  I started at 24 which was a disaster, did 8 weeks, took two weeks off, came back at 20mg and was having sideeffects after 3 days, went off 2 weeks came back at 14mg and have done reasonably well since them.

My side effects at this point are mostly fatigue.  I can easily sleep till 11:00 am, and then again for several hours in the afternoon.  I have lost a considerable amount of weight and continue to do so.  I have no taste and because nothing tastes good I am not eating enough.  I have also had long running diarrhea (5 weeks)  It isn't constant –just 4-5 hrs a day.  I have no mouth sores or sore throat like I had with the 24mg dosage.  I have had a lot of pain in my bones.muscles/joints but that seems to have cleared up.  I am much steadier  in my steps and do not stumble as I did.  Falling is still a concern, but  my feet have gotten back a lot of their feeling and that helps steady me.

Really, I feel pretty good for taking this medication.  My chemistrys have been normal and with a few glitches that have no logical causes body chemistry is within tolerable  ranges.  I have been outside in my garden a lot this spring, but I do have trouble with the wind and the high temps.  Bright sun effects my skin and the heat and sun makes me dizzy and faint.  

Dehydration continues to be a problem.  Just keep drinking.  My CAT/PET from a month ago showed the metastisis in my lungs had shrunk about 50% and that some of the lesions may have disappeared.  I do a MRI and CAT in late June and hope to see that trend continue.

Hope this helps.  Cutting down the dosage was my solution.  You just have to hope your response is adequate to keep the Cancer at bay.  But if you can't function you can't live.

dgkendall
                                  Participant

Just checking to see how you are doing on the reduced dose of 14 mg. My wife started on 5/4 at 24mg. stopped 5/12 because of side effects and started again on the 5/18 at 20mg. Today (5/30) appears side effects coming back and will need to stop for awhile and return at 14mg. How are your side effects and what are they?

Dale

premedy
                                    Participant

Does anyone have any updates on this drug?  Scan results, side effects, success and failures etc?

premedy
                                      Participant

Does anyone have any updates on this drug?  Scan results, side effects, success and failures etc?

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics