The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Dr. O’Day Info

Forums General Melanoma Community Dr. O’Day Info

Participant

I read, with some concern, the posts by others regarding Dr. O'Day perhaps not being at the Angeles Clinic anymore.  I called today and spoke to someone there and was informed that Dr. O'Day is definitely still at the AC, is on an "indefinite leave of absence" and is expected to be back by late July at the latest.  I was assured that he is not leaving AC and that the other doctors are only taking over his appointments while he is out on leave.  His assistant, Maggie, is also on leave until next week.  Maybe they just needed a break!

I read, with some concern, the posts by others regarding Dr. O'Day perhaps not being at the Angeles Clinic anymore.  I called today and spoke to someone there and was informed that Dr. O'Day is definitely still at the AC, is on an "indefinite leave of absence" and is expected to be back by late July at the latest.  I was assured that he is not leaving AC and that the other doctors are only taking over his appointments while he is out on leave.  His assistant, Maggie, is also on leave until next week.  Maybe they just needed a break!

Blessings, Shari

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

Oh my gosh, Shari, thank you so much!!!!!  I was so hoping that was what was going on.  My husband felt we shouldn't "pry", and I agreed to his wishes.  He wasn't rattled by the uncertainty, but I'm a worrier.  I don't doubt the other Angeles Clinic doctors, but we're used to O'Day, and don't want anything to change.  Maggie is the best, and I agree, they probably all need well-deserved rest.  Thanks again so much!

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

Oh my gosh, Shari, thank you so much!!!!!  I was so hoping that was what was going on.  My husband felt we shouldn't "pry", and I agreed to his wishes.  He wasn't rattled by the uncertainty, but I'm a worrier.  I don't doubt the other Angeles Clinic doctors, but we're used to O'Day, and don't want anything to change.  Maggie is the best, and I agree, they probably all need well-deserved rest.  Thanks again so much!

Hope

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

Thanks so much for this info! This news is fantastic!  I too am a fan of the "big man."

I'm currently in Thailand (dissertation research!)  haven't had opportunity to call!   Thanks for making my day!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
              Participant

Thanks so much for this info! This news is fantastic!  I too am a fan of the "big man."

I'm currently in Thailand (dissertation research!)  haven't had opportunity to call!   Thanks for making my day!

Julie

Harry in Fair Oaks
                Participant

I'm also a patient of Dr. O'Day (I originally consulted with him in 2000, so we go back a long time).  My next appointment at the Angeles Clinic is next week, on the 7th.  The last couple of times I was seen by Dr. Hamid – I was also told Dr. O'Day is on leave.  I will press them on the status of Dr. O'Day, and will report back any news.

Best wishes to all,

Harry (Stage IV since 2000)

Harry in Fair Oaks
                  Participant

I'm also a patient of Dr. O'Day (I originally consulted with him in 2000, so we go back a long time).  My next appointment at the Angeles Clinic is next week, on the 7th.  The last couple of times I was seen by Dr. Hamid – I was also told Dr. O'Day is on leave.  I will press them on the status of Dr. O'Day, and will report back any news.

Best wishes to all,

Harry (Stage IV since 2000)

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics