The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Don has passed

Forums General Melanoma Community Don has passed

Participant

The battle didn't seem that long . .  . but despite the surgeries and ipilimumab, the cancer spread like wildfire. He died on Friday. We felt we had the best treatment available, but were always a step behind the melanoma. Our onc said while he has seen it before, those cases in which it spreads so very rapidly still take him by surprise.

Thanks to all here for the good info and support over the past six months. Wish the very best, and a truly effective cure, to each and every one of you.  mm

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        Marianne quinn
        Participant

I am sorry for your loss. It was so fast. I wish I could think of something profound to say, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours 

Maureen038
            Participant

Michele,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your precious husband, Don.  Please know you will continue to stay in my prayers. Take one day at a time and please take care of yourself. Feel free to write anytime.

hugs,

Maureen 

tschmith
              Participant

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Terrie

tschmith
                Participant

Terrie

tschmith
                  Participant

Terrie

Maureen038
                    Participant

Michele,

I am so deeply sorry for your loss of your precious husband, Don.  Please know you will continue to stay in my prayers. Take one day at a time and please take care of yourself. Feel free to write anytime.

hugs,

Maureen 

Maureen038
                      Participant

Michele,

hugs,

Maureen 

Marianne quinn
                      Participant

I am sorry for your loss. It was so fast. I wish I could think of something profound to say, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours 

Marianne quinn
                        Participant

Fen
                          Participant

Oh Michele, I'm so sorry.   Keeping you and your family in my prayers.  Fen

Fen
                            Participant

Fen
                              Participant

heiditemple
                                Participant

I am so very sorry for your loss.

heiditemple
                                  Participant

Brendan
                                      Participant

Michelle, I am sorry for your loss.

Brendan
                                        Participant

Brendan
                                          Participant

heiditemple
                                          Participant

kpcollins31
                                            Participant

Very sorry to hear this – you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                              Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                Participant

Kevin

Michelem
                                                  Participant

Thank you all for your thoughts. This Forum has been a great source of support.  mm

Michelem
                                                    Participant

Thank you all for your thoughts. This Forum has been a great source of support.  mm

Michelem
                                                      Participant

mwcollins
                                                        Participant

Michele,

I was so deeply saddened when I saw this post this morning.  I have been praying so much for everyone with this tricky disease to have strength.  As my son has said on many occasions, 'Sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want, but the way He feels is best'.  My prayers are now with you for peace that God can offer. 

Megan

mwcollins
                                                          Participant

Michele,

I was so deeply saddened when I saw this post this morning.  I have been praying so much for everyone with this tricky disease to have strength.  As my son has said on many occasions, 'Sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers the way we want, but the way He feels is best'.  My prayers are now with you for peace that God can offer. 

Megan

mwcollins
                                                            Participant

Michele,

Megan

Bubbles
                                                              Participant

Oh, Michele.  My heart is heavy.  I can only imagine how you feel.  Don had a real jewel in you and I'm sure he knew it.  Wishing only happy memories will take the place of at least some of the hurt very soon.  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                Participant

Oh, Michele.  My heart is heavy.  I can only imagine how you feel.  Don had a real jewel in you and I'm sure he knew it.  Wishing only happy memories will take the place of at least some of the hurt very soon.  Yours, Celeste

Bubbles
                                                                  Participant

BrianP
                                                                    Participant

Michele,

So So sorry for your loss.  I'll be praying for your family during this difficult time.  Don was a very lucky man to have you, and I'm sure you were lucky to have him as well. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                                      Participant

Michele,

So So sorry for your loss.  I'll be praying for your family during this difficult time.  Don was a very lucky man to have you, and I'm sure you were lucky to have him as well. 

Brian

BrianP
                                                                        Participant

Michele,

Brian

JerryfromFauq
                                                                          Participant

So very sorry to hear this news and for the hole left in your life.  There is nothing profound to be said, the only favorble item is that his earthly pains are over. 
                                                                            Praying for you to find peace with your life.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                            Participant

So very sorry to hear this news and for the hole left in your life.  There is nothing profound to be said, the only favorble item is that his earthly pains are over. 

JerryfromFauq
                                                                              Participant

susanr
                                                                                Participant

So sorry. I don't know what to say but sorry.  I hope you find peace and surround yourself with family.

Its just really hard but with family..it gets somewhat easier.

susanr
                                                                                  Participant

So sorry. I don't know what to say but sorry.  I hope you find peace and surround yourself with family.

susanr
                                                                                    Participant

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics