The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Does prior IPI exclude you from other trials?

Forums General Melanoma Community Does prior IPI exclude you from other trials?

Participant
      I posted earlier about my last scans and started doing some reading on Anti PD1 trials, which I know are hard to come by. But the first two I read specifically excluded prior Anti CTLA or other immune treatment. My heart sank. If, I need another treatment I thought that would be the next one.

Does Yervoy exclude you from all Anti PD 1 trials?

I’m BRAF wild type (negative). I have the NRAS mutation. What else should I be looking at?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Julie

I posted earlier about my last scans and started doing some reading on Anti PD1 trials, which I know are hard to come by. But the first two I read specifically excluded prior Anti CTLA or other immune treatment. My heart sank. If, I need another treatment I thought that would be the next one.

Does Yervoy exclude you from all Anti PD 1 trials?

I’m BRAF wild type (negative). I have the NRAS mutation. What else should I be looking at?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Julie

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        gabsound
        Participant
          Also, I should probably change my picture as my dear daughter just turned 17 yesterday 🙂
          gabsound
          Participant
            Also, I should probably change my picture as my dear daughter just turned 17 yesterday 🙂
              awillett1991
              Participant
                I know this is supposed to start soon because my doc at Vandy will have some people on it. Half the patients will be people who have ailed IPI. I don’t know where you are, but maybe if you call them they can give you some other trial sites so you can get on a list or something?? Haven’t had any success getting in trial yet and probably won’t, so I don’t know how these things work.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01621490

awillett1991
                Participant
                  Failed IPI. Sorry. Best of luck to you!
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    awillett1991
                    Participant
                      gabsound
                      Participant
                        Thank you for the information.

Julie

gabsound
                        Participant

Julie

gabsound
                          Participant

Julie

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              I know this is supposed to start soon because my doc at Vandy will have some people on it. Half the patients will be people who have ailed IPI. I don’t know where you are, but maybe if you call them they can give you some other trial sites so you can get on a list or something?? Haven’t had any success getting in trial yet and probably won’t, so I don’t know how these things work.

awillett1991
                              Participant

gabsound
                              Participant
                                killmel
                                Participant

Hi Julie,

I read your post that you are looking for a PD1 trial.

I know there are openings in the Merck pd1 trial with Dr. Ribas, @UCLA…he is  the BEST Doctor. I understand that he has open seats now.

I suggest you contact him ASAP. He does reply to emails. You can ask him if he has any PD1 trial for patients who took IPI.

[email protected]
                                  310 206-3928

Good Luck,

Mary

killmel
                                  Participant

Hi Julie,

I know there are openings in the Merck pd1 trial with Dr. Ribas, @UCLA…he is  the BEST Doctor. I understand that he has open seats now.

I suggest you contact him ASAP. He does reply to emails. You can ask him if he has any PD1 trial for patients who took IPI.

[email protected]
                                    310 206-3928

Good Luck,

Mary

gabsound
                                      Participant
                                        Than k you Mary.

My oncologist is referring me to Angels clinic first. If they don’t have anything I will be right on the UCLA suggestion.

Julie

gabsound
                                        Participant
                                          Than k you Mary.

My oncologist is referring me to Angels clinic first. If they don’t have anything I will be right on the UCLA suggestion.

Julie

gabsound
                                          Participant
                                            Than k you Mary.

Julie

killmel
                                          Participant

Hi Julie,

[email protected]
                                            310 206-3928

Good Luck,

Mary

audgator
                                            Participant

I'm an ipi failure and, If I'm not mistaken, that was a requirement for my arm of the trial.   Dan

audgator
                                              Participant

I'm an ipi failure and, If I'm not mistaken, that was a requirement for my arm of the trial.   Dan

audgator
                                                Participant

gabsound
                                                    Participant
                                                      I’m scheduled for another PET/CT in 5-6 weeks. So I dont think I’ve failed yet, but I’m not optimistic that I will be NED by then.

In the mean time, trying to get next treatment lined up.

Thanks,

Julie

gabsound
                                                      Participant
                                                        I’m scheduled for another PET/CT in 5-6 weeks. So I dont think I’ve failed yet, but I’m not optimistic that I will be NED by then.

Thanks,

Julie

gabsound
                                                        Participant

Thanks,

Julie

LynnLuc
                                                        Participant

I know Moffitt is allowing people who failed Ipi- ( Yervoy) in their anti PD-1 trials…although originally they did not.

LynnLuc
                                                          Participant

I know Moffitt is allowing people who failed Ipi- ( Yervoy) in their anti PD-1 trials…although originally they did not.

LynnLuc
                                                              Participant

PS. Moffitt has 4 opening in the Anti PD 1 trial for those who are NED  and they have extended the group and have openings for 21. There is a 6 week wait for the latter one. You can contact my dr… Dr. Jeffrey Weber who is a medical oncologist in the Department of Cutaneous Oncology at Moffitt and director of Moffitt’s Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center. [email protected] . He will reply to your e-mails personally. He is accessable and friendly and an AWESOME onc!! I am bias for Moffitt and Dr Weber because I am in the trial and have remained Stage IV- NED for 2 1/2 years.

http://cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682183&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=10185044#AlternateTitle_CDR0000682183

Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IIIC or IV Melanoma

http://cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682171&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=10185044#AlternateTitle_CDR0000682171

Phase I Pilot Study of Peptide Vaccine Comprising gp100:209-217(210M), MART-1:26-35(27L), gp100:280-288(288V), and NY-ESO-1 Emulsified in Montanide ISA 51 VG and Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 in Patients With Unresectable Stage III or IV Melanoma

LynnLuc
                                                                Participant

PS. Moffitt has 4 opening in the Anti PD 1 trial for those who are NED  and they have extended the group and have openings for 21. There is a 6 week wait for the latter one. You can contact my dr… Dr. Jeffrey Weber who is a medical oncologist in the Department of Cutaneous Oncology at Moffitt and director of Moffitt’s Donald A. Adam Comprehensive Melanoma Research Center. [email protected] . He will reply to your e-mails personally. He is accessable and friendly and an AWESOME onc!! I am bias for Moffitt and Dr Weber because I am in the trial and have remained Stage IV- NED for 2 1/2 years.

http://cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682183&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=10185044#AlternateTitle_CDR0000682183

Phase I Study of Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 and Vaccine Therapy Comprising gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG in Patients With Resected Stage IIIC or IV Melanoma

http://cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=682171&version=HealthProfessional&protocolsearchid=10185044#AlternateTitle_CDR0000682171

Phase I Pilot Study of Peptide Vaccine Comprising gp100:209-217(210M), MART-1:26-35(27L), gp100:280-288(288V), and NY-ESO-1 Emulsified in Montanide ISA 51 VG and Anti-PD-1 Human Monoclonal Antibody MDX-1106 in Patients With Unresectable Stage III or IV Melanoma

LynnLuc
                                                                  Participant

The opening for 21 are for those NOT NED…

LynnLuc
                                                                    Participant

gabsound
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Lynn,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the country. I’m so inspired by your story. You are the poster child for this drug! I’ll be looking at California first- much closer to las Vegas.

Julie

gabsound
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Lynn,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the country. I’m so inspired by your story. You are the poster child for this drug! I’ll be looking at California first- much closer to las Vegas.

Julie

gabsound
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Lynn,

Julie

LynnLuc
                                                                            Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                              Participant

LynnLuc
                                                                              Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics