The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

D-Day Nov 12th!

Forums General Melanoma Community D-Day Nov 12th!

Participant
      Brothers & Sisters of the Mel! Hope yer all doing Well! I know that Rhymed but i didnt Mind, it still sounds funny as Hell!…(tough crowd i tell ya, no respect!)…Yesterday i told my oncologist i broke my arm in two places, she said “dont go to those two places!”.. No respect!
      Anyways folks, Nov 12th, surgery day, RLL (Right Lower Lobe) will be leaving my body including the 5.2cm Mel Monster, deeeep breath! Yixe! definetly the mother of all surgeries for me, VATS will be used THANK GOD!, im hearing its a lil easier on the Wear & Tear of it all…you all have been so supportive & i APPRECIATE it more then my silly, sometimes “inmature” words can express…Love ya’ll..
    Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

Hey Mike!

Sounds like a good plan!  And I'm glad you're getting VATS.  It's not a walk in the park, but it's very doable, very doable.  For me it was the chest tube that was the most painful.  But even that was manageable (as long as I didn't move).  

Oh and I have a groaner for you: Worldwide, what's the biggest use of cow hides and skin?  Holding cows together!  Taaa dum dum.

Seriously, I'm glad you have a plan and options. Will be praying.

Shalom,

Julie

MarkR
            Participant

Best of luck with the operation – hope all goes well

WithinMySkin
            Participant

Glad you have a date planned! Sorry to hear about your pending loss of lung lobe, but losing the Mel is awesome! Best weight loss surgery ever 😉 I'll be thinking about ya!

Lauren

bjeans
              Participant

Well, Mike, November 12 is National Chicken Soup for the Soul Day, so you picked the perfect day to get rid of what has not been good for your soul. Good going, glad you’re getting that sucker out.

Beth

tedtell1
                Participant

Mike;

Awww, right lower lobes are overrated anyways…..good luck brother and keep the humor and bad jokes flowing.

KellyH
                  Participant

Hi mike.

Nov 12 must be a melanoma day…my son is scheduled for his 6 month treatment scans….scansnxiety already setting in for me. 

I wish you nothing but the best….best thing about surgery is that all it’s temporary..your body will heal and you will be better for it!!!!  I will be thinking of you!!! I know I will not forget the date that’s for sure!!!! 

Hang in there!!! 

Kelly 🙂

Patrisa
                    Participant

Dear Mike, I rarely post these days, cause my father is doing well and we can relax more now, however I read the posts ofen, cheer for everyone struggling, Especially you! You remind me so much of our friend Josh, your positive attitude and perseverance are just amazing!

I think operation is always the best option if possible, if I were in your shoes i would do the exact the same thing! 

Good luck and believe everything will be ok! 

Prayers, thoughts and love!

Patrisa from Slovenia 

lkb
                      Participant

Happy again for your Nivo/Ipi response and glad you're going after the big guy.  Before my most recent surgery, I bought a big, thick, gothicky novel I'd been wanting to read. It's not everybody's thing, but I knew it would help me through. Hope you get yourself a post-op treat, as well. And, of course, we'll all be cheering for you here!

MelanomaMike
                        Participant
                          Thank you all for your replys of encouragement & love & good healing vibes! I should be fine, like iv said its the Mother of all surgeries to date! Gotta be done…love ya guys..
                      Viewing 7 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics